ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dee Ford: What next?
pugsnotdrugs19 08:49 AM 01-21-2019
Posting this here because it feels much more likely to be a viable intelligent conversation right now and not a bunch of ‘fuck you fuck him!!!’.....

Alright. So what do you guys think we should do/will do with him now?

I think it’s prisoner of the moment thinking to say they should let him go based on the one play last night. But that doesn’t mean that it is or isn’t the right move necessarily. We’ve also got to consider that this front 4 could be even more lethal with a new DC.

The way I see it, it’s either tag or tag & trade. And I guess for me it would come down to where the cap sits and how much I can get back in said potential trade.

Thoughts?...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:20 AM 01-26-2019
If Houston won’t take a pay cut I’d get rid of him. Not worth the $21M cap hit.

He benefits a lot from having Ford and Jones there, I’m telling ya.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If Houston won’t take a pay cut I’d get rid of him. Not worth the $21M cap hit.

He benefits a lot from having Ford and Jones there, I’m telling ya.
Boy you pretty quickly turn on guys once it’s a chance they aren’t a chief anymore
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:27 AM 01-26-2019
Probably floating it that we might cut him so he'll be more likely to restructure, I guess. Either way, 21 million for him just isn't feasible.
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Probably floating it that we might cut him so he'll be more likely to restructure, I guess. Either way, 21 million for him just isn't feasible.
Yeah, they’ll restructure or cut him but he’s still a really good player that will get a nice deal on the market if he hits it

The chiefs fucked it up with drafting like ass fuck and not having anybody ready to replace him or Ford
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:30 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Boy you pretty quickly turn on guys once it’s a chance they aren’t a chief anymore
Go back and look at a couple threads about Ford from a couple weeks ago, I’ve been saying that for awhile. Houston wasn’t really ever getting double teamed late in the year. It was Ford.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:31 AM 01-26-2019
Yeah, they’ll restructure or cut him but he’s still a really good player that will get a nice deal on the market if he hits it

The chiefs fucked it up with drafting like ass fuck and not having anybody ready to replace him or Ford
Yep. Really don't want to let either of them go when the best window is now and we've got fucking nothing to replace either of them. Goddamnit Dorsey and Veach.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Go back and look at a couple threads about Ford from a couple weeks ago, I’ve been saying that for awhile. Houston wasn’t really ever getting double teamed late in the year. It was Ford.
Ok.

So they may let ford walk or trade him so go ahead and talk down about him now since he may not be a chief next year
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:33 AM 01-26-2019
Personally, with the scheme change I don't think either one of them is worth it considering the cost and Houston's age.

$37M for two pass rushers, one of which is 30 and the other is a one trick pony.

A LOT could be done with that money.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 01-26-2019
Yep. Really don't want to let either of them go when the best window is now and we've got ****ing nothing to replace either of them. Goddamnit Dorsey and Veach.
It’s just hard to get all this shit to line up. Contracts injuries, draft picks etc.

They need this draft to be pretty stellar quickly
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
Personally, with the scheme change I don't think either one of them is worth it considering the cost and Houston's age.

$37M for two pass rushers, one of which is 30 and the other is a one trick pony.

We spent damn near 30 million annually on Watkins and Hitchens. Really don't trust Veach to spend it all that wisely.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:

But you’ve gotta have someone rush the passer next year. You’re gonna have a top notch offense again and teams will be playing catch-up.

I’d rather just stack the defense with good players everywhere and that money could help you do that but that’s a risk
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 01-26-2019
I’m good with Watkins now. It sucks he got hurt (again) but damn he was good against the pats.

But fuck they haven’t gotten much return on any free agents in a while outside of Schwartz
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:37 AM 01-26-2019
Ok.

So they may let ford walk or trade him so go ahead and talk down about him now since he may not be a chief next year
I’m just being real man. Ford is the better pass rusher between the two and he was very valuable with all the leads we had this year. But I’m a game like last week where they are running it most of the time, his impact is mitigated.

Houston is the better overall player but he no longer commands double teams. He’s 30 and expensive for what he gives. Not 2014 Houston at all anymore.

They both feed off of each other in some ways but I’m not sure either is worth their current projected cost, $21M and $15-17M for Ford. They have to figure something out. Would like to keep both.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:37 AM 01-26-2019
We spent damn near 30 million annually on Watkins and Hitchens. Really don't trust Veach to spend it all that wisely.
An argument could be made that Watkins made the offense go.

And I'm firmly in the camp that thinks Hitchens will be a completely different player next year in a 4-3.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:39 AM 01-26-2019
But you’ve gotta have someone rush the passer next year. You’re gonna have a top notch offense again and teams will be playing catch-up.

I’d rather just stack the defense with good players everywhere and that money could help you do that but that’s a risk
No doubt.

Personally, I'd take the risk at finding those players in FA or the draft. To me it's worth the risk to improve the defense as a whole, instead of relying on one-dimensional players who are too easily taken out of a game if we're not two+ scores ahead.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up