ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Mephistopheles Janx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:24 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Mulan in the top 5?? Come on. If we limit the discussion to Disney Animation Studios.. I'd take any of Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White, even Dumbo and Bambi were better than fucking Mulan.

I was born in the 80s too.
Lol Bunch of grown ass men talking about their favorite Disney cartoons. I love it.

Mulan is awesome. Shang is a stud, I'll Make a Man Out of You is one of the best songs on the Disney playlist, and Mulan legitimately murders like 500 people in the movie.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:15 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're ****ing stupid.
Sorry that you are a lemming and think he is a good actor because Hollywood wants you to think so.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:51 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Sorry that you are a lemming and think he is a good actor because Hollywood wants you to think so.
Damn all that. I don't even care what you think of his career, his acting or his choice in roles.. you can't fucking say with a straight face he hasn't had a good acting performance since 1996

Have you even seen Pursuit of Happyness?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:04 PM 12-27-2018
Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not. To answer your question... Jim Carrey is an obvious obvious choice. Will Smith is energetic, but this feels as bubble gum pop as you can get.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:50 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not. To answer your question... Jim Carrey is an obvious obvious choice. Will Smith is energetic, but this feels as bubble gum pop as you can get.
How dare you say that Smith is an average actor. You are going to hurt ThaVirus' feelings.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:13 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe will Smith will surprise me. Heath Ledger is actually a good actor. Will Smith is fine for certain types of movies. A bizarrely twisted fireball of energy he is not...
Again, this is the same type of scrutiny Nolan faced after announcing that Ledger was cast.

This is a Disney film, remember that. They likely knew there was no way they'd be able to recapture Williams' quirky magic so they opted for the charismatic star instead.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:44 PM 12-27-2018
i actually really like Will Smith but god.. this looks cringe af
[Reply]
jd1020 09:04 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Smith's last decent acting was the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:40 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but I'd sit down and watch Enemy of the State, The Legend of Bagger Vance, I Am Legend, Hancock, probably even Hitch at any time.
I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:44 PM 12-28-2018
I am tired of the live action remakes.

Just chasing easy money. What happened to keep moving forward?

The only animated movie that should be remade is the Black Cauldron.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:46 PM 12-28-2018
Definitely. I was born in the '80s.

Who really wants to watch Sleeping Beauty? The Sword in the Stone? Lol. Not me.

Though I did love Jungle Book growing up and recently watched Pinocchio on Netflix and it was a damned good flick.
Sleeping Beauty is a classic. Definitely a top ten Disney flick.

The Sword in the Stone is disjointed though.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:41 PM 12-30-2018
How come hes not blue? They should go back and CGI him to be blue - kind of like what they did on GoTG for Zoe Saldana and Michael Rooker.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:46 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**
Shaquille O'Neal as Kazaam comes to my mind
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:48 AM 12-31-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I'm probably going to regret weighing in on this, but here goes. My personal opinion about this...

Will Smith is like Keanu Reeves. Neither is anything to brag about as an actor, but both have an ability to find roles that fit their particular quirks and strengths that surpasses a lot of superior actors.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:11 AM 02-11-2019
A still showing Will Smith as the Genie... and blue.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up