ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>The Dirt - Motley Crue Netflix movie
Coochie liquor 01:44 PM 02-19-2019
This looks pretty bad ass. Not sure how they’re gonna fit it all in a movie but I’m in.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:23 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My buddy wants me to go see Vince Neil with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony this summer, and from what he said tickets basically start around $100

Had to say no way at those prices, they're being a bit greedy... anyone seen Vince lately?

Dudes out there with a belly overlapping his belt and barely even trying these days
its $100 to see anyone with a national following now. They don’t make money anymore with the sale of their music so it’s the bands main source of revenue.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:47 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its $100 to see anyone with a national following now. They don’t make money anymore with the sale of their music so it’s the bands main source of revenue.
That’s what over the hill nostalgia artists/bands charge to their fans with more money than common sense.

I paid $75 for 3rd row Starlight seats recently for a band on top of their game (The National).
[Reply]
vailpass 06:45 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A work bud gave me his log in info this morning, watched it an hour ago

So entertaining on a visceral level that it overcomes the small budget... it was damn good stuff that could've been better

Kelly straight up nailed goofy Tommy
Nikki was passable, he had some solid acting moments
Vince had all the moves down pretty cold, but he was by far the weakest actor
And then of course Ramsey Bolton steals the entire show, Bob Deal is the uncontested guts of that band... Mick totally steals the show

While it could've been better with more money behind it, this fast moving saga gives you just enough honest grit to make you buy in

3 and a half of 5 stars
I align pretty closely with this.
I’ll add:

The first half was really fun, the second half got pretty dark (still good).
The Ozzie part was sofa king funny.
I played this thing loud. Music was great.
Thought the end where they showed pictures of the real band and the movie cast was cool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

Also, anyone who pays for a Crue show in 2019 is a fool who deserves to be parted from their money.
Thats a little harsh. Sure these guys arnt exactly at the top of their game anymore, but they put on a decent enough show. Its fun for fans to relive their youth and nostalgia factor.

These bands know the majority of fans are 40-50ish who have money to burn.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:41 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I align pretty closely with this.
I’ll add:

Thought the end where they showed pictures of the real band and the movie cast was cool.
I couldn't stop pausing on them, it was exactly what I needed on a Friday night
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:54 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Those guys can cry me a river

If $100 is the starting point they can get bent
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:54 PM 03-30-2019
I saw Crüe on the Dr. Feelgood tour. Tommy's solo had a track that sent him spinning over the crowd. It was pretty amazing from a layman's fan perspective. But Mick Mars had a solo that was at a length where you could take a shit, get a couple of beers and come back to your seats and he'd still be going.
I'm a guitar player and it was painful to watch. He did nothing that warranted a solo and played a mirrored telecaster that would blind the crowd when the lights hit it.
I could understand Eddie VH or George Lynch having a solo, but Mick?
What was worse is I got dragged to a Poison concert and C.C. DeVille did the same thing as Mick. C.C. DeVille can't play his way out of a paper bag.
The movie was cheesy and vapid but I enjoyed the nostalgic part of it. 3/5.
Nostalgia is the reason why Return Of the Jedi still get's a 5/5 in my books.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 AM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
That’s what over the hill nostalgia artists/bands charge to their fans with more money than common sense.

I paid $75 for 3rd row Starlight seats recently for a band on top of their game (The National).
uhhh which type of band were we discussing?:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up