ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Charles Omenihu + Kris Boyd (other Longhorns in East/West + Senior Bowl)
ntexascardfan 04:22 PM 01-22-2019
I'm a Longhorns fan and we've largely had success drafting Longhorns...so I figured I'd bring some thoughts I've had myself as well as gathered from following some scouts/agents on twitter and other places. For the record, of the guys I've listed below, I'd love to take a 5-6 round pick on Gary Johnson.

Keep an eye out for Omehinu at Senior Bowl practices this week.

His measurables today were off the chart.

He played at largely a 3-tech in the Longhorns 3-4 scheme, but could be a monster at the 5-tech (where it's easier to use his length to an advantage) in a 4-3 front (if we move that way).

Kris Boyd is also playing in the senior bowl and his stock has been up and down this season as he hasn't performed as well as you'd like against top talent. However, he did shut down Ridley in the Sugar Bowl.

He'll measure out well as he is a big corner, but it'll be interesting to see how he fairs in a week of practice. As a Longhorns fan I'm not a big fan of him in the first, but could be alright with him with one of our picks in the second.

Chris Nelson has a bit of Poona Ford in him. He's a shorter DT, but has a motor for days and a nack for getting in the backfield as a DT. He was one of the top performers at the East/West game last week. He's another guy that could be an interesting late round pick.

Gary Johnson is probably my favorite Longhorn in the draft. He's a bit shorter and will probably measure in around 6 foot, but he has a nose for the football and can play sideline to sideline as well as hunt in the backfield as an ILB. With the way college concepts are starting to come into the league I think he is one of those guys that goes undrafted 4-5 years ago, but could be a bargain late round pick who contributes for a long time.
[Reply]
Up