ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 199 of 460
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
kstater 08:11 AM 04-13-2013
Interesting ruling. I know of the new rule from last year making allowances for armchair golfers that call in rules violations, but I don't think this falls under that. If Tiger's intent was to actually drop beyond his original ball, then he needs to take himself out for signing the card wrong, because it's his mis-understanding of the rule.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 08:12 AM 04-13-2013
Sounds fair/Dustin Johnson
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:17 AM 04-13-2013
he is in. Yes he should know the rules, but the USGA accepted his one stroke and drop.
[Reply]
philfree 08:19 AM 04-13-2013
I not sure I know the exact procedure when putting the ball in play in that situation. On any ol day one of us would just walk back and drop a ball next to the divot we just made and play from there. In this situation the player doesn't have to mark where he hit from and put down a club to make sure the ball doesn't end up closer to the hole after it's dropped? What's the protocol?
[Reply]
Stewie 08:25 AM 04-13-2013
The original divot was clear to see. He dropped behind that, but apparently not close enough to the original spot. He mentioned something about "line of flight" which is a different rule.

I think they cut him some slack because the intent of the rule is to avoid someone gaining an advantage by improving their lie or stance or both. That wasn't the case where he was hitting.

The rule is vague, too. It says "as near as possible to the original spot." What does that mean? One foot, one yard, in the original divot?
[Reply]
philfree 08:28 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Stewie:
The original divot was clear to see. He dropped behind that, but apparently not close enough to the original spot. He mentioned something about "line of flight" which is a different rule.

I think they cut him some slack because the intent of the rule is to avoid someone gaining an advantage by improving their lie or stance or both. That wasn't the case where he was hitting.

The rule is vague, too. It says "as near as possible to the original spot." What does that mean? One foot, one yard, in the original divot?
By his own admission he thought it was an advantage to be two yards back.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 08:31 AM 04-13-2013
This is why golf is a ****ing joke. A rules official should have been with Tiger at the drop, ensuring that it was handled properly. 18 hours later, things shouldn't change.

"Honor." OK.
[Reply]
Dr. Gigglepants 08:32 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by philfree:
By his own admission he thought it was an advantage to be two yards back.
From what I've read about it (I didn't see it), it sounds like he wouldn't be in this mess at all had he not made those comments.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08:32 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
This is why golf if a fucking joke. A rules official should have been with Tiger at the drop, ensuring that it was handled properly. 18 hours later, things shouldn't change.

"Honor." OK.
Yep. But at least they changed the DQ rule
[Reply]
philfree 08:42 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
This is why golf if a ****ing joke. A rules official should have been with Tiger at the drop, ensuring that it was handled properly. 18 hours later, things shouldn't change.

"Honor." OK.
Isn't there usually an official when the drop by the green or right next to the water hazard? I've seen many a competitor ask an official if his drop was okay before he deemed his ball in play.
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 09:33 AM 04-13-2013
He should voluntarily withdraw IMO. It sucks, but it is the right thing to do.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:35 AM 04-13-2013
tee time set for this afternoon
[Reply]
Hootie 09:44 AM 04-13-2013
Originally Posted by Joe Seahawk:
He should voluntarily withdraw IMO. It sucks, but it is the right thing to do.
why is that the right thing to do?
[Reply]
Braincase 09:50 AM 04-13-2013
Initially the drop was approved, then the rules committee had different ruling after he signed his card. It's not his fault he signed an incorrect card, as it all came after the fact. They've changed the rules to accommodate such rulings. He wasn't any closer to the pin, and it appeared be a reasonable proximity to his original shot. It wasn't two yards. And Brandel Chamblee is a pompous prick. Nobilo is so much easier to tolerate.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:50 AM 04-13-2013
Faldo is a pillow biter
[Reply]
Page 199 of 460
« First < 99149189195196197198199 200201202203209249299 > Last »
Up