ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs offensive struggles
O.city 09:32 AM 12-02-2019
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Another indictment on Veach and Reid for continually ignoring the interior OL and OL deptth at OT.
Oh go fuck yourself. It was corner you complained about constantly for 2 years now you’ve moved on to bitching about Veach failing to fill other holes without EVER acknowledging that he’s done a pretty good job at corner despite all your bitching.

News flash: every team has holes you buttfucking moron. If having holes mean you failed as a GM in the offseason then no GM is ever successful (even the one that wins a SB).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe I am. Wouldn't be the first time.

He just seems to be drifting backwards out of pockets.
I have noticed that a bit lately.

He's not stepping into his throws as often. Granted, I think we're maybe assigning a cause here that doesn't really exist. He's kinda ALWAYS done that and we simply didn't take note of it when those were hitting guys in space.

Now he's missing a bit more. Now the altitude and wind are viable excuses because I think his game against the Titans was as well as he's ever played. And I don't think he's doing anything now that he wasn't doing in that game.

Remember a few years ago when folks were ragging on Rodgers for his 'bad mechanics' that season where he just wasn't quite right? His mechanics were no different than they'd ever been, he just wasn't quite in sync for some odd reason. His WRs were poor, his line play was average. Things were just a bit off. People wanted to cite his bad mechanics but they aren't exactly bad, they're just unconventional and they've always worked for him.

That's probably what we're seeing with Mahomes. We're looking for ghosts because there's no arguing that the passing game has been a bit out of sorts lately. But it's probably not a mechanics issue.

Oh, and Sammy Watkins can eat a bag of dicks. Man that guy's useless. If I'm looking for a cause of the offensive scuffles that is something beyond outside circumstances, it's Watkins and the run game. With the interior line in tatters and no dynamic RB to turn to, we simply suck at running the football. And with Watkins not contributing ANYTHING, we're effectively relying on Hill and Kelce for 90% of our offense. That's asking a lot.
[Reply]
O.city 11:36 AM 12-02-2019
I will say they fucked up a bit with Reiter. I wasn't ever really comfortable with him as the starter.

Theres only so much you can do, at some point, you've gotta develop and coach up some dudes.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have noticed that a bit lately.

He's not stepping into his throws as often. Granted, I think we're maybe assigning a cause here that doesn't really exist. He's kinda ALWAYS done that and we simply didn't take note of it when those were hitting guys in space.

Now he's missing a bit more. Now the altitude and wind are viable excuses because I think his game against the Titans was as well as he's ever played. And I don't think he's doing anything now that he wasn't doing in that game.

Remember a few years ago when folks were ragging on Rodgers for his 'bad mechanics' that season where he just wasn't quite right? His mechanics were no different than they'd ever been, he just wasn't quite in sync for some odd reason. His WRs were poor, his line play was average. Things were just a bit off. People wanted to cite his bad mechanics but they aren't exactly bad, they're just unconventional and they've always worked for him.

That's probably what we're seeing with Mahomes. We're looking for ghosts because there's no arguing that the passing game has been a bit out of sorts lately. But it's probably not a mechanics issue.

Oh, and Sammy Watkins can eat a bag of dicks. Man that guy's useless. If I'm looking for a cause of the offensive scuffles that is something beyond outside circumstances, it's Watkins and the run game. With the interior line in tatters and no dynamic RB to turn to, we simply suck at running the football. And with Watkins not contributing ANYTHING, we're effectively relying on Hill and Kelce for 90% of our offense. That's asking a lot.
Yeah, Watkins just looks like ass. Even worse, he looks like lackadaisical ass.

He doesn't get the targets that Hill and Kelce get, so it looks like he pouts and just turns it in. Granted, when they get the ball in his hands, he's pretty effective.

