ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 92
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:53 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
OK...on the flip side the Bills have played far tougher defenses than the Chiefs have and a far tougher schedule in general. Additionally they are the only team that made the playoffs with a strength of victory over .500

Always can flip the coin to show the other side and that goes both ways.
The Bills had a good schedule overall, but the Chiefs were 4-0 against divisional round opponents (not including beating the Browns) while the Bills were 1-1.

The Chiefs are 2-0 against remaining teams this season and the Bills are 0-1.

Those are the opponents I've always thought teams should hang their hat on, and I've said that about the Chiefs for years... when they were in the AFCCG in '18 against the Patriots I was looking at their schedule, thinking, eh, losses to the Patriots and Rams, split with the Chargers (and the win was Sept and loss in Dec)... and they were 0-2 in the two teams that were in the conference championship (both were very close, but still).

I've seen people here this week go as far as using the Broncos as a common opponent and it it's mind boggling... and I think the Bills have gotten a taste of the difference in playoff football, it really is a different level that's not comparable to beating the shit out of non-playoff or even just a WC team in the regular season (see the Chiefs beating the Texans 30-0 in the WC round a few years back).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:56 AM 01-23-2021
They won't put up 200 yards even if that happens this game, I can promise you that.

Milano is far more than that on this defense...he does it all and frees up Edmunds a lot. He is exceptional at getting through creases and into the backfield which is why the run D is a lot better with him in there. Also our best cover LB against backs and TE. That doesn't mean much against Kelce because he is probably the best TE in football or at worst tied with Kittle, but even if he can win a few routes or make a key 3rd down stop here or there it can be meaningful.

The understated point is that Milano allows the Bills D to play the way they want to play and that they have been used to playing for the last 3 years. He and Edmunds never come off the field. Without him they have to change how they do things and make personnel adjustments they don't want to make in some situations and due to this have to play differently and have the rest of the defense play different roles at times to make up for it.

So while you may not think it is a big deal because he is a small cover 2 LB, we know it is because of how the Bills have to make personnel adjustments and how other player responsibilities change when he isn't in there.
He's a good player and an upgrade. Again though, KC is a different beast than any offense you have faced recently.

If Milano back makes McDermott think he can stop KC's passing game and he brings up the safeties, great. I'd prefer that.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:01 AM 01-23-2021
Bills fans going from Allen=Mahomes to Milano is more than a JAG LB showcases the impact being thrown through a table can have on your brain cells. I hope the WWE is taking notes in this thread.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:08 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
He's a good player and an upgrade. Again though, KC is a different beast than any offense you have faced recently.

If Milano back makes McDermott think he can stop KC's passing game and he brings up the safeties, great. I'd prefer that.

... or convinces him to try to cover Kelce 1x1 with a LB. Yes, please do that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:11 AM 01-23-2021
OK...on the flip side the Bills have played far tougher defenses than the Chiefs have and a far tougher schedule in general. Additionally they are the only team that made the playoffs with a strength of victory over .500

Always can flip the coin to show the other side and that goes both ways.
KC has lost ONE GAME in what, the last 15 months? Unless you want to try to count the game in which they rested all their starters.

ONE GAME that they bothered trying to win in well over a year.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:13 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:16 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Smell that?? It’s a blood bath coming. Buckle up Buffalo and batten down the dildos, your season ends tomorrow.
[Reply]
joethomas 10:26 AM 01-23-2021
I generally am positive on the Bills, but they seem like a less powerful version of us in a lot of respects. A lot of the same strengths and weaknesses. Just much earlier in their growth process and less talented in general. It's not like they can't play with us or that we would win 10 times out of 10, I just don't see them winning consistently against us as the teams are constituted now.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:29 AM 01-23-2021
They won't put up 200 yards even if that happens this game, I can promise you that.

Milano is far more than that on this defense...he does it all and frees up Edmunds a lot. He is exceptional at getting through creases and into the backfield which is why the run D is a lot better with him in there. Also our best cover LB against backs and TE. That doesn't mean much against Kelce because he is probably the best TE in football or at worst tied with Kittle, but even if he can win a few routes or make a key 3rd down stop here or there it can be meaningful.

The understated point is that Milano allows the Bills D to play the way they want to play and that they have been used to playing for the last 3 years. He and Edmunds never come off the field. Without him they have to change how they do things and make personnel adjustments they don't want to make in some situations and due to this have to play differently and have the rest of the defense play different roles at times to make up for it.

So while you may not think it is a big deal because he is a small cover 2 LB, we know it is because of how the Bills have to make personnel adjustments and how other player responsibilities change when he isn't in there.
Your defense has feasted on bad or one-dimensional offenses. Fool's gold. The Colts are the only balanced offense they've played recently and they allowed almost 500 yds.

KC's offense has been unstoppable when healthy this year, and it looks like the gang's all here for Sunday. Including a WR who missed the first matchup vs the Bills and makes the offense much more difficult to contain. Oh, and he might be fired up to face his old team.

On the other side, Spags is also good at shutting down one-dimensional offenses. He held Allen to 122 yds and 4.5 per last time without his top corner. Held the entire team to 200 yds.

All the "bold" predictions flying around crack me up. One "expert" predicted Allen to throw for 450. More than twice as many yards as his entire team accumulated vs KC last time AND last week. Good luck with that.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:39 AM 01-23-2021
Every game is different but Mahomes has been on this stage every season he’s played. And it’s not like the Bills don’t surrender points. If a Phillip Rivers-led Colts team can hang 27 on you at your place then this Chiefs team at home shouldn’t have problems getting over 35+.

We’ll know tomorrow...
[Reply]
GingaChief 10:49 AM 01-23-2021
Just don't create the game thread early..
[Reply]
carcosa 10:57 AM 01-23-2021

The Bills are going to lose.
[Reply]
notorious 11:05 AM 01-23-2021
Thank goodness the game is less than 36 hours away.

I am tired of listening to a fan base trying to prop their team on here for the last month. Nothing they say will do anything to help the Bills, only the Bills TEAM can earn relevance tomorrow.

It's all been BLAH BLAH fucking BLAH. Put up or shut up tomorrow. FINALLY.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 01-23-2021
245 FUCKING RUSHING YARDS on the Bills last time.

We are going to buttfuck them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 AM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by GingaChief:
Just don't create the game thread early..
JUST GET OUT OF MY WAY
[Reply]
Page 84 of 92
« First < 34748081828384 85868788 > Last »
Up