ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you believe this team and win @Bal & @NE?
Yes 148 70.81%
No 61 29.19%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you believe this team can win @Bal AND @NE in January?
staylor26 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel confident in this team to get to the SB as the 3/4 seed?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:15 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I'm going emphasize the need to get Hardman involved in this offense and bench Watkins. Hardman paired with the Cheetah we are unstoppable because they can't match us and that leaves Kelce match ups even better. I'm so flustered that they trot out Watkins and not give Hardman the experience he needs for our success on the field.
I'm good with how Hardman is used as a receiver. But we really need to use him a ton more in DATs role. Lot more jet sweeps, underneath routes. We've got to do a much much better job getting our fast guys underneath the coverages and it doesn't take a huge route tree to do that.

I don't know what the hell is up with Watkins. But if he's not 100% I'd rather slide Pringle in there.
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 12-03-2019
Hardman can't get off press coverage and right now can run 1 or 2 routes on the tree. He's a gadget player at this point, which is fine, but they need Sammy to not suck.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:18 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem is that Hardman simply can't be trusted to know the route tree at this point.

Mahomes has such a great grasp of this offense that he KNOWS where guys are supposed to be and he's gonna throw to that spot expecting them to be there. Meanwhile, by most accounts, it's virtually impossible for a rookie to absorb the playbook in a single season and Hardman is green even for a rookie given his lack of development at UGA.

Hardman was always a long-game guy; a ceiling over floor pick. Had they gone with McLaurin I would say that's a viable option. But I just don't see how you can put someone like Hardman out there as a starter. It's not because he may not be as effective as Watkins (he almost certainly would be), it's because the plays in-between could be far more disastrous.

A QB throwing to 1 spot when the WR runs to another is how pick 6s happen in the post-season. I just can't talk myself into starting Hardman despite how tired I am of seeing Watkins.

That said...you could probably convince me to start Pringle. 2nd year in the system, gets plenty of practice reps, has a physical style similar to Sammy so he could be used in the same ways.

I'm just !@#$ing done with Sammy Watkins, man.

I am curious if anyone has watched the All-22 to see if Watkins is getting open or if the OL just isn't giving Pat enough time or maybe Pat isn't seeing him. It is hard to tell on TV what is all going on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 12-03-2019
The problem is that Hardman simply can't be trusted to know the route tree at this point.

Mahomes has such a great grasp of this offense that he KNOWS where guys are supposed to be and he's gonna throw to that spot expecting them to be there. Meanwhile, by most accounts, it's virtually impossible for a rookie to absorb the playbook in a single season and Hardman is green even for a rookie given his lack of development at UGA.

Hardman was always a long-game guy; a ceiling over floor pick. Had they gone with McLaurin I would say that's a viable option. But I just don't see how you can put someone like Hardman out there as a starter. It's not because he may not be as effective as Watkins (he almost certainly would be), it's because the plays in-between could be far more disastrous.

A QB throwing to 1 spot when the WR runs to another is how pick 6s happen in the post-season. I just can't talk myself into starting Hardman despite how tired I am of seeing Watkins.

That said...you could probably convince me to start Pringle. 2nd year in the system, gets plenty of practice reps, has a physical style similar to Sammy so he could be used in the same ways.

I'm just !@#$ing done with Sammy Watkins, man.
I’ll be fucking glad when Watkins is gone next season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 12-03-2019
Eh, I see Dj already addressed that.

After watching some cutups of the game Sunday, there was definitely some opportunity to get the ball to Watkins, just didn't work out. Need to force it to him a bit.

Also, Kelce was bad Sunday. Drops early, I'm pretty sure on the jump ball over the middle he caught he ran the wrong route and just stood there like a stooge and happen to catch a pass.

He goes thru stretches where he's just unfocused or something.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Eh, I see Dj already addressed that.

After watching some cutups of the game Sunday, there was definitely some opportunity to get the ball to Watkins, just didn't work out. Need to force it to him a bit.

Also, Kelce was bad Sunday. Drops early, I'm pretty sure on the jump ball over the middle he caught he ran the wrong route and just stood there like a stooge and happen to catch a pass.

He goes thru stretches where he's just unfocused or something.
I’m sure it’s pretty hard to stay focused 100% of the game when the other team is allowed to basically rape you in the first 5 yards and then anything after 5 yards they get away with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am curious if anyone has watched the All-22 to see if Watkins is getting open or if the OL just isn't giving Pat enough time or maybe Pat isn't seeing him. It is hard to tell on TV what is all going on.
I suppose that's fair. I'm just vaguely disgusted by his general countenance and seeming ambivalence out there. And when I DO make a point to watch him, he seems to be moving at practice pace rather than game speed.

But I admittedly can't claim to have gone in-depth on the guy to see what he's actually doing out there. Maybe Mahomes isn't getting through his progressions as well (afterall, Robinson's scramble drill plays have largely vanished as well - the play erased by penalty last week is the first I can think of in a long while). Maybe he's simply a forgotten man and being a relatively subdued guy, isn't demanding the ball so he isn't getting it.

