ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 72
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 10:59 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The AD needs a hard reset.

The basketball loss today just proved it. I don't think you can trust Jim Sterk to make any decision now.

I wonder if this is the best move forward:

1) Fire Sterk
2) Leave Haley as the interim HC for this year to eat shit and deal with the restrictions
3) Hire an AD, have them find a football coach after '20, then a basketball coach after Cuonzo's 4th year.

You can't recover from losses like this. It's a complete indictment of the entire program.
I wondered why the stipulation about getting through Cuonzo's 4th year, then I read about the contractual agreement on Twitter. Holy shit that sort of clause should be grounds for Sterk's firing itself, right? They literally CANNOT fire the guy for four years, am I understanding that right? They can't even buy him out?!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:02 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Are thiany mods in here that can boot this troll from the thread?
I live in KC my hard earned money gets taxed to help universities such as MU. We need a strong coach to ensure they won't cater to morons who tried to destroy 1 of our fine educational institutions.

I'm fine with Sterk going to hopefully we get an AD that agrees to play KU at Arrowhead every year to help the local economy.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:02 PM 12-03-2019
Riverboat Ron is available :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12-04-2019, 10:40 AM
This message has been deleted by siberian khatru.
KChiefs1 12:21 PM 12-04-2019
McElwain is now the hot name?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:22 PM 12-04-2019
So, Jim McElwain, huh? That'll get everyone fired up.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:27 PM 12-04-2019
Jim McElwain is Larry Smith Part II IMO.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:31 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
So, Jim McElwain, huh? That'll get everyone fired up.
No one outside of Kiffin is getting this fanbase fired up.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:34 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
No one outside of Kiffin is getting this fanbase fired up.
I think Harsin would.

Healy might because he'd be such a wild card. I think a lot of folks would be like, "OK, let's see what the kid can do."
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:19 PM 12-04-2019
If they can't land Harsin and Kiff is out than sharkfucker is probably the best move. Just tell him no shitty asst's
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:28 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by :
McElwain believes every stop along the way helps you learn. The lasting lesson from Florida?

"There were people there to help, and I just didn't use them," he said. "I'm one of those guys that's always tried to figure out how to fix it, whatever it might be. They deserved to win, and I didn't get that accomplished. That is what it is. But those players and those people, I truly care for and care about.

"I probably wasn't a very good fit, and in this business, there is a lot to be said about that," he continued. "And yet, I'm proud of what we did. I wished we could have won the SEC championship those times we played in it. We weren't quite there yet, but I think they'll get there."
https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fits-right-cmu
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:29 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The AD needs a hard reset.

The basketball loss today just proved it. I don't think you can trust Jim Sterk to make any decision now.

I wonder if this is the best move forward:

1) Fire Sterk
2) Leave Haley as the interim HC for this year to eat shit and deal with the restrictions
3) Hire an AD, have them find a football coach after '20, then a basketball coach after Cuonzo's 4th year.

You can't recover from losses like this. It's a complete indictment of the entire program.
I agree. I've heard nothing but bad things about Sterk from Washington State and San Diego State fans. It's time to move on.

At least he scrapped Rhoades horrible plan and got the South Endzone Project done, only positive he did at Mizzou.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:48 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If they can't land Harsin and Kiff is out than sharkfucker is probably the best move. Just tell him no shitty asst's
I mean, apart from being batshit insane, why shouldn't we go after the old pirate himself, Mike Leach?

I mean lets be honest - he'll win 5 in a bad year and those teams will be entertaining even in their losses. And in a good year he'll win the damn East - those teams could jump up and bite ANYONE on a the right day.

The problem Odom eventually faced, and what probably led to his downfall, was that even a win was kind of a slog. And losses were goddamn excruciating. Odom's teams were responsible for some of the most god-awful losses I've ever seen as a football fan. Not in a 'they shouldn't have lost' sort of way, but in a 'jesus, I'd rather have a root canal than watch any more of this game...' way.

Leach won't have any/many of those. He'll have wild-ass shootout losses that Mizzou should've won, but you won't have wanted to murder yourself for watching them afterward. And games like that absolutely destroy fan interest. As do the post-game mumbling press conferences and 'high school football coach' truisms.

I mean if you're talking about the highest possible floor - it's Leach, right? And over a 4-6 year period I'd say his ceiling is as high or higher than anyone else's.

But by all accounts he's not even a consideration. Too much personality for this administration (which, yet again, would be a GOOD thing for fan interest).
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:03 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean, apart from being batshit insane, why shouldn't we go after the old pirate himself, Mike Leach?

I mean lets be honest - he'll win 5 in a bad year and those teams will be entertaining even in their losses. And in a good year he'll win the damn East - those teams could jump up and bite ANYONE on a the right day.

The problem Odom eventually faced, and what probably led to his downfall, was that even a win was kind of a slog. And losses were goddamn excruciating. Odom's teams were responsible for some of the most god-awful losses I've ever seen as a football fan. Not in a 'they shouldn't have lost' sort of way, but in a 'jesus, I'd rather have a root canal than watch any more of this game...' way.

Leach won't have any/many of those. He'll have wild-ass shootout losses that Mizzou should've won, but you won't have wanted to murder yourself for watching them afterward. And games like that absolutely destroy fan interest. As do the post-game mumbling press conferences and 'high school football coach' truisms.

I mean if you're talking about the highest possible floor - it's Leach, right? And over a 4-6 year period I'd say his ceiling is as high or higher than anyone else's.

But by all accounts he's not even a consideration. Too much personality for this administration (which, yet again, would be a GOOD thing for fan interest).
I mean like I'm down too with the pirate, but I think a bagman would have to roll the hire to get the board to ok it
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 PM 12-04-2019
My buddy that "knows a guy" says Sterk is focused on an 'established name' and is circling around McElwain, Monken, Fritz and Calhoun.

Pretty sure I get to quit the football program for awhile, gents...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:48 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My buddy that "knows a guy" says Sterk is focused on an 'established name' and is circling around McElwain, Monken, Fritz and Calhoun.

Pretty sure I get to quit the football program for awhile, gents...
TWO service academies!
[Reply]
Page 56 of 72
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up