ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 72
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:19 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Shocked that they canned Odom.

I wonder who they can get.
I don't know why it's so shocking. His 5 game losing streak this year was more than enough reason. It's year 4. The entire team was recruited by him. He built the team and was unable to beat good teams or even mediocre teams. It was time for a change.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:19 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
See you in shitville.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:21 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
See you in shitville.

Pity the new guy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:22 AM 11-30-2019
Get the fuck out
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:23 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Pity the new guy.
Maybe he can beat renowned powerhouse Wyoming.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:23 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't know why it's so shocking. His 5 game losing streak this year was more than enough reason. It's year 4. The entire team was recruited by him. He built the team and was unable to beat good teams or even mediocre teams. It was time for a change.
I don’t consider his first class really his due to the coaching change.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:27 AM 11-30-2019
Not to be happy for a guy losing his job, but its for the best. Mizzou just spent all that money on the new stadium, and they can't have it half full on game day, and when it's half full, the majority of those fans are from the visiting team during SEC season. Mizzou was just a drag to watch. I haven't really said that since Bob Stull was the coach. Onwards and upwards...
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:33 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Pity the new guy.
You are clueless when it comes to the university.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:36 AM 11-30-2019

[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:40 AM 11-30-2019
You normally feel bad for the guy getting the pink slip, but in this case Odom earned it. In a season set up to literally cakewalk to 8 wins without breaking a sweat, Odom and his team struggled to win 6.

It would have been fun to see Mizzou throw a fly in the ointment and win the East and force the SEC to support them against the lackluster NCAA brass.

But instead we see them wallowing against Vandy and Kentucky along with losing to Wyoming. That Wyoming game showed this team didn't have the backbone to take a punch in the mouth and fight back.

Now let's see if Mizzou has the guts to go out and get a guy who is innovative and intelligent....a guy who can think on the fly and make adjustments.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:55 AM 11-30-2019

Today @MizzouFootball fired one of the greatest men that I know. I don’t support this at all! Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Barry Odom has more wins than any former coach in 4 years at Mizzou. Ncaa ban up held and a True Son becomes the scapegoat. Smh! Good luck BO!

— Sean Weatherspoon (@SeanWSpoon56) November 30, 2019

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:55 AM 11-30-2019
PTL. They’re not just gonna sit on their hands and maintain the status quo.

Odom had his chance. They should have cakewalked to 8 or 9 wins this year. 10 was realistic. He failed. Mizzou should be finishing around .500 or better every year (including the non-con) with the occasional double digit win season and challenging for the East mixed in every few years. This was that year. Odom blew it from the opening week against Wyoming and then repeated it against Vandy after they had rebounded to get to 5-1. He lost the confidence of the fanbase, and more importantly, the donors. Sounds like enough of them were fed up by the 5 game losing streak to finish the season and more than willing to help buy him out. Nothing personal, Barry, but good riddance.

Bring on the next guy. Hopefully they get this one right and bring in a coach and staff that can actually start locking down the state of Missouri and keeping a lot of that rich in-state talent here.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:05 AM 11-30-2019
Odom is a good DC. Not all DCs are cut out to be coaches. Most aren't. He tried and failed. No shame in that, but the program has to move on. He made millions. He'll be fine.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:37 AM 11-30-2019
We did it guys! Oh thank god, it's finally over

E: Sounds like the dumbass basically created his own firing.

Originally Posted by :
Odom went to AD Jim Sterk asking for a public statement and vote of confidence, Sterk said he had to go to the Board of Curators, they told him that we're not in a position to do that and that they expected to be in a holding pattern due to the sanctions. Odom is told this and then goes out and runs his mouth, telling everyone on his staff and recruits, etc. that no one at Mizzou believes in us and they'll get fired--despite the fact that the Board never said such thing. This gets back to Sterk and the Curators, who are rightfully angry and decide "well, why not fire him?"

[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:54 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The path pretty obviously seems like Bazelak, provided he didn't tear his ACL. Robinson is intriguing, but I don't trust anyone on the staff to handle a dual threat QB.

The next coach is going to need to seriously bolster the skill position talent on this team, which is the worst it's been since 2000. These receivers fucking suck, and Albert looks similar to Egnew: a product of his college QB that turns to a pumpkin once said QB is gone.
Couldn't have been any more accurate at the end. Dude cost himself millions by coming back for another year.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 72
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up