ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you believe this team and win @Bal & @NE?
Yes 148 70.81%
No 61 29.19%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you believe this team can win @Bal AND @NE in January?
staylor26 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel confident in this team to get to the SB as the 3/4 seed?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

via Gfycat

Heres an example of what I'm talking about. Where you goin Pat?
Gotta watch that throw from the sort of off-angle view from behind him.

The ball takes a few rotations out of his hand and then just comes apart. I think it slipped a little bit and in so doing, the ballistic coefficient just fell to hell (no longer spinning along its axis perfectly) and the wind just destroyed it.

If he doesn't lose his grip, he probably completes it because Watkins had a ton of room behind him to go get that ball if Mahomes is able to launch it out there. And if the wind isn't swirling, the poor grip may not have killed it as badly and he may have STILL completed it.

That play wasn't as bad as it seemed. As I was watching it unfold and saw Watkins, I thought we were about to get another Mahomes highlight because Sammy was essentially standing directly in front of our seats there. But then the ball just died. It was the kind of play Mahomes generally makes and our jaws drop.

It just didn't work that time.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gotta watch that throw from the sort of off-angle view from behind him.

The ball takes a few rotations out of his hand and then just comes apart. I think it slipped a little bit and in so doing, the ballistic coefficient just fell to hell (no longer spinning along its axis perfectly) and the wind just destroyed it.

If he doesn't lose his grip, he probably completes it because Watkins had a ton of room behind him to go get that ball if Mahomes is able to launch it out there. And if the wind isn't swirling, the poor grip may not have killed it as badly and he may have STILL completed it.

That play wasn't as bad as it seemed. As I was watching it unfold and saw Watkins, I thought we were about to get another Mahomes highlight because Sammy was essentially standing directly in front of our seats there. But then the ball just died. It was the kind of play Mahomes generally makes and our jaws drop.

It just didn't work that time.
See, I don't really care about that part. In the wind on the run, shit happens.

But why is he rolling out there? Stand in the pocket and throw it on platform to Sammy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 12-03-2019
It's another play where Fisher gets a pressure that wasn't on him. Pat keeps drifting backwards.

Step up and stand in the pocket.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 12-03-2019

via Gfycat

Heres one where he throws a perfect dime in the redzone and Kelce.....well does whatever that is.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 12-03-2019
Pat is throwing off one leg falling back as he’s throwing. Pat has a damned good arm but even he can’t beat weather conditions like that without proper technique.

I know a defender was coming in on him for the hit, but he needs to try to plant both feet and drive the ball on those.

He’ll learn
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:57 AM 12-03-2019

via Gfycat

Heres one where he throws a perfect dime in the redzone and Kelce.....well does whatever that is.
It happens. Players aren’t perfect every time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 12-03-2019

But why is he rolling out there? Stand in the pocket and throw it on platform to Sammy.
Now let's remember who we're dealing with on this one.

Patrick Mahomes truly does that 4D chess shit out there. There's at least a fair chance here that Mahomes is rolling out to change a throwing lane. He does it a lot.

Watkins was open on that play precisely because Mahomes rolled right. It drew the defenders across the field to follow him. If he stays in the pocket, the coverage wouldn't have broken down the way it did.

Gotta take the good with the bad there. Sometimes I agree - he flushes early. But sometimes I think he does it precisely to break down the secondary and create something from nothing. If his guys were blanketed downfield, he may have just been trying to force guys of their spots by shifting throwing angles.

To borrow from a truly terrible movie, he's Pike from the A-Team shooting a bazooka into the side of a boat. When the other guy's plan seems to be working and you don't have a perfect answer, you just blow everything to hell to create chaos and see who improvises better. I'd take Mahomes in that contest every time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 12-03-2019

Y'know what kinda bothers me as I watch it, though?

That play failed. Hill is nowhere to be found, Kelce is bracketed and Williams got smoked coming through the line. I think Mahomes looks up, sees the play has fallen apart and starts to roll right to buy time for something else to develop - basic scramble drill stuff.

But....what exactly IS Watkins doing there? I mean, maybe they just coach differently when Mahomes is your quarterback, but Watkins kinda copped a squat at the 40 in between the hash and the sideline. He saw Mahomes rolling away and did nothing.

Now maybe the staff has told them to do that. Mahomes likes trying that on occasion and nobody is expecting it. If Mahomes executes a throw with a 10.0 degree of difficulty, you can see why they'd have Watkins stay on the backside. But as a general rule, shouldn't Watkins have been working back towards Mahomes there?

