ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Cornerbacks 2019
O.city 01:36 PM 02-01-2019
Figure we should have a thread just for this. Who you guys like? Early, mid round, etc.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:06 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm holding out hope for Nasir Adderley in the 1st and a CB in the 2nd.
I’ve said it before, but if we don’t go CB I think it’ll be safety. DB either way.

Adderly would be at the top of my list for sure.
[Reply]
O.city 07:29 PM 02-01-2019
Maybe just me but I am kind of tired of small school cornerbacks

Give be the high end big school guys
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:00 PM 02-01-2019
So I’m wondering how much the metrics change with Spagnuolo running the defense now?

Dorsey/Sutton always targeted 6’0 minimum height, length and a primary skill of being able to play press man. Spagnuolo is more multiple in coverage. Will he and Veach be as stubborn about measurables?

Baker is a good case study here: the dude is 5’10” at best, but he is fluid, smart, and steps up in run defend. This kid has some DAWG to him - I love his game. He lacks physical measurables that would have been non-starters for a Dorsey pick. I’m intetested to see Spagnuolo’s influence in this regard.

Personally, I’d love Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy as the Chiefs 1st round selection - can’t go wrong either route. I also am really intrigued by DE Jaylon Ferguson. I like the safety Adderly, but I’m not entirely sold he will have the impact these others will have.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:15 PM 02-01-2019
Baker is listed 5’11” and it looks accurate IMO

Also, aside from Ward, all 3 of our corners last year were under 6’0”
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 PM 02-01-2019
5”10, 5”11

I don’t care about that. If he’s fluid and athletic and has good ball skills sign me up
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe just me but I am kind of tired of small school cornerbacks

Give be the high end big school guys
Adderley isn't a CB so I'm not sure if you're referencing him. He was at Delaware due to academic issues. He would have played at a power 5 school but just screwed around too much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Baker is listed 5’11” and it looks accurate IMO

Also, aside from Ward, all 3 of our corners last year were under 6’0”
His NFL profile has him at 5'10", 185.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:15 AM 02-02-2019
The NFL Combine 40 times is a big influence of the round where cornerbacks get drafted.

Baker, Mullen, or Murphy would all be good picks for KC.

A CB I did not know about until seeing him in the Senior Bowl is a Topeka kid that played at Washburn University, Corey Ballentine. He won the Cliff Harris Award for best small school defensive player. He is 6-0, 195 and was also a kick returner and has good speed and can mirror wide receivers. If you want to watch him you can watch Senior Bowl practices, Senior Bowl, and there are a lot of Washburn games available to watch. He does make some mistakes but he is a good athlete and can recover from it. I've seen him projected as a 4th round pick which maybe we can get if we end up doing some trades.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:31 AM 02-02-2019
Senior Bowl measurements for Ballentine - height 5113, weight 188, hand 9 2/8, arm 31 7/8, wingspan 76 5/8
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Adderley isn't a CB so I'm not sure if you're referencing him. He was at Delaware due to academic issues. He would have played at a power 5 school but just screwed around too much.
For some reason I feel like safeties from smaller programs transition easier

I just want a corner that’s ready to go that’s not overwhelmed by the jump in competition
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:36 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
For some reason I feel like safeties from smaller programs transition easier

I just want a corner that’s ready to go that’s not overwhelmed by the jump in competition
From the sounds of it, Baker and Murphy are quite pro ready.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:45 AM 02-11-2019
Excited to see these guys test at the combine. Feels like a lot of the corners are being pushed down draft board because of questions about athleticism, but I’m looking at a lot of these guys and I just see gamers. Guys like Baker, Murphy, Amani, etc., they just look and feel like players to me. Especially in the right system.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:32 PM 02-12-2019
I'm all in on Deandre Baker, because he fits Spagnolo's scheme.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:35 PM 02-12-2019
I love Murphy and Baker at 29, but I think the forgotten guy is Mullen. I think he has a great combine and gets back in the conversation.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:54 AM 02-13-2019
I think getting another tall cb alongside Ward might be the way to go when you consider we face those big wr's from the Chargers twice a year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up