ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 273 of 301
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Mecca 01:41 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Rays GM won executive of the year. In a 1-30 ranking, I wonder where Dayton Moore would rank...
For right now?

Probably in the 20s.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:48 PM 11-12-2019
Rays GM won executive of the year. In a 1-30 ranking, I wonder where Dayton Moore would rank...
That's awesome for him! He can put it right next to his Would Series tro-
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:53 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
That's awesome for him! He can put it right next to his Would Series tro-
For how long does that give Moore a pass? 5 years? 10 years? 15? Eventually the past needs to be the past and the present the present. Tampa doesn't have the world series hardware but outside of that they're not even in the same universe as KC when it comes to team management.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:01 PM 11-12-2019

Royals star Jorge Soler has fired ACES and moved to Casey Close of Excel

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 12, 2019

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:12 PM 11-12-2019
For how long does that give Moore a pass? 5 years? 10 years? 15? Eventually the past needs to be the past and the present the present. Tampa doesn't have the world series hardware but outside of that they're not even in the same universe as KC when it comes to team management.
Yup. Time's up.

I was willing to give him till 2022. You know, cause of the next wave of prospects and the contention window re-opening then (The Process, Part 2), and then he goes and hires shitface (a.k.a. Matheny), the worst possible manager for a young team trying to figure things out. That closed the door on any goodwill he had from the 2014-2015 seasons.

If Matheny turns out the way most of us think he will, both he and Moore will be gone come 2022, unless Sherman turns out to be an absentee owner.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:37 PM 11-12-2019
Time was up the minute he hired Mike Matheny.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 11-12-2019
Holy shit, Astros - be more blatant!

[Reply]
tk13 06:13 PM 11-12-2019
Yeah I'm amazed that didn't come out before. I had always complimented the Astros because I thought they learned from the Giants and Royals and changed their approach to strike out less and make more contact. When the Royals beat them in 2015 they were one of the top 2-3 strikeout teams, and two years later they completely flipped and won it all as the best contact team in the league.

Looks like there was a good reason, they were cheating.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:20 PM 11-12-2019
If someone wanted to sell me on the existence of Karma, they could point to the Astros getting blown to **** in all four of their home games in the WS and AJ Hinch’s pompous ass becoming the laughingstock of baseball for pulling Greinke in a generational performance.
[Reply]
tk13 10:23 PM 11-12-2019
The Giants just hired Gabe Kapler, so there's that. I was not a fan of hiring Matheny but I actually think I'd rather have him than Gabe Kapler.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:37 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
The Giants just hired Gabe Kapler, so there's that. I was not a fan of hiring Matheny but I actually think I'd rather have him than Gabe Kapler.
I *think* I prefer Matheny over Jason Kendall?

They strike me as similar people, except it’s possible Matheny will have improved from v1? Where as Kendall still needs to ruin a few young arms in his initial redass phase.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Kapler was on my short list of guys I'd have hired to replace Matheny. He has some rough edges but he has genuine upside.

Robin Ventura, Kirk Gibson and Dusty Baker are the only 3 I can think of worse than Matheny.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:38 AM 11-13-2019
I guess we're likely bringing Gordon back. It had better not be any more than a 1 year deal. I personally think it's time to move on, but it's not something I'd really get worked up over. This team is going to stink no matter what for the foreseeable future. Placating the true fans by hanging on as long as possible to franchise players is pretty much all Dayton Moore has to work with since he has no hope of fielding a competitive team anytime soon.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:40 AM 11-13-2019
I guess we're likely bringing Gordon back. It had better not be any more than a 1 year deal. I personally think it's time to move on, but it's not something I'd really get worked up over. This team is going to stink no matter what for the foreseeable future. Placating the true fans by hanging on as long as possible to franchise players is pretty much all Dayton Moore has to work with since he has no hope of fielding a competitive team anytime soon.
Old declining players, he'll play everyday too with this manager.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:48 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Old declining players, he'll play everyday too with this manager.
Well, the KC Star article did quote Gordon as feeling like coming back after hearing Matheny's press conference. He knows what's up.
[Reply]
Page 273 of 301
« First < 173223263269270271272273 274275276277283 > Last »
Up