ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>State of the Chiefs drafting going forward
O.city 09:43 AM 02-07-2019
I think we need to reset our calculus for the Chiefs drafting first rounders going forward. We can all agree they're going to be or atleast should be barring any unforeseen issues, pretty good for a while. They're going to be drafting late in the first for a while.

Sure there is always the option to trade up, but usually, when you're good you have good players. Good players tend to get big contracts so the Chiefs aren't going to be able to pay everyone. The Draft is going to become super important, even moreso than in the past at replacing good talent.

Drafting at the back end of the first is, or atleast seems to me to be, different than even in the teens in terms of the player you're going to get.

They aren't going to grab many blue chippers that late and there will be some flawed players. Not to say bad players, but guys that need development etc.

I think we need to re look at how we eval these guys that are going to go late for the Chiefs. In my Devin Bush thread, we discussed not taking him in the first because he's 5"11. That's not ideal, sure, but it's (IMO) not a nonstarter.

So lets discuss this a bit in this thread. How do we need to change what we're looking for?
[Reply]
Chargem 04:32 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mr Hammock:
If Jacobs drops that far then I think he would be in play at #29. I don't think he makes it that far though. Many people have him mocked to the Buccaneers at #5... While that might be a bit eager... He probably won't make it out of the top 15.
I would be surprised if anyone but MJD mocked Jacobs to the Buccs at #5, and that guys draft was ridiculously bad.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up