But I'm sure not seeing a guy who appears to be making himself vital out there. I may make a point to give him a more focused look during the Broncos game.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m sure it’s pretty hard to stay focused 100% of the game when the other team is allowed to basically rape you in the first 5 yards and then anything after 5 yards they get away with.
They did that to Gronk, he played thru it.

Kelce wants to be considered the best TE in the league, figure it out and get off it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 12-03-2019
I suppose that's fair. I'm just vaguely disgusted by his general countenance and seeming ambivalence out there. And when I DO make a point to watch him, he seems to be moving at practice pace rather than game speed.

But I admittedly can't claim to have gone in-depth on the guy to see what he's actually doing out there. Maybe Mahomes isn't getting through his progressions as well (afterall, Robinson's scramble drill plays have largely vanished as well - the play erased by penalty last week is the first I can think of in a long while). Maybe he's simply a forgotten man and being a relatively subdued guy, isn't demanding the ball so he isn't getting it.

But I'm sure not seeing a guy who appears to be making himself vital out there. I may make a point to give him a more focused look during the Broncos game.
They had him on the deep shot on the first possession that he got interfered with but wasn't called, then a couple other times he was open just didn't get it.

I said it yesterday I think, but I think they need to get him the ball a couple times early so he locks in.

It's taboo around here, but Pat just hasn't been playing as well. He's locked in on Tyreek and Kelce (which isn't bad necessarily) but he just looks a little skiddish to me. I wonder if the injuries and lack of OL play has worn on him a bit, added with the conditions etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm good with how Hardman is used as a receiver. But we really need to use him a ton more in DATs role. Lot more jet sweeps, underneath routes. We've got to do a much much better job getting our fast guys underneath the coverages and it doesn't take a huge route tree to do that.

I don't know what the hell is up with Watkins. But if he's not 100% I'd rather slide Pringle in there.
I'd like to see them utilize Hardman a little more on those long drag routes that Hill runs. Those things are money in short yardage situations.

That said, what appears to make Hill so good at them is his ability to simply stop and go straight up to get the ball. That 'springiness' is the most ridiculous physical trait he has, and that's saying a lot for a dude that's maybe the most unique athlete in football.

You see those runs where he's going full tilt towards the sideline and Mahomes floats one out there - dude just stops on a dime, goes straight up and hangs there for the reception, then somehow hits the ground seemingly at full speed to gain another 4-5 yards.

Hardman's fast with amazing acceleration, but I don't think he has that kind of ability to just stop, change direction and give Pat the kind of timing leeway those plays sometimes need.

It would just be nice to have that wrinkle to keep teams from just keying on Hill, though. Sooner or later that play will become as coached against as those inside pitch plays we used to run that went from unstoppable to fairly useless in the span of about 10 weeks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 12-03-2019
It’s not taboo. Other people have mentioned it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 12-03-2019

via Gfycat

Heres an example of what I'm talking about. Where you goin Pat?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:30 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Brady is showing some decline at 42. No Gronk. But..... if we think they are ready to fall, the dynasty ends this year? Lets remember they have the best coach in the history of the NFL. He hasn't lost his fastball. Brady still is a very smart QB and plays with hard and with passion, hates to lose even with all the SB trophies and a super model wife. They are not going down without anything less than our best effort.

We beat them twice. It wasn't like they had bad games, we, well Mahomes were just better. But, anthing less than our best effort, we lose.
I really believe in rivalry streaks. I remember when Denver felt completely unbeatable. How Michigan feels about Ohio state. And Oakland now feels about kc. How we used to feel about Pittsburgh.

Like to believe we have that in Baltimore. This weekend could be a huge weight off our shoulder if we beat new England.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s not taboo. Other people have mentioned it.
It's not wrong, either.

But it's also worth pointing out that 'Off Mahomes' is still as good as anyone in the game. And buying into that theory kinda requires that we ignore what he did against TN - he was a monster in that game.

Eh, we'll see. I agree he's looked more like a mere Hall of Fame contender rather than the guy we should probably just erect a completely new building for. I was looking forward to the grand opening of the Hall of Mahomes across the street in Canton.

We may just want to hold off on scheduling the ribbon cutting ceremony just yet.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 12-03-2019
It's not wrong, either.

But it's also worth pointing out that 'Off Mahomes' is still as good as anyone in the game. And buying into that theory kinda requires that we ignore what he did against TN - he was a monster in that game.

Eh, we'll see. I agree he's looked more like a mere Hall of Fame contender rather than the guy we should probably just erect a completely new building for. I was looking forward to the grand opening of the Hall of Mahomes across the street in Canton.

We may just want to hold off on scheduling the ribbon cutting ceremony just yet.
Never said it was wrong.

I think the field in Mexico City and the wind last weekend had a lot to do with it.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up