ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 301
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:09 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
A bit surprised you are avoiding the attendance discussion. I’m calling it a near crisis while others say “meh”. This topic is going to really come to the forefront publicly this summer - mark my words. You know how I’m always ahead of the curve bro.

For those saying it’s just cause we ain’t winnin.....I encourage you to look up attendance figures at peer cities like Mil-Denver-Cinci. CIN been garbage last 5 years, attendance: 2.5, 2.4, 1.9, 1.8, 1.6. We did 1.6 last year and won’t touch it this year.
Out of curiosity, what was our attendance like during our other 100 loss years? (2004-2006)
[Reply]
tk13 01:29 PM 04-07-2019
A bit surprised you are avoiding the attendance discussion. I’m calling it a near crisis while others say “meh”. This topic is going to really come to the forefront publicly this summer - mark my words. You know how I’m always ahead of the curve bro.

For those saying it’s just cause we ain’t winnin.....I encourage you to look up attendance figures at peer cities like Mil-Denver-Cinci. CIN been garbage last 5 years, attendance: 2.5, 2.4, 1.9, 1.8, 1.6. We did 1.6 last year and won’t touch it this year.
You are obsessed with this. You keep ignoring the fact that the season starts in late March now. School isn't out and the weather has generally been cold.

On top of that, the fan base has had a taste of success. In the 2000s they had multiple years of about 1.3 million when they were terrible, and that was when you could literally get upper deck tickets for $5.
[Reply]
tk13 01:31 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Out of curiosity, what was our attendance like during our other 100 loss years? (2004-2006)
2004 was better but remember we were coming off the winning 2003 season and had just signed all those free agents (Juan Gonzalez, Benito Santiago, etc). 2005-06 they drew 1.3 million both years. And that was with way cheaper ticket prices and parking than we have now.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:53 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
No shit, where would sports be without Drama Queen fans ?:-)
Drama queen fans? So criticism makes someone a drama queen? Blind homerism is much worse than criticism. Everyone was calling for DM and Neds head at the all star break in 2014. Thankfully we went on an absolute tear from July 22nd to August 27th going 26-8 and went from 3rd to 1st place. They lost the lead in September, but they damn near pulled off taking the AL Central going 6-2 in their last 8 games. Started that stretch at 2 games back and ended it at 1. I just like going back and looking at that stuff, but my point is that had they not gotten hot then DM may not have been here the next year. Man looking back at that year our O was pretty bad, not one guy with 20 HRs or even 80 RBIs. But the pitching staff more than made up for it that year. That bullpen was other worldly
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:43 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Drama queen fans? So criticism makes someone a drama queen? Blind homerism is much worse than criticism. Everyone was calling for DM and Neds head at the all star break in 2014. Thankfully we went on an absolute tear from July 22nd to August 27th going 26-8 and went from 3rd to 1st place. They lost the lead in September, but they damn near pulled off taking the AL Central going 6-2 in their last 8 games. Started that stretch at 2 games back and ended it at 1. I just like going back and looking at that stuff, but my point is that had they not gotten hot then DM may not have been here the next year. Man looking back at that year our O was pretty bad, not one guy with 20 HRs or even 80 RBIs. But the pitching staff more than made up for it that year. That bullpen was other worldly
Oh, I agree that blind homerism is out there abundantly. IMHO, it's part of the makeup of a drama queen fan. They are so damn quick to bitch about something, anything that has gone wrong and yet have no idea how to fix it. They are quick to call for the quick executions with a lost game forgetting the facts that players,coaches and management are just as imperfect as they are. Yet they want to boast in the glory that they might know something or are pissed off about a certain player and /or game ect.

Yes 2014 was a good example, yet even the decent season of 2013 when we finished strong there were people calling for Ned's and DM's heads. Even during the 2015 season there were plenty of members here calling Ned stupid, Ned doesn't know how to use HDH, etc. or that DM needs to get rid of this guy, bring up this guy, etc. Even during the during 2016 we heard them calling out how stupid Ned and DM were.

Let's face it, some people you just can not please. FTR, you can not please them if you hung them with a new rope. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:48 PM 04-07-2019

I called this out 2 years ago and you were nowhere to be found.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:17 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I called this out 2 years ago and you were nowhere to be found.
PB was very much calling this two years ago as well.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:55 PM 04-07-2019
Go to 1977 and look up the attendance numbers per game early season. Or any random year actually.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:07 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Go to 1977 and look up the attendance numbers per game early season. Or any random year actually.
No. You’re the one making the point so why don’t you look up the data and post it for us. That’s how it works.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:52 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
There was zero buzz for opening day this year and nobody talks about the Royals now.

Funny to think just a few years ago people were claiming KC is a baseball town.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 AM 04-08-2019
Still dont get why they cut Brian Goodwin for Duda and also have Gore on the roster. In 20 abs has a 1.155 ops. Crushed a HR over 450 ft the other night.

Makes no sense to lose 4 years control for Garbage man Duda.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:36 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Still dont get why they cut Brian Goodwin for Duda and also have Gore on the roster. In 20 abs has a 1.155 ops. Crushed a HR over 450 ft the other night.

Makes no sense to lose 4 years control for Garbage man Duda.
THIS!!!!!!

So fucking stupid it makes my brain want to explode. Gore and Duda are equally complete wastes of space.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:50 AM 04-08-2019
PSA - keep DC shit in DC. Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
TLO 12:05 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
There was zero buzz for opening day this year and nobody talks about the Royals now.

Funny to think just a few years ago people were claiming KC is a baseball town.
It's a baseball town when they're winning.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:36 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
You are obsessed with this. You keep ignoring the fact that the season starts in late March now. School isn't out and the weather has generally been cold.
Asked and answered. Weather is normally shitty this time of year and it makes no diff if it’s a week earlier.

Originally Posted by :
On top of that, the fan base has had a taste of success. In the 2000s they had multiple years of about 1.3 million when they were terrible, and that was when you could literally get upper deck tickets for $5.
That makes it worse. The management and even the owner deserve some slack as they rebuild. 2 pennants isn’t enough to est any cred with the fan base? It’s beyond pathetic.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 301
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up