ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Friends
HemiEd 07:05 AM 02-16-2019
Anyone else watching this show?

I didn't watch it when it was on the air from 94 to 04 but have been binge watching it.

The Mrs. just told me Netflix has purchased the series for 100 million. :-)

Pretty interesting reading about the lives of the group since it was on the air.
[Reply]
Sully 02:50 PM 02-17-2019
I would guess I have seen it through maybe 30+ times, either actively or passively. Roughly 60% of my one-liners or inside jokes with (real life) friends come from that show.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:35 PM 02-17-2019
Chick show....ex gf loved it. I never really cared for it. Def wanted to bang out Rachel/Aniston though.

But as previously stated....Seinfeld was the best show on TV then.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:52 PM 02-17-2019
Lowkey Sully is a real old name on CP
[Reply]
1claire 06:07 PM 02-17-2019
This show has been recommended by my sister who was then a teenager in 1994 and way back when I was still a toddler. I search for a place to watch it in 2010 and I must say that it is one of the best series that I have seen. I feel like TV series way back then is way better than what we have nowadays.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:26 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I never really watched either one of them, but I really disliked Seinfeld. Sure, it was funny, but the characters were all such shitty people that I really had no interest in what happened to them.
I think that's what made it so good and unique. No attachment to characters and just random, normal events happening to them that made it so good. The writing was fantastic. Although after awhile, George being a constant downer did get very old.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:30 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I think that's what made it so good and unique. No attachment to characters and just random, normal events happening to them that made it so good. The writing was fantastic. Although after awhile, George being a constant downer did get very old.
Show about nothing. A dingo ate your baby.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:39 PM 02-17-2019
My favorite comedy from that era was Frasier. I liked it even better than Cheers. David Hyde-Pierce in particular made the show, but the entire cast was awesome.

I saw him live playing Sir Robin in Spamalot on its pre-Broadway run in Chicago. He blew everybody else off the stage.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That is interesting, I kind of like the 'hipster" look. :-) Do they like monkeys?

I wasn't aware the contract was only for one year.

I think it is TBS that I have been recording, channel 247 I believe.
yep, one year $100 million. And Forbes thinks it may be a good deal. $100 million for one year is now a good deal. :-)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dbloom/...eo-rights/amp/
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Seinfeld owned this show.

Friends is a chick show. Boring and not very funny.
I like FRIENDS. But think it stole some things from Seinfeld.

Never liked whiny Ross. I have never seen someone regress in age in a show.

Originally Posted by :
Frazond: My favorite comedy from that era was Frasier. I liked it even better than Cheers. David Hyde-Pierce in particular made the show, but the entire cast was awesome.
Best written show for a long time. Written as a play, not a sit com. Hyde-Pierce on Valentines Day when he does not say a word. Comedy Gold. Wife was in labor that day and I still catch hell from the wife for watching it. 20 years later.
Which would have been Feb 11, 1999. Kid was 20 last week.
**** Time flies.

[Reply]
HemiEd 06:36 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I like FRIENDS. But think it stole some things from Seinfeld.

Never liked whiny Ross. I have never seen someone regress in age in a show.

I think you are probably right, 4 in Seinfeld and 6 Friends.

I didn't watch Seinfeld much when it was on the air either but got into it a bit about 6 years ago.

After watching a few episodes of Friends the Mrs. asked me who my favorite character was, expecting it to be Joey.

I pretty much like them all equally.

Zero interest in Frazier to this point, watched a few episodes when it was on.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:23 AM 02-18-2019
Used to watch it back when it was originally on in the 90s. Decent show worth some laughs.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:24 AM 02-18-2019
I watched it quite a bit, and watch here and there with re-runs.
It used to be really good. but as time went on, they just became caricatures of themselves. Still good for a few laughs for sure, but it sort of got crazy and/or lazy with character development / lack thereof.

having watched as much Friends as I have, makes the episode of IASIP "The Gang Desperately Tries to Win an Award" even more awesome. Brilliant, even.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:27 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I think you are probably right, 4 in Seinfeld and 6 Friends.

I didn't watch Seinfeld much when it was on the air either but got into it a bit about 6 years ago.

After watching a few episodes of Friends the Mrs. asked me who my favorite character was, expecting it to be Joey.

I pretty much like them all equally.

Zero interest in Frazier to this point, watched a few episodes when it was on.
I havent seen Friends since it was on the air. Watched it regurally. In that era, I liked Seinfeld, the Wonder Years and Star Trek TNG better. About all I ever watched on TV back then. Was really busy.
[Reply]
Sully 11:06 AM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My favorite comedy from that era was Frasier. I liked it even better than Cheers. David Hyde-Pierce in particular made the show, but the entire cast was awesome.

I saw him live playing Sir Robin in Spamalot on its pre-Broadway run in Chicago. He blew everybody else off the stage.
I've been watching Cheers on Netflix lately, and damn if that show doesn't hold up well. I liked it, but I was a kid... had no idea how good it actually was.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 02-26-2019
Friends?

Turn in your man card. Now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up