ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>#1 priority has to be run defense
RunKC 09:59 AM 01-21-2019
The blueprint is out on this team. Run the ball; keep Mahomes on the sidelines to throw off his rythym.

Ravens implemented it, Patriots implemented that plan twice and the Seahawks did it as well. You can be for damn sure every opponent we play next will will try to implement that plan.

I get that our pass defense isn’t great, but we got dominated in TOP last night and had three INT’s on Brady (one obviously didn’t count). We started stopping the run and Brady stalled most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Bottom line is we can’t allow teams to just run at will on us to consume 5+ minute drives like the Patriots opening drive.

Reggie Ragland and Allen Bailey’s replacement have got to be this team’s priority bc they are both not good enough.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:14 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The blueprint is out on this team. Run the ball; keep Mahomes on the sidelines to throw off his rythym.

Ravens implemented it, Patriots implemented that plan twice and the Seahawks did it as well. You can be for damn sure every opponent we play next will will try to implement that plan.

I get that our pass defense isn’t great, but we got dominated in TOP last night and had three INT’s on Brady (one obviously didn’t count). We started stopping the run and Brady stalled most of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Bottom line is we can’t allow teams to just run at will on us to consume 5+ minute drives like the Patriots opening drive.

Reggie Ragland and Allen Bailey’s replacement have got to be this team’s priority bc they are both not good enough.

Yeah, the shit of it is that Reid et. al. should have known it was coming. They pounded the fuck out of the Chargers. How in the holy motherfuck did it take halftime adjustments to stop the run?

Personnel changes should be made on a value basis - we need productive players compared to their cap hit. We need to not sell out for players that only stop the run.

We did well enough when we actually fucking gameplan for it.

Seems to me the problems we faced were coaching centric.
[Reply]
Up