ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Top 10 for 29?
staylor26 05:50 PM 02-14-2019
Keep it realistic

1. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
2. Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
3. DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
4. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
5. Deonte Thompson, S, Alabama
6. Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
7. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
8. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
9. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
10. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

Notes:

Didn’t include Hock because I don’t think it’s realistic that he’ll be there

One guy that’s on the bubble there for me is Wiklins.

I’d also be intrigued by Metcalf if he fell.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 06:00 PM 02-14-2019
I think most would switch Byron and Baker.

I think Trayvon is the most intriguing corner prospect to me...simply because he's the youngest of the group and I think has the most potential to grow into.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:06 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:

I think Trayvon is the most intriguing corner prospect to me...simply because he's the youngest of the group and I think has the most potential to grow into.
Agreed on Trayvon having the most upside, but Murphy’s ball skills are elite and he’s just a playmaker. Out of the three he has the best combination of floor/ceiling. That’s why he’s my #1.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:36 PM 02-14-2019
Are you saying Christian Wilkins at the end there? Dude's a top 20 pick, easily, IMO. Especially after all the crap with Jeffery Simmons.

As for your list, I like it pretty well, other than the TEs in there. I'm not at all interested in an offensive player at 29 but I do realize that a top 10 list likely means you're going to end up with 1 or 2 in it. This team needs a talent on defense that can start day and I also just don't think I can put any of the TEs above some other offensive players in that list.

I'm not including Byron Murphy or Deonte Thompson in my list because I simply don't think either will be anywhere near available at 29.

What I'm thinking at the moment is:

1. CB DeAndre Baker
2. S Nassir Adderley
3. CB Trayvon Mullen
4. CB Amani Oruwariye
5. LB Mack Wilson
6. DE Jaylon Ferguson
7. DT Jerry Tillery
8. OL Dalton Risner
9. WR Parris Campbell
10. LB Devin Bush
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Are you saying Christian Wilkins at the end there? Dude's a top 20 pick, easily, IMO. Especially after all the crap with Jeffery Simmons.

As for your list, I like it pretty well, other than the TEs in there. I'm not at all interested in an offensive player at 29 but I do realize that a top 10 list likely means you're going to end up with 1 or 2 in it. This team needs a talent on defense that can start day and I also just don't think I can put any of the TEs above some other offensive players in that list.

I'm not including Byron Murphy or Deonte Thompson in my list because I simply don't think either will be anywhere near available at 29.

What I'm thinking at the moment is:

1. CB DeAndre Baker
2. S Nassir Adderley
3. CB Trayvon Mullen
4. CB Amani Oruwariye
5. LB Mack Wilson
6. DE Jaylon Ferguson
7. DT Jerry Tillery
8. OL Dalton Risner
9. WR Parris Campbell
10. LB Devin Bush
First off, forgot to add that I haven’t watched much offense outside of RB’s and TE’s hence the lack of WR’s and OL on my board. I have watched Campbell though and he’s definitely somebody that I can see getting on my list with a great combine.

Second, yes Christian. I have to admit, since he’s a 3 tech I haven’t paid much attention to his value. I was just basing it off of the couple rankings I’ve used when watching tape.

And you could be right about Murphy, but I do think Thompson has a legit shot to make it to 29. Seems like there are a lot of people that aren’t as high on him.

There are quite a few guys that people have all over the place this year. It’s hard to tell with so many of them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:40 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed on Trayvon having the most upside, but Murphy’s ball skills are elite and he’s just a playmaker. Out of the three he has the best combination of floor/ceiling. That’s why he’s my #1.
I could agree with that. I'd have Murphy 1a and Baker 1b. Something about Baker i just really like. Murphy might be a slightly safer bet to reach full potential.
[Reply]
Mr Hammock 03:50 PM 02-17-2019
I think it's reasonable to believe that at least one of the players below will be available at #29.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:53 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mr Hammock:
I think it's reasonable to believe that at least one of the players below will be available at #29.

in every mock draft and every simulation I've messed with, Adderley is there at 29; and Mullen is there at either 2nd round spot. Also, usually Jaylon Ferguson, too for what it's worth.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:55 PM 02-17-2019
of course, things never shake out how anyone expects, but I think there's a really good shot at getting 3 really good players in position of need in those top 3 picks.
[Reply]
Mr Hammock 04:00 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
in every mock draft and every simulation I've messed with, Adderley is there at 29; and Mullen is there at either 2nd round spot. Also, usually Jaylon Ferguson, too for what it's worth.
I would not rule out the Raiders taking Adderley at #27.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:08 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mr Hammock:
I would not rule out the Raiders taking Adderley at #27.
They need SO MUCH it's hard to tell what they're going to do.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:24 PM 02-17-2019
1. Nassir Adderly - S
2. Byron Murphy - CB
3. DeAndre Baker - CB
4. Trayvon Mullen - CB
5. Christian Wilkins - DL
6. Brian Burns - Edge
7. Jaylon Ferguson - Edge
8. Amani Oruwariye -CB
9. Mack Wilson - LB
10. Noah Fant - TE

After having time to watch more game tape, my personal favourites as “fits” for the Chiefs in and around pick #29 are above. Of course many will already be selected while some might drop to round two. I expect Corner and Safety to be addressed early and free agency will also give us insight as to how much potential investment there may be at certain positions once the picks start coming off the board.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
This didn’t hold up well
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:35 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This didn’t hold up well
? Something happen?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:38 PM 02-17-2019
I'd love Byron Murphy he is my favorite cb in this class but we don't have a shot in hell at him. Which is why I want the Penn State guy who I can't spell his name
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up