ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 279 of 301
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:27 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Padres left Ruiz unprotected. I’m a bit surprised.

Their system is loaded and they faced some tough decisions.

He’s also a position player who is still 3 years away from the bigs. That’s a risky Rule V ADD (but I’d still go grab him and carry him as No. 26 all year).
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:30 AM 11-21-2019
Once he got popped for PED's he was virtually useless.
He hit .222 in AAA this year, .701 OPS. Once he deflated, so did his numbers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I know you know all the bad stuff about Matheny, the arrogance and his my way or the highway approach to young players.

Have you heard anything about him changing? Learned from the firing that his approach on young players was whack? Real change not press conference change?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:04 AM 11-21-2019

He’s also a position player who is still 3 years away from the bigs. That’s a risky Rule V ADD (but I’d still go grab him and carry him as No. 26 all year).
How is it possible in today's day and age to build a system that loaded? From the perspective of a Royals fan it seems impossible.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:10 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How is it possible in today's day and age to build a system that loaded? From the perspective of a Royals fan it seems impossible.
They took advantage of some teams in trades and drafted well.

They were handed Tatis for nothing because they took him when he was 17. If you are willing to take guys further away you can get better potential.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:22 AM 11-21-2019
@FlannyMLB: The formality of the owners approving John Sherman as the next Royals owner likely happens today in Arlington. He probably won’t speak publicly until the sale becomes official early next week.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:37 AM 11-21-2019

Some Pads fans are very nervous. It would be a great way to save face from the Cahill trade.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:12 AM 11-21-2019

Why wouldn’t the royals grab him? We’re not contending.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM 11-21-2019
Some Pads fans are very nervous. It would be a great way to save face from the Cahill trade.
The problem is Ruiz is god awful in the field so it may be really hard to stash him for a whole season unless you're a really really bad team that doesn't care.

Also the White Sox agreed to a contract with Yasmani Grandal...they're not to far away from competing.
[Reply]
nychief 11:14 AM 11-21-2019
Grandal to White Sox... 4 years 74 or somesuch.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why wouldn’t the royals grab him? We’re not contending.
Dayton Moore seems to be under this impression that the Royals aren't a tanking team so that right there throws in a wrench.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:30 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dayton Moore seems to be under this impression that the Royals aren't a tanking team so that right there throws in a wrench.
The problem is the Royals tank on accident instead of on purpose.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:46 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know you know all the bad stuff about Matheny, the arrogance and his my way or the highway approach to young players.

Have you heard anything about him changing? Learned from the firing that his approach on young players was whack? Real change not press conference change?
Seriously, can you at some point f*** off about this dumb topic?

We don’t want to read this shit all year long. We don’t want you BFIBs coming over here every time we lose a goddamn game (which will be a lot) with your lame as Matheny bitching.

And I swear, Duncan, If you continue obliging this stupidity to clutter up the thread, people should start blocking you.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:49 AM 11-21-2019
I'll bite. What is a BFIB?
Big fat inbred bitches is all I got.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:50 AM 11-21-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Page 279 of 301
« First < 179229269275276277278279 280281282283289 > Last »
Up