ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:02 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Lateralus is probably my most played album, I love every song on that one. I also feel the same way about Jar of Flies and Dirt from Alice in Chains, that's about 75% of what I listen to. People can hate on "grunge" all they want, but Alice in Chains speaks to me.
Dude SAME. I saw them live a few years ago (post Layne Staley), and I was very nervous about it. It ended up being great though.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:09 PM 02-14-2019
Lateralus is probably my most played album, I love every song on that one. I also feel the same way about Jar of Flies and Dirt from Alice in Chains, that's about 75% of what I listen to. People can hate on "grunge" all they want, but Alice in Chains speaks to me.
Love Alice in Chains and they are still in heavy rotation for me. I also listen to Nirvana from time to time, though after Cobain killed himself, part of the music died for me as well.
[Reply]
Bump 03:44 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Dude SAME. I saw them live a few years ago (post Layne Staley), and I was very nervous about it. It ended up being great though.
I saw them live a couple of times about 10 years ago, they were good shows, nobody can replace Layne but I enjoyed it. They did an acoustic show in a smaller venue in Tulsa and that was pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Bump 03:49 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Love Alice in Chains and they are still in heavy rotation for me. I also listen to Nirvana from time to time, though after Cobain killed himself, part of the music died for me as well.
ya I like nirvana but don't listen to it that much. I'll throw in some Soundgarden and STP sometimes though, I like the 90's grunge and it's kind of sad that pretty much every lead singer is now dead.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:34 PM 02-14-2019
ya I like nirvana but don't listen to it that much. I'll throw in some Soundgarden and STP sometimes though, I like the 90's grunge and it's kind of sad that pretty much every lead singer is now dead.
How freaking sad is it that they're all dead EXCEPT Eddie freaking Vedder?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 05:51 PM 02-14-2019
Isn’t chad kroeger married to Avril Lavigne? That’s all that must be said. And agreed re:Alice in chains... down in a hole and would are both (with several others) heavily in the rotation at all times
[Reply]
Sorry 06:18 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I get the sameness and cliche criticisms, but I've heard a lot worse music than Nickelback. They're not my thing, but they are catchy. Tool's popularity confuses me though.
Tool is weird progressive and hesvy. Love then personally
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:54 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Isn’t chad kroeger married to the woman who's fraudulently passing herself as Avril Lavigne? That’s all that must be said. And agreed re:Alice in chains... down in a hole and would are both (with several others) heavily in the rotation at all times
FYP
[Reply]
eDave 09:57 PM 02-14-2019
Isn’t chad kroeger married to Avril Lavigne? That’s all that must be said. And agreed re:Alice in chains... down in a hole and would are both (with several others) heavily in the rotation at all times
I will never, ever, not stop and listen to Would.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:47 PM 02-14-2019
I used to think Avril Lavigne was sexy back in the day....although I was in HS then.

She hasn't aged too well...not ugly...just doesn't have that teenie rocker chick look anymore that I liked then.

Music was always crap.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:00 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I used to think Avril Lavigne was sexy back in the day....although I was in HS then.

She hasn't aged too well...not ugly...just doesn't have that teenie rocker chick look anymore that I liked then.

Music was always crap.
Never cared much for her raccoon eye makeup. Reminded me of the Charlie Sheen scene from Ferris Bueller: "You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she's a whore." :-)
[Reply]
Ebolapox 02:17 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
FYP
Rep for one of my favorite contemporary conspiracy theories
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:22 AM 02-15-2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 02-15-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:29 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
How freaking sad is it that they're all dead EXCEPT Eddie freaking Vedder?
PJam is great, thank you very much.

Ex wife.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up