ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 48
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 02-18-2019
From the latest MSW podcast

• Rian Johnson was originally going to release his first film in his trilogy before Benioff and Weiss. They think the shake-up behind the scenes after the ‘Solo’ flopped changed things.

• Heard Rian’s trilogy is being made for a younger audience. G Rated.

• Disney is getting ready to hit the ground running with the Benioff and Weiss films.

• Doesn’t know if the FanthaTracks trailer rumour is true. Jason retweeting the rumour isn’t him backing it up but he does believe FanthaTracks to be a reliable source. They’ve heard nothing other than what they’ve already reported on.

• Talks about Rey’s hair being similar to TFA due to scenes with Leia. Thinks there was a scene cut from TFA that had Rey and Leia having a conversation. He says it’s before she goes off with Han Solo but I’m assuming he means she goes off to Luke because obviously by the time Leia is reintroduced in TFA, Rey has been captured.

• Adam was definitely in Jordan to take pictures for a certain magazine that covers Star Wars films (EW, Empire or Vanity Fair I assume).

• Thinks Rey figures out the MacGuffin then everybody else does and they all end up in Jordan. Good guys and bad guys. Unsure if Lando was part of the sequences.

• Got hard confirmation that Rey has put the Skywalker lightsaber back together. You can definitely tell it’s been put back together. Says he’ll share more information soon.

• Knights Of Ren’s weapons are way more elaborate than the ones they had in TFA. Says they’re very cool and will share more information soon.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:12 PM 02-18-2019
Yeah, I didn't understand why they tore Luke's blue saber in half, especially after the scene in TFA where Maz Kanata makes a big deal of how the lightsaber "called out to Rey". (I didn't understand most of that movie, but that's another issue)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:15 PM 02-18-2019
Why not? Perfect visual metaphor for Kylo and Rey falling out.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:55 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why not? Perfect visual metaphor for Kylo and Rey falling out.
Just felt incomplete to me in that moment, or maybe rather "off". Does that mean the saber called to Kylo, too? What's really going on here?

It's kind of like Snoke getting shish kabob'd by Kylo - why do that, especially in that point of the trilogy?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:19 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just felt incomplete to me in that moment, or maybe rather "off". Does that mean the saber called to Kylo, too? What's really going on here?

It's kind of like Snoke getting shish kabob'd by Kylo - why do that, especially in that point of the trilogy?
To take it in a different direction.

To answer the question: what if Vader had overthrown the Emperor?

Absolutely great plot twist. Rian Johnson is a visionary director. He thinks outside the box to bring us new, fresh ideas that take cinema into a bold, if shocking light.

Some have been blinded.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:23 PM 02-18-2019
All the internet pimping in the world isn't going to save this flop.

Man the cannons and sink that bitch!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 PM 02-18-2019
we know you don't like star wars anymore

maybe just leave the thread to those who do
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:47 PM 02-18-2019
I like Star Wars just fine.

It's new overlords and apologists are what I don't like. And much like Alex, Imma' kick back and watch THIS train wreck too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:36 PM 02-28-2019
"I'm not going to be in the theater to see Episode IX!!!"

"Ohhhh...You will be."

"You will be."

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:34 PM 02-28-2019
Can we watch the Motley Crue Netflix trailer instead? (Asking for a friend)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:39 PM 02-28-2019
Great trailer, actually.

But, Topher Grace on edit??
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:44 PM 02-28-2019
Topher Grace is a huge Star Wars fan.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:47 PM 02-28-2019
The animatronics in the new Star Wars theme park are going to be INSANE.

I can't wait to go.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:55 PM 02-28-2019
omfgeeeeeeeeee

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-ma...s-galaxys-edge

The main attractions

Originally Posted by :
Galaxy’s Edge is anchored by two main attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which promise to deliver on some major Star Wars fantasy fulfillment. In Smugglers Run, you’ll find yourself in the cockpit of Han Solo’s iconic ship with a crew of up to five friends — two pilots, two gunners, and two engineers. You will fly it, fire its cannons, and manage its controls. “It’s a completely interactive experience,” Trowbridge said. “So if you don’t fire and hit that TIE fighter that’s coming after you, it may get some shots and create some damage on the ship that then you have to fix. If you don’t fly right, you smash into a wall. You’re truly in control of what happens on your mission.”

Originally Posted by :
Rise of the Resistance offers a different kind of Star Wars playtime fantasy turned reality: captured and brought behind enemy lines. As new Resistance recruits, you head out on a mission, only to have your shuttle caught in a tractor beam. Soon, you find yourself inside a First Order Star Destroyer. Without giving too much away, I’ll say that the journey from the entrance to the ride location is seamless, and the hangar of the Star Destroyer is downright huge. BB-8 is featured in the attraction, and Rey, Finn, and Poe all make appearances, with Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Oscar Isaac reprising their roles, respectively. You’ll also come face to face with Kylo Ren. Even outside Rise of the Resistance, there are surprises, including life-size recreations of Poe Dameron’s X-wing and an A-wing.

Originally Posted by :
While Black Spire Outpost is new, making a Star Wars-themed land requires a mix of recognizable elements. Paul Bailey, show systems engineer at Walt Disney Imagineering, has a favorite. “The laser bolt traveling through mid-air, that’s a uniquely Star Wars thing,” he said. “We had to bring that to the real world.” Bailey would not reveal their techniques, but based on a video shown, it looks like they did it. That’s right: pew-pew is now real.

Visuals only do so much in making Black Spire Outpost real, however. There’s also the issue of sound.

John Williams, who composed the saga’s unforgettable scores, has written new compositions for the land, which will play during cinematic moments in Smugglers Run and Rise of the Resistance. And the land promises to be filled with alien languages, sound effects, and the pop music of Batuu

[Reply]
007 02:48 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
omfgeeeeeeeeee

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-ma...s-galaxys-edge

The main attractions

That will be my final visit to Disneyworld when we go in 2021. At least my last until we have grandkids.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 48
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up