ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Friends
HemiEd 07:05 AM 02-16-2019
Anyone else watching this show?

I didn't watch it when it was on the air from 94 to 04 but have been binge watching it.

The Mrs. just told me Netflix has purchased the series for 100 million. :-)

Pretty interesting reading about the lives of the group since it was on the air.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 02:09 AM 02-17-2019
The first 4 or 5 seasons were really good. The quality dropped off after though as all the characters became caricatures of themselves. Joey was the dumb one, Ross was the geek, etc...
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:42 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
The first 4 or 5 seasons were really good. The quality dropped off after though as all the characters became caricatures of themselves. Joey was the dumb one, Ross was the geek, etc...
I think the first couple seasons were at the top, but then they tapered off until season eight. It was the best IMO.

Saw the finale last night, but season nine still hasn't recorded.

I agree with Baby Lee, there have been many gut buster moments. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:44 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
now your officially a millilenial. Netflix paid $100 million for one year of broadcasting Friends. For whatever reason this is a hot show with 18-30 year olds.
:-) Yeah right.

It has a great mix of personality types
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:34 AM 02-17-2019
I find it very appropriate that Cosmos shits on the series based on 1% of the episodes. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
:-) Yeah right.

It has a great mix of personality types
When I saw the $100 million spent for one fucking year because millennial like the show I asked my son about it. He owns a business that has a lot of the hipster millennial's as customers. He doesn't care for the show personally but he overhears his customers talking about the show.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:14 AM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When I saw the $100 million spent for one ****ing year because millennial like the show I asked my son about it. He owns a business that has a lot of the hipster millennial's as customers. He doesn't care for the show personally but he overhears his customers talking about the show.
That is interesting, I kind of like the 'hipster" look. :-) Do they like monkeys?

I wasn't aware the contract was only for one year.

I think it is TBS that I have been recording, channel 247 I believe.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:48 AM 02-17-2019
Casual viewer back when it was on. Was always funny whenever I watched.

Solid cast, great writing.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:38 PM 02-17-2019
For me the best moment on the show was when all the pieces clicked together for Joey wrt Chandler and Monica. Matt LeBlanc played that so well.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:01 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That is interesting, I kind of like the 'hipster" look. :-) Do they like monkeys?

I wasn't aware the contract was only for one year.

I think it is TBS that I have been recording, channel 247 I believe.
Those episodes are cut as well.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:15 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
For me the best moment on the show was when all the pieces clicked together for Joey wrt Chandler and Monica. Matt LeBlanc played that so well.
Shhh dude, he's RIGHT THERE!!
[Reply]
lewdog 01:51 PM 02-17-2019
Seinfeld owned this show.

Friends is a chick show. Boring and not very funny.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:04 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Seinfeld owned this show.

Friends is a chick show. Boring and not very funny.
I never really watched either one of them, but I really disliked Seinfeld. Sure, it was funny, but the characters were all such shitty people that I really had no interest in what happened to them.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:13 PM 02-17-2019
I am not a friends fan but I liked the part where someone was making shepards pie and it was missing a page so it went mashed potatoes meet and Jelly. and Ross is like "IT TASTES LIKE FEET' and Joey just smashes it "Meat good Potatoes good Jelly good. "
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:16 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I am not a friends fan but I liked the part where someone was making shepards pie and it was missing a page so it went mashed potatoes meet and Jelly. and Ross is like "IT TASTES LIKE FEET' and Joey just smashes it "Meat good Potatoes good Jelly good. "
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Rachel's English Trifle
Oh no, the pages are stuck together!!

CHANDLER!!!

[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:21 PM 02-17-2019
I fucked that all up but it was funny. My Boozy roomate who died 3 years ago would watch this show all the time. There were so many days I was too drunk and tired to take the dvd's out and would sit there for hours. RIP DAVE
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up