ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it Darwin Thompson time?
SAGA45 08:35 AM 09-16-2019
With Damien Williams (knee) and LeSean McCoy (ankle) banged up, do you guys think this week could be Thompson's opportunity to go off? I think it'd be awesome to see the kid come in and have a big game.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:05 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No.
More like tempering typical CP homerism/overhype.

Maybe there are reasons he is not getting the opportunities...
If Shady hasn’t become available, Darwin would be challenging for the starting role by now.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:12 AM 11-02-2019
No.
More like tempering typical CP homerism/overhype.

Maybe there are reasons he is not getting the opportunities...
Khalen Saunders wouldn't have gotten a chance If Jones didn't go down and now he looks very good...have to give a guy a chance before writing them off. I cannot see how Darwin would do any worse than the others tbh...and we need to try all options as right now our running game is useless.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:40 AM 11-02-2019
I don't understand why Thompson is not second in the rotation or one. Our running game has been shit so what are we waiting for?
[Reply]
crispystl 08:45 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't understand why Thompson is not second in the rotation or one. Our running game has been shit so what are we waiting for?
Or AT LEAST sprinkle a few situational plays in for him here and there.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:47 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
He looks small and like he's gonna get killed every time he's tackled.
Remember Warrick Dunn? This whole idea that if you are small you are more injury prone doesn't really have any backing to it.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:16 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If Shady hasn’t become available, Darwin would be challenging for the starting role by now.
This x100 people completely forget before McCoy was in the mix Darwin was gearing up to be our number 2 in preseason. Andy is usually very, very slow with his rookies and Darwin is getting that treatment.

The tape does not lie, you're not a homer if you're excited about Darwin. He has genuine talent that will translate to the field.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:21 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
This x100 people completely forget before McCoy was in the mix Darwin was gearing up to be our number 2 in preseason. Andy is usually very, very slow with his rookies and Darwin is getting that treatment.

The tape does not lie, you're not a homer if you're excited about Darwin. He has genuine talent that will translate to the field.
But every time they give him his token play, it generally ends as an incompletion, a tackle for loss, or a gain of 1-2 yards.

Just call him Charkandrick without the pass protection ability...
[Reply]
Bwana 09:44 AM 11-02-2019
I've been calling for this for weeks as well. Get the guy the damn rock already.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:53 AM 11-02-2019

No he wasn't. Guy had training camp and the entire preseason to earn playing time and couldn't do it.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:08 AM 11-02-2019
But every time they give him his token play, it generally ends as an incompletion, a tackle for loss, or a gain of 1-2 yards.

Just call him Charkandrick without the pass protection ability...
wtf r u even saying he's had 4 rushes and 2 receptions in 8 games. what token plays :-)

he hasn't had jack shit with regards to opportunities, and if you're dumb enough to consider him chark 2.0 based off 6 total plays then that's on you
[Reply]
Iconic 10:17 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
No he wasn't. Guy had training camp and the entire preseason to earn playing time and couldn't do it.
what a dumb ****ing thing to say. he was literally our second string back in preseason. he was getting his reps with henne, darrel was coming in with shurmur

dude averaged 5 yards per attempt off 12 attempts and 12.7 per reception.

but sure ok, he didn't earn a lick of pt. he sucked out loud and that's why coaches are going out of their ****ing way to say they have packages in place for him and he looks great in practice
[Reply]
Otter 10:25 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
He looks small and like he's gonna get killed every time he's tackled.
That looks like a man who can take a hit. Being short is often advantages in physical activity.

Unless you're a lineman.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:38 AM 11-02-2019
what a dumb ****ing thing to say. he was literally our second string back in preseason. he was getting his reps with henne, darrel was coming in with shurmur

dude averaged 5 yards per attempt off 12 attempts and 12.7 per reception.

but sure ok, he didn't earn a lick of pt. he sucked out loud and that's why coaches are going out of their ****ing way to say they have packages in place for him and he looks great in practice
How long did that last? Lol. Face it: the kid clearly showed the coaches he wasn't ready yet, which is why we're halfway through the season and he's got like 6 touches.

I never said he sucked, by the way. Are you Darwin Thompson? Is that why you're so butthurt right now?

They drafted him so surely they want to get him on the field.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:15 AM 11-02-2019
what the **** are you rambling on about???

i don't give a single retarded **** how long it lasted??? the point, you inbred **** ****, is that darwin was indeed setting up to be the 2nd string back until mccoy jumped ship
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:40 AM 11-02-2019
what the **** are you rambling on about???

i don't give a single retarded **** how long it lasted??? the point, you inbred **** ****, is that darwin was indeed setting up to be the 2nd string back until mccoy jumped ship
Then explain how he's now our 4th string back. That's some fuzzy math.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up