ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
Mephistopheles Janx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:58 AM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Will Smith just doesn't even have the comedic depth to touch Robin Williams' ad-lib portrayal of the Genie. This is going to suck, but hard.

First, dismantle the magic of Star Wars. Second, piss on every beloved animated movie you've ever put out. Christ, Disney.
1) I mean, who does have the "comedic depth" to replace a guy like Robin Williams?

2) Disney didn't acquire the rights to Star Wars until long after the prequel trilogy was released. The magic of SWs was dismantled long before Disney got involved.

3) These "live-action" remakes of Disney animated classics have pretty much been universally liked.

Some of you guys just love to complain.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:31 AM 12-22-2018
EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:01 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
EVERYONE'S SLEEPING ON EMPERORS NEW GROOVE
Great little flick!
[Reply]
Bowser 04:40 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
1) I mean, who does have the "comedic depth" to replace a guy like Robin Williams?

2) Disney didn't acquire the rights to Star Wars until long after the prequel trilogy was released. The magic of SWs was dismantled long before Disney got involved.

3) These "live-action" remakes of Disney animated classics have pretty much been universally liked.

Some of you guys just love to complain.
1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've fucked the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO
[Reply]
DaFace 04:41 PM 12-22-2018
I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:44 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I can't fully express my surprise that a forum full of middle-aged dudes isn't excited about a kids movie.
I feel like you're not trying to even hide how un-subtly you're throwing a jab here.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:08 PM 12-22-2018
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**
[Reply]
penguinz 05:15 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When I heard Smith was going to be the genie I immediately thought it was perfect **shrugs**
Smith's last decent acting was the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:54 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Smith's last decent acting was the last episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:56 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
1) Then why even attempt it? I like Will Smith is the majority of stuff he does, but this is just a bad idea.

2) Doesn't matter when they got them, they've fucked the Skywalker saga up six ways to Sunday.

3) Granted, I haven't seen many if any of them, and I'm actually looking forward to Lion King, but this idea isn't a winner.

Complain? Yeah, but this falls back for me on the last decade plus of watching classics get remade or rebooted. I like new stuff, and I especially don't like classics being remade poorly just for seemingly a money grab. JMO
Why not? What did you think when you heard Nolan had cast Heath Ledger as the Joker? Be honest..

And, I feel you. I think everyone likes originality, but it's not the studio's fault people eat up the remakes and reboots. They've already got a large target audience vested in seeing the new take. If you don't like it then you've got to stop watching them and start supporting the originals. Movies like Valerian: City of a Thousand Planets and Mortal Engines are risky.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:50 PM 12-24-2018
Wow. I mean, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds. He was nominated for an Oscar for Ali.

This is just a truly horrendous take. My God, man. Log out.
Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:23 PM 12-24-2018
You're sick. Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast have to be in your top 5 Disney classics.

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan
5. [too many options here]

I just googled Disney animated classics and that list is ****ing insane. Of course you've the obvious big names but then even the smaller names that you might have forgotten like Lady and the Tramp, Oliver and Company, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the Great Mouse Detective, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Your 'classics' are slanted far too much into the recent past, IMO. And someone making a list of Disney's best and having Mulan being in the top 5 may just be the definition of batshit crazy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:37 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Toms of movies get nominated that are not good movies. He is not a good actor.
You're fucking stupid.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:39 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Your 'classics' are slanted far too much into the recent past, IMO. And someone making a list of Disney's best and having Mulan being in the top 5 may just be the definition of batshit crazy.
Definitely. I was born in the '80s.

Who really wants to watch Sleeping Beauty? The Sword in the Stone? Lol. Not me.

Though I did love Jungle Book growing up and recently watched Pinocchio on Netflix and it was a damned good flick.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 04:12 PM 12-24-2018
You're sick. Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast have to be in your top 5 Disney classics.

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast
4. Mulan
5. [too many options here]

I just googled Disney animated classics and that list is fucking insane. Of course you've the obvious big names but then even the smaller names that you might have forgotten like Lady and the Tramp, Oliver and Company, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the Great Mouse Detective, the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Mulan in the top 5?? Come on. If we limit the discussion to Disney Animation Studios.. I'd take any of Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp, Peter Pan, 101 Dalmations, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White, even Dumbo and Bambi were better than fucking Mulan.

I was born in the 80s too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up