ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ryan Fitzpatrick
Mile High Mania 09:42 AM 12-02-2019
Side rant...

Buddy of mine and I were talking fantasy football players and this guy came up. If you look at his stats and career, he may be the greatest journeyman backup QB of all-time. It's proven you're not going to win with him as the consistent starter, but the dude has had one hell of a career.

Started 135 games - terrible W/L ratio @ 53-81-1 (8 teams)
31,623 yards
203 TDs / 159 INTs

Compare that to someone like, I dunno ... Aikman. (no, not suggesting he's better than Aikman, but it supports the 'crazy stats' argument of the last 20 years)

Started 165 games - W/L of 94-71 (1 team)
32,942 yards
165 TDs / 141 INTs

30 fewer games, almost the same yards with 38 more TDs and 18 more INTs.

During the summer, I read an article talking about the great journeyman career of Josh McCown... he doesn't touch Fitzpatrick. Fitz is up there with Krieg, Deberg and Collins (all 6 teams) - even Vinny T was with 7 teams... and Fitz has banked over $58M in 14 years. Not too shabby with over $1M per career win.

Anyway - back to your regularly scheduled program. And, no ... :-) this is not an endorsement for Denver's next journeyman in 2020.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:46 AM 12-02-2019
Is he gonna be Dungvers next retread qb next season?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:47 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Is he gonna be Dungvers next retread qb next season?
I'd sign him up as a backup for sure.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'd sign him up as a backup for sure.
To Flaccid? Didn’t Failway extend him?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:49 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
To Flaccid? Didn’t Failway extend him?
Yeah, they'll have to deal with that sin... anyway, simply posted this because I never really looked at his career numbers. And, was thinking back to prior "best QB" debates and how numbers since the mid 90s are through the roof.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:53 AM 12-02-2019
Yeah, they'll have to deal with that sin... anyway, simply posted this because I never really looked at his career numbers. And, was thinking back to prior "best QB" debates and how numbers since the mid 90s are through the roof.
You could do a lot worse than Fitz. He seems like a good dude, and he has a killer beard.
[Reply]
scho63 09:57 AM 12-02-2019
What do you call two gay Irish football players?

Offensive linemen Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:57 AM 12-02-2019
He's not a star QB of course, but another thing to take into account is that several of the teams he played for were fairly shitty. Joe Vitt era Rams. Mike Munchak era Titans. The Dolphins are or were in tank mode this year.

Maybe he could've been good with a decent coach and a stable organization.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 10:52 AM 12-02-2019
My favorite Fitzmagic stat?

48 Wonderlic test score.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:14 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
My favorite Fitzmagic stat?

48 Wonderlic test score.
I liked the one from yesterday - he has now thrown a TD vs Eagles with 7 different teams, IIRC.
[Reply]
scho63 11:49 AM 12-02-2019
I liked the one from yesterday - he has now thrown a TD vs Eagles with 7 different teams, IIRC.
:-) That's a crazy stat!

I wonder if there is ANY QB in NFL history that anything close to this. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 01:16 PM 12-02-2019
Fun fact:

Miami Dolphins veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick made history on Sunday in the AFC East club's Week 13 matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Harvard product became the first player in NFL history to throw a touchdown against a single opponent for seven different franchises.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:18 PM 12-02-2019
Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB you bring in when you're all-pro QB goes down for 6-8 games but not the entire season. Because after 6-8 games, Fitz is figured out. But before then he lights it up
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:52 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
He's not a star QB of course, but another thing to take into account is that several of the teams he played for were fairly shitty. Joe Vitt era Rams. Mike Munchak era Titans. The Dolphins are or were in tank mode this year.

Maybe he could've been good with a decent coach and a stable organization.
Yeah no. Wasn't he supposed to make the Jets and Bills contenders when they had decent teams otherwise?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:15 PM 12-02-2019
Fitzpatrick's career would've have been very different, IMO, had he been blessed by going to an organization with a great HC/OC. Imagine if he'd been mentored by the likes of Sean Payton, one of the Shannahans, or even Andy Reid. He has the intelligence, skill sets, arm talent, and the moxie you want from a QB. He just never had the right coaching and/or weapons to maximize his talents.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up