ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dee Ford: What next?
pugsnotdrugs19 08:49 AM 01-21-2019
Posting this here because it feels much more likely to be a viable intelligent conversation right now and not a bunch of ‘fuck you fuck him!!!’.....

Alright. So what do you guys think we should do/will do with him now?

I think it’s prisoner of the moment thinking to say they should let him go based on the one play last night. But that doesn’t mean that it is or isn’t the right move necessarily. We’ve also got to consider that this front 4 could be even more lethal with a new DC.

The way I see it, it’s either tag or tag & trade. And I guess for me it would come down to where the cap sits and how much I can get back in said potential trade.

Thoughts?...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:40 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
An argument could be made that Watkins made the offense go.

And I'm firmly in the camp that thinks Hitchens will be a completely different player next year in a 4-3.
That's fine, but 16 million? Yeesh, I hope he learned how to negotiate better.

Hitchens is an unknown. He was alright in Dallas as long as he had competence next to him. Maybe Spagnuolo and his aggressive tendencies will help Hitchens, because whatever that geriatric dumbfuck Sutton had him doing wasn't working.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
No doubt.

Personally, I'd take the risk at finding those players in FA or the draft. To me it's worth the risk to improve the defense as a whole, instead of relying on one-dimensional players who are too easily taken out of a game if we're not two+ scores ahead.
My issue with Houston leaving is that we’ve seen he can really help against the run as well. The only issue with him is the money

If you can improve the rest of the d around them I’d like to keep them but that’s just damn tough with not much money.

We haven’t even got into how fucker their getting with Berry but there’s not much reason too
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:53 AM 01-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mellinger thinks they’ll try and restructure with Houston

We’ll see. Either way, it’s not ideal to have all this in this offseason. They’re now in their 2 year window where they’ve gotta push but they can’t because of some of these contracts

I’d say you’ve gotta make some tough decisions or frankly, they need to get lucky
I'd rather have Houston than Ford but I understand you can't pay Houston that kind of jack.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's fine, but 16 million? Yeesh, I hope he learned how to negotiate better.

Hitchens is an unknown. He was alright in Dallas as long as he had competence next to him. Maybe Spagnuolo and his aggressive tendencies will help Hitchens, because whatever that geriatric dumbfuck Sutton had him doing wasn't working.
Watkins was getting that money. I think Dallas actually offered more but our gurantee was higher.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up