Kinda comes back to Mahomes a bit. Sometimes you've gotta get those dudes the ball early to keep them engaged.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:40 AM 12-02-2019
I imagine that the Chiefs were relatively vanilla on play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Don't want to give the Pats too much on tape as I'm sure they have some stuff that they've been saving for the Pats.

At least that is my hope as to why the offense has been so meh last two games. Also, it would help if our running game can do flipping anything
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 12-02-2019
There are certain games where it's pretty obvious early that as long as you don't royally fuck up and throw a pick 6 or something, you're gonna win.

That was pretty obvious yesterday. Once they were up 14-0, all they had to do was stack the box and not make egregious mistakes on offense and they'd win.

Kinda what they need to do in NE.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:42 AM 12-02-2019
You think an orthopedic doc told him that if he re-injures it, it could be season or worse. Would you tip toe for while. Mahomes wants to win, but
he's not stupid.

Originally Posted by O.city:
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
We aren't going downfield near as much as last year it seems..We should be taking at least 2 or 3 deep shots to Tyreek every week. When we do go deep they seem to be overthrown
What was really strange was the number of single-high looks we were getting that we weren't attacking.

I get it - the wind was hellish. But Mahomes on 18-25 yard crossers can drive a ball through the wind. Dude has the best arm in the league and if you're getting single coverage out wide, why aren't you doing a little more to attack those deep seems?

The touch passes like the one he tried to throw to Kelce are going to be hell in those conditions and I get that. But there shouldn't have been as much of an issue on those bullets he can throw in the intermediate ranges. I wonder if more of those single-high man looks that I was seeing weren't disguised zones or something that I wasn't noticing in real time. It just seemed like he had more possible 'shot plays' that he could've muscled into windows that he just didn't look for.

It happens - teams get out of sync sometimes and there's little cause to believe it will continue. But they absolutely have to get something out of Watkins or find a miracle in Thompson because they can't put up 24+ points with regularity playing a 3-man offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 12-02-2019
Thompson might have something. I don't know and wont really get my hopes up on it, but he looked fresh yesterday.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:47 AM 12-02-2019
It is a combination of factors... weather conditions specific to yesterday's game, offensive line struggles, opposing defenses focusing on taking away the deep passing game, and dropped passes.

I think Andy should utilize with greater frequency the short/intermediate passing game to the WR's. It seems like other than a few short passing plays/slants to Tyreek yesterday (which were pretty much all successful), that hasn't been a consistent part of the Chiefs offense recently.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
You think an orthopedic doc told him that if he re-injures it, it could be season or worse. Would you tip toe for while. Mahomes wants to win, but
he's not stupid.
You mean the same guy that sprinted for the endzone on his run and looked just fine? Yeah I’m sure he’s holding back.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:49 AM 12-02-2019
IMVHO besides the shitty OL play of a late as Romo was pointing out yesterday teams don't respect our running game so defenses are dropping back.

Don't know if there is a viable older RB available right now but they need to improve that position drastically. I do hope Darwin is the starter though he looked good late.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It is a combination of factors... weather conditions specific to yesterday's game, offensive line struggles, opposing defenses focusing on taking away the deep passing game, and dropped passes.

I think Andy should utilize with greater frequency the short/intermediate passing game to the WR's. It seems like other than a few short passing plays/slants to Tyreek yesterday (which were pretty much all successful), that hasn't been a consistent part of the Chiefs offense recently.
For sure. Get Sammy the ball in those intermediate areas as well also.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

AND WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MISDIRECTION?

I’m going to bring this shit up every week where we don’t use it. It’s part of why are run game worked last year. We have guys in Hill and Hardman that can do it well. Bring that shit back, Andy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
IMVHO besides the shitty OL play of a late as Romo was pointing out yesterday teams don't respect our running game so defenses are dropping back.

Don't know if there is a viable older RB available right now but they need to improve that position drastically. I do hope Darwin is the starter though he looked good late.
That's true.

When a team can stop the run with 6 in the box, theres not a lot you can do throwing it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up