ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mel Kiper Mock
O.city 12:40 PM 02-19-2019

Mel Kiper Jr. says S Johnathan Abram is one of the best 15-20 pure football players in this draft.

He’s projecting the Chiefs to draft Abram, who he calls NFL ready, in the first round.

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) February 19, 2019

He has us taking Abram in the first.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:53 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
1. Abram
2. Gardner-Johnson (a lot of Ron Parker here....before he turned shitty)
3. Adderley
4. Rapp
5. Hooker
6. Thompson
7. Savage

This is where I have 'em right now
Funny you mention Parker; that's who I kinda see in Gardner-Johnson as well. Like you said, the good version of Parker who was a willing tackler, just not very good at it.

There's such a big difference between the player Parker was (a guy who would try to hit guys and slow them down rather than bring them down) and the player Parker became (a guy who wasn't even willing to try to hit them and let blockers/ballcarriers dictate the play).

It's a Peters v. Nelson thing. Peters just wouldn't try, Nelson would try and sometimes fail. But the try/fail thing at least slows the ballcarrier down and makes him start reacting rather than pushing the play himself. It makes the guy cognizent that a hit MIGHT be coming from over there. It's just a big big difference.

I don't mind some of my secondary players being mediocre to poor tacklers here and there, but what I do mind is them being unwilling tacklers. CGJ is a willing tackler, he's just not always great at it. I can live with that provided that he's the asset in coverage that I think he'll become.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:20 AM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Funny you mention Parker; that's who I kinda see in Gardner-Johnson as well. Like you said, the good version of Parker who was a willing tackler, just not very good at it.

There's such a big difference between the player Parker was (a guy who would try to hit guys and slow them down rather than bring them down) and the player Parker became (a guy who wasn't even willing to try to hit them and let blockers/ballcarriers dictate the play).

It's a Peters v. Nelson thing. Peters just wouldn't try, Nelson would try and sometimes fail. But the try/fail thing at least slows the ballcarrier down and makes him start reacting rather than pushing the play himself. It makes the guy cognizent that a hit MIGHT be coming from over there. It's just a big big difference.

I don't mind some of my secondary players being mediocre to poor tacklers here and there, but what I do mind is them being unwilling tacklers. CGJ is a willing tackler, he's just not always great at it. I can live with that provided that he's the asset in coverage that I think he'll become.
I give CGJ a bit of a pass because his prior staff was a total abortion and I saw improvement in 2018. Can't be stated nearly enough how bad shark fucker was.

I think he can be a solid long term player in the secondary.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up