ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:23 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
If Mustaine had sprung for someone who could actually sing, I would much prefer Megadeth to Metallica. I just never could get into them because of the awful singing (IMO, of course).
agree.
I still like Megadeth; I think the guitars and the collective are enough for me to tolerate Daves voice lol. Especially the Menza/Efflson (Sp?)/Friedman days.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:26 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
While I like giving people crap about certain bands, I don't take any of it all that seriously. This is what I've been digging most recently.

Gojira is solid! And no, I don't like that Death Punch crap. It's sooooo generic.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:27 PM 02-13-2019
If Mustaine had sprung for someone who could actually sing, I would much prefer Megadeth to Metallica. I just never could get into them because of the awful singing (IMO, of course).
I took my old man to see Megadeth open for Iron Maiden for his 50th. Dave and co. absolutely killed it - like, album quality perfect. Maiden was Maiden course. :-)
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:29 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I'll take Porcupine Tree for $1000 Alex

I think we've chatted briefly about Porcupine Tree and Gavin Harrison (or maybe Steven Wilson). Anesthetize is a true masterpiece. I'd kill to see that shit live. Would have killed, rather :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 03:30 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
I took my old man to see Megadeth open for Iron Maiden for his 50th. Dave and co. absolutely killed it - like, album quality perfect. Maiden was Maiden course. :-)
Another (probably) controversial opinion - Iron Maiden's first two albums were brilliant and I don't really care for anything after, though Number of the Beast is the most tolerable.

Fite me
[Reply]
SuperChief 04:18 PM 02-13-2019
Another (probably) controversial opinion - Iron Maiden's first two albums were brilliant and I don't really care for anything after, though Number of the Beast is the most tolerable.

Fite me
That's the last kind of thing to fite over. You win lol
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:22 PM 02-13-2019
You aren't wrong. I like Megadeth in spite of Dave's vocals, and can only do so much at a time because of his vocals.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 PM 02-13-2019
I love Mustaine's vocals. They're unique in a field of similarity.

Plus the guitars from any era of Megadeth absolutely crush everything else, Metallica included.

Megadeth is like the perfect match of speed and skill.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 PM 02-13-2019

Fite me
I can probably top that...

The best 2 Black Sabbath albums are Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:47 PM 02-13-2019
You know there is a 16 bit version of the Mob Rules in the Spiderman Carnage game on the SNES?

That blew my mind when I was a kid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 PM 02-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know there is a 16 bit version of the Mob Rules in the Spiderman Carnage game on the SNES?

That blew my mind when I was a kid.
I did not know that! Crazy...
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 AM 02-14-2019
:-)

Just because the dude may not like something doesn't mean it is bad. I don't like The Beatles - I recognize their talent and the importance of their work, but I still don't like it. Doesn't mean they suck.
Holy shit!! Somebody finally gets it.
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:23 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Holy shit!! Somebody finally gets it.
I get one every few thousand years :-)
[Reply]
headsnap 11:35 AM 02-14-2019
they are country music for people who can't admit they like country music, their songs are just new country with distorted guitars and grittier vocals.
[Reply]
Bump 12:59 PM 02-14-2019
The differences between Lateralus and 10,000 Days are great in number. Rhythm, arrangement, dissonance, dynamics, time signature. Lateralus, by most accounts, is one of the most celebrated hard rock albums of all time.

You don't know what you don't know, sir.
Lateralus is probably my most played album, I love every song on that one. I also feel the same way about Jar of Flies and Dirt from Alice in Chains, that's about 75% of what I listen to. People can hate on "grunge" all they want, but Alice in Chains speaks to me.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up