ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Mephistopheles Janx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:28 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
He was damn good those movies sand after earth never seen jt. I can literally look at any actor and be like he's playing himself if I tried hard enough lol.
After Earth was a shit movie. Don't watch it. Will was clearly trying to feature his douchey son and didn't give a shit whether the product was worthwhile or not. The small role he played in the film was very different from typical summer blockbuster Will Smith, though, which is why I mentioned it.

I think you're right, which is why I laugh anytime someone says that about Smith. How many times has Denzel played Denzel as some form of cop/detective? Tom Hanks isn't a true thespian. Brad Pitt? Get the fuck outta here.
[Reply]
1claire 06:11 PM 02-17-2019
I really hope that it will be worth it to watch, I am not that impressed with the live action movie of Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. I have also heard that Disney is creating a live action of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:36 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by 1claire:
I really hope that it will be worth it to watch, I am not that impressed with the live action movie of Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. I have also heard that Disney is creating a live action of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Didn't know they made a Cinderlla one. Doubt I'd watch that anyway.

Can't wait for the Lion King though. I'll probably see that in theatres.

The way kids are now w/ Frozen, I was like that w/ Lion King and Aladdin when I was a kid.

It's too bad it's a children's movie...I want to see some real gory NatGeo level lion fights. Or Mufasa ripping legs off of a hyena. Crunch crunch crunch....
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:45 AM 03-12-2019
New trailer.

https://youtu.be/foyufD52aog
[Reply]
DaFace 09:59 AM 03-12-2019
OK, glad to know that he won't be blue the whole time. That looks much less cringeworthy.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:01 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
OK, glad to know that he won't be blue the whole time. That looks much less cringeworthy.
I agree...some people seem mad about that though
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:38 AM 03-12-2019
Looks like a lot of fun. I’m in.
[Reply]
Fish 01:42 PM 03-12-2019
Trailer looks much better. Will Smith's singing sounds a little questionable though...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Trailer looks much better. Will Smith's singing sounds a little questionable though...

Honestly, I thought The Rock’s singing was the worst part of Moana but people ate it up so I’ll give this a chance..

If anything, I’d say Jafar appears to be the weakest aspect of the movie. This dude doesn’t look nearly skeevy enough.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:29 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Honestly, I thought The Rock’s singing was the worst part of Moana but people ate it up so I’ll give this a chance..

If anything, I’d say Jafar appears to be the weakest aspect of the movie. This dude doesn’t look nearly skeevy enough.

I feel the same way about Jafar. His voice especially throws me off. It needs to be more raspy, deep, and sinister.
[Reply]
Fish 08:22 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Rock singing was beyond cringey.

But yeah, Jafar doesn't have that narrow face evil smirk look like he does in the original. When they showed him giving the proposition to go into the cave in the trailer, I initially didn't know who it was.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03-12-2019, 08:59 PM
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
CoMoChief 09:04 PM 03-12-2019
Great...IMDB says Steve the Pirate is doing Iago's voice-over.

Wtf didn't they have Gilbert Gottfried do it? Dumb.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
New trailer.

https://youtu.be/foyufD52aog
And there is STILL no reason for this movie to exist...
[Reply]
DaFace 09:19 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Great...IMDB says Steve the Pirate is doing Iago's voice-over.

Wtf didn't they have Gilbert Gottfried do it? Dumb.
It doesn't need to be exactly the same. And Alan Tudyk is one of the best voiceover actors in the game today.

[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And there is STILL no reason for this movie to exist...
Meh, it looks fun. I'll go see it most likely. My wife loved the original.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up