I dunno. Maybe I'm just trying to be hard on him.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:16 AM 12-03-2019
It's not wrong, either.

But it's also worth pointing out that 'Off Mahomes' is still as good as anyone in the game. And buying into that theory kinda requires that we ignore what he did against TN - he was a monster in that game.

Eh, we'll see. I agree he's looked more like a mere Hall of Fame contender rather than the guy we should probably just erect a completely new building for. I was looking forward to the grand opening of the Hall of Mahomes across the street in Canton.

We may just want to hold off on scheduling the ribbon cutting ceremony just yet.
The Chiefs played on a shitty Mexican field at over a mile above sea level and then to Arrowhead in 30 mph winds.

CP - yeah Mahomes is Off. :-)

Mahomes should have had 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD against the Faders. Yep, it is his fault Kelce let it go between his hands, and the refs called a phantom holding penalty to take a TD off the board- then we had a huge lead and let our running game salt the minutes off the clock.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:20 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
With the holy trinity of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, all things are possible. I believe, and so should you. Let me show you my pamphlet.
:-)

Great to see some positive posts around here. We whip the Faders ass and it is nothing but doom and gloom. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 12-03-2019
Now let's remember who we're dealing with on this one.

Patrick Mahomes truly does that 4D chess shit out there. There's at least a fair chance here that Mahomes is rolling out to change a throwing lane. He does it a lot.

Watkins was open on that play precisely because Mahomes rolled right. It drew the defenders across the field to follow him. If he stays in the pocket, the coverage wouldn't have broken down the way it did.

Gotta take the good with the bad there. Sometimes I agree - he flushes early. But sometimes I think he does it precisely to break down the secondary and create something from nothing. If his guys were blanketed downfield, he may have just been trying to force guys of their spots by shifting throwing angles.

To borrow from a truly terrible movie, he's Pike from the A-Team shooting a bazooka into the side of a boat. When the other guy's plan seems to be working and you don't have a perfect answer, you just blow everything to hell to create chaos and see who improvises better. I'd take Mahomes in that contest every time.
Yeah, I don't really care for it.

In that situation, stand in the pocket and let guys move around. You can't really see downfield early so I don't know what was happening, but I just can't get on board with leaving clean pockets.

And I like the A-Team. If it's on, i'm watching it.
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:27 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
With the holy trinity of Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce, all things are possible. I believe, and so should you. Let me show you my pamphlet.
:-)

#Winner

/end of thread
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Chiefs played on a shitty Mexican field at over a mile above sea level and then to Arrowhead in 30 mph winds.

CP - yeah Mahomes is Off. :-)

Mahomes should have had 3 passing TD's and a rushing TD against the Faders. Yep, it is his fault Kelce let it go between his hands, and the refs called a phantom holding penalty to take a TD off the board- then we had a huge lead and let our running game salt the minutes off the clock.

The Kelce drop turned into the Williams touchdown anyway.

Like I said, there are reasons to toss the results out. The last two games have been in tough conditions and the Titans game was excellent.

But I don't think you want to just hand-waive anything. And to say that he's not playing to the 50 TD, 5,000 yard level he was last year isn't unfair either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 12-03-2019
Yeah, I don't really care for it.

In that situation, stand in the pocket and let guys move around. You can't really see downfield early so I don't know what was happening, but I just can't get on board with leaving clean pockets.

And I like the A-Team. If it's on, i'm watching it.
Again, that's simply not how he'll ever be wired. And frankly, he's not Big Ben who can just stand in the maelstrom looking over guys while bodies bounce off him.

His ability to throw on the move from any angle is probably his greatest asset and the thing that makes him most difficult to defend. You can't convince me that it's a good idea to remove that. His improvisational ability is amplified by those scramble drills. And if he's just standing in the pocket, those don't happen nearly as often.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 12-03-2019
Again, that's simply not how he'll ever be wired. And frankly, he's not Big Ben who can just stand in the maelstrom looking over guys while bodies bounce off him.

His ability to throw on the move from any angle is probably his greatest asset and the thing that makes him most difficult to defend. You can't convince me that it's a good idea to remove that. His improvisational ability is amplified by those scramble drills. And if he's just standing in the pocket, those don't happen nearly as often.
I don't think you can make a living off those things. It's like Lamar and his rushing. As a QB, that can't be where you make your hay.

Throwing on time within the offense from the pocket, in structure first and foremost. That's where he's gotta make the $. If it's not there, sure, leave.

Maybe it wasn't there on this one and he just left, I dunno can't see it that well.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up