ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:47 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
See what I mean?!?!
He’s not mean he just doesn’t like you.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 12:27 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin. Never liked them, even when I was a kid and everybody else did.
Is your pick for hottest actress sarah jessica parker?
[Reply]
Frazod 08:05 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
Is your pick for hottest actress sarah jessica parker?
She’s hotter than your mom.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:44 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

That and there is nothing good about today's music....absolutely nothing. Nobody has any actual musical/instrumental talent anymore with exception for a few.
I hope one of your few is Steven Wilson,if not I strongly recommend checking out his solo work and past Porcupine Tree work.

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
That and there is nothing good about today's music....absolutely nothing. Nobody has any actual musical/instrumental talent anymore with exception for a few.
You need to stop listening to the radio, dude. There's a TON of great musical talent out there, it's just not on the radio. Schlock sells.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:55 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Their earliest stuff is actually not bad. They were a NWOBHM band before they were a hair band, ironically.
I'd give a thumbs up to their first two projects,after that no thanks.

[Reply]
Nzoner 10:11 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You need to stop listening to the radio, dude. There's a TON of great musical talent out there, it's just not on the radio. Schlock sells.
Nailed it.

Joe Bonamassa's newest is a great example IMO,his back-up female vocalists on this are outstanding.

[Reply]
eDave 03:14 PM 02-21-2019
Slipknot Singer Says Imagine Dragons Have Replaced Nickelback As The Worst Band

Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger provided us with some of the juiciest, most unexpected beef of 2017 when he dissed former Roadrunner Records labelmates Slipknot: “How good can your music be if you’ve gotta beat each other up onstage, throw up in your own mask every night?” In response, Slipknot singer Corey Taylor said that Kroeger has “a face like a foot” and that Nickelback “is to rock what KFC is to chicken.”

https://www.stereogum.com/2032902/sl...eres-the-beef/
[Reply]
BWillie 03:17 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:

Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger provided us with some of the juiciest, most unexpected beef of 2017 when he dissed former Roadrunner Records labelmates Slipknot: “How good can your music be if you’ve gotta beat each other up onstage, throw up in your own mask every night?” In response, Slipknot singer Corey Taylor said that Kroeger has “a face like a foot” and that Nickelback “is to rock what KFC is to chicken.”

Just because music becomes popular, doesn't mean it's bad.

Imagine Dragons is an example of that. Overrated? Yeah probably a little. It isn't bad music, though.

That was a pretty good comeback by Kroeger, though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 02-21-2019
That's a funny beef.

I can't stand either band but honestly like Slipknot even less than Nickelback.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:58 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up