ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the board falls the way I think it might, I kind of want TJ Hockenson in the first
Willie Lanier 10:16 PM 02-09-2019
He is Kelce 2.0

Imagine two Travis Kelces on the field; good luck defending that...

I am fully aware of the fact our defense needs an infusion of talent, but damn; I really like this guy...

All that said, if DeAndre Baker or Byron Murphy is still there I'd snap either one up in a heartbeat
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:49 PM 02-12-2019
I don’t think Hockenson falls to us in the 1st anymore.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
As much as I’d be happy with any of the 3 TE’s, every one that gets picked ahead of us pushes a defensive player down the board. I’m good either way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The thing is how many TE's are going to go that early? I've been seeing Smith and Fant both going in the top 20 consistently.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:35 AM 02-13-2019
I kind of want all 3 Tight Ends to get taken early, because that means some quality defenders have to fall.

Very little chance that more than 1 of them is off the board by the time the Chiefs pick though.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:08 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I kind of want all 3 Tight Ends to get taken early, because that means some quality defenders have to fall.

Very little chance that more than 1 of them is off the board by the time the Chiefs pick though.
I agree. I think one of the Iowa TEs go in round 1, but I'm not so sure 3 TEs go in round 1. Probably more likely 2 of the 3 fall to round 2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:25 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I agree. I think one of the Iowa TEs go in round 1, but I'm not so sure 3 TEs go in round 1. Probably more likely 2 of the 3 fall to round 2.
I was watching the Big 10 network yesterday and they think Fant and Hockenson will flip by draft time with Hockenson going higher than Fant.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I was watching the Big 10 network yesterday and they think Fant and Hockenson will flip by draft time with Hockenson going higher than Fant.
I think there's a chance that Hock works his way into the top 12. It's not a great one, but he'll be the first TE off the board, IMO.

What may help is the same thing that has people saying that we shouldn't take one in the first - it's a really good TE class.

I just think Hockenson is a friggen phenomenal fit for us for reasons that I've already gone into fairly wordy detail over. Trust the new defensive coaching staff to get something worth listening to out of a Tuba here and lean hard on the most talented player available.

I'm starting to accept that he won't be available for us in the late 1st; I was never incredibly confident that he would be but it's looking less and less likely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think there's a chance that Hock works his way into the top 12. It's not a great one, but he'll be the first TE off the board, IMO.

What may help is the same thing that has people saying that we shouldn't take one in the first - it's a really good TE class.

I just think Hockenson is a friggen phenomenal fit for us for reasons that I've already gone into fairly wordy detail over. Trust the new defensive coaching staff to get something worth listening to out of a Tuba here and lean hard on the most talented player available.

I'm starting to accept that he won't be available for us in the late 1st; I was never incredibly confident that he would be but it's looking less and less likely.
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I made a post about it in the other thread.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:30 PM 02-13-2019
Any chance at all Montez Sweat drops?
[Reply]
Hoover 02:38 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I'm not sure about that. If you watch game tape you are going to want Hockenson. If you go by the numbers they produce at the combine its going to be Fast that rises up the draft board. If either guy falls to the second I'd be all over that shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:45 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Any chance at all Montez Sweat drops?
I don't think Sweat is all that myself.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:55 PM 02-13-2019
I don't think Sweat is all that myself.
after the top guys like bosa and allen I think he is in that next tier
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
after the top guys like bosa and allen I think he is in that next tier
As a pass rusher?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 02-13-2019
The problem I have with Sweat is he seemed to not show up in the really big games. He seemed to be invisible the couple of times I really got to watch him play.

That being said, I don't think there's any way he drops to 29 anyway. His position is too valuable and he did have top notch production for 2 years in the SEC.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:21 AM 02-14-2019
The problem I have with Sweat is he seemed to not show up in the really big games. He seemed to be invisible the couple of times I really got to watch him play.

That being said, I don't think there's any way he drops to 29 anyway. His position is too valuable and he did have top notch production for 2 years in the SEC.
Another guy i like is Brian Burns any chance he'd be there? What are your thoughts on him?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up