ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Media Center>The Punisher (Netflix series)
Fire Me Boy! 07:06 AM 10-04-2016
The Punisher Netflix Series Begins Filming

http://screenrant.com/the-punisher-n...B-P&view=lista

Originally Posted by :
Netflix and Marvel recently launched Luke Cage, which hit the streaming service just a few days ago, but the collaboration has bigger plans on the horizon. Next year will kick off with the premiere of Iron Fist before all the street-level heroes of New York team up in The Defenders. That means Netflix has a full slate of projects headed its way from the MCU, but it won’t stop there. The service has new seasons of both Daredevil and Jessica Jones coming soon, and it will also welcome perhaps the grittiest of all the heroes to the neighborhood when The Punisher gets his own solo series.

Given the response from the character’s debut in Daredevil season 2, the series has been on the fast track, going from speculation to confirmation in a remarkably short amount of time. And if a new batch of set photos are any indication, it seems that production on the series has officially gotten underway in New York.

More at the link.

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:58 PM 11-20-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 11-21-2017, 04:07 AM
This message has been deleted by 007.
Tribal Warfare 09:59 PM 11-21-2017
1st Marvel Netflix series without a Rosario Dawson cameo.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:06 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I thought it fizzled out late. Expected the finale to end more like The Wire's finales used to. Dark and setting up the future. Actually too clean and happy an ending for my taste.
Not there yet.

I will admit that when one character seemed to become a right wing stereotype I was pissed. Then they came in with the same stereotype for the opposite side. It wasn't about pushing a message but pointing out the bad on both.

I keep being impressed by the Marvel/Netflix combo and I'm sad it's going to end...
[Reply]
007 11:30 PM 11-21-2017
Seems so odd that a series like this will be on a Disney streaming network.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:26 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
Seems so odd that a series like this will be on a Disney streaming network.
It won't be.

Netflix retains all rights to their existing and current shows under the Marvel banner.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:36 AM 11-22-2017
I just got through ep 5. This shit is fucking HEAVY.

You almost have to be in a mood to watch it.

It doesn’t pull many punches in the development of the story.

Spoiler!

Production and execution of this thing is remarkable. There isn’t a single point in which I’m taken out of it. Initially the Homeland people did but they’re on point. Shot is fucking good.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:51 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I just got through ep 5. This shit is ****ing HEAVY.

You almost have to be in a mood to watch it.

It doesn’t pull many punches in the development of the story.
The point wasn't to get you to agree with the Punisher - it was always to get you to see how wrong things are.

The whole point is that a Punisher could exist. It could happen.

Why?...
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:00 AM 11-22-2017
Through Episode 5.

This show is amazing. Loving it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:15 AM 11-22-2017
It's a really well done show. My biggest challenge with it though (besides all the grunting) is The Punisher's resemblance to our goofy local sports guy on WGN morning news, Pat Tomasulo. He's the anti-Punisher. They recently did a feature on him overcoming his childhood fears by going back to Disney and riding on the ride he pooped his pants on as a kid. It put a dent in my enjoyability of the show.

[Reply]
DanBecky 10:22 AM 11-22-2017
I will say, Frank Castle has Wolverine-like regeneration abilities.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:48 AM 11-22-2017
Watched a bit with my son. Too dark for a comic book show. Turned it to Archer.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:35 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
The source material is certainly not for kids.

I am hoping we get Barracuda or the Vigilante Squad next season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It won't be.

Netflix retains all rights to their existing and current shows under the Marvel banner.
for how long?

i thought all Disney content was gone Dec. 31st 2018?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:32 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
no way should kids be watching this show. It's not just violence, the gore etc. it's just full of bad people doing bad things to good people.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:35 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
for how long?

i thought all Disney content was gone Dec. 31st 2018?
It's not Disney content. It's Netflix content. Made with ABC studios in most cases if I remember right, not Disney.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up