ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 205
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Jim Jones 03:30 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We've been over repeatedly how his percentages there this year don't tell the story of the situation at all. No need to do it again.
Those percentages tell you he's probably going to miss, and he missed. He missed all five attempts on Sunday. Those percentages seem to pretty accurately reflect how he's currently shooting. Not sure why you keep pretending like they don't.

Originally Posted by :
A wide open jump shot for a player who's proven throughout his career that he can hit that shot consistently is an easy decision and a good decision.
He's proven over the last three months that he can't hit that shot consistently.

Originally Posted by :
You would know better than anybody what a troll is, I think, considering your experience with baseless claims in the Bautista thread and now your ridiculous criticism here.
Coming from a guy who seems to believe that he and Jason Whitlock are smarter than NBA coaches, GM's and players, I'll take your criticism with a grain of salt. You're as big a troll as he is and all I can gather from your tone is that you hate me. Stop buying into overhyped message board narratives.
KC_Connection 03:32 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
Those percentages tell you he's probably going to miss, and he missed. He missed all five attempts on Sunday. Those percentages seem to pretty accurately reflect how he's currently shooting. Not sure why you keep pretending like they don't.
A small sample size doesn't tell me much of anything about how he's going to do going forward compared to his career numbers, nor does it differentiate between open and contested shots. But we've been over this.

Originally Posted by :
Coming from a guy who apparently believes that he and Jason Whitlock are smarter than NBA coaches, GM's and players, I'll take your criticism with a grain of salt. All I can gather from your tone is that you hate me. Stop buying into overhyped message board narratives.
I don't hate anybody. I just acknowledge that LeBron is the best player in the game today and that he made the right play against the Jazz. It's not too hard to do that if you're an objective individual.
Jim Jones 03:38 PM 03-05-2012
A small sample size doesn't tell me much of anything about how he's going to do going forward compared to his career numbers, nor does it differentiate between open and contested shots. But we've been over this.
What's a big enough sample size for you? Haslem started out poorly and has gotten worse as the season has moved along. His minutes have declined and if the Heat are able to acquire any kind of decent frontcourt player at the deadline, his minutes will be cut even more. Everyone seems to realize he's not that good anymore except you.

Originally Posted by :
I don't hate anybody. I just acknowledge that LeBron is the best player in the game today and that he made the right play against the Jazz. It's not too hard to do that if you're an objective individual.
I admit that he's the best player in the game today and I acknowledge that he made a bad decision against the Jazz.

Liking him as a player doesn't have to be an all-in-one thing like you seem to think. You're so defensive about any LeBron criticism that you rush to his defense even in obvious screwups like when he shrivels up in the Finals or makes a dumb decision against the Jazz.

He's a magnificent player, everyone knows that, but he's not perfect.
KC_Connection 03:47 PM 03-05-2012
What's a big enough sample size for you? Haslem started out poorly and has gotten worse as the season has moved along. His minutes have declined and if the Heat are able to acquire any kind of decent frontcourt player at the deadline, his minutes will be cut even more. Everyone seems to realize he's not that good anymore except you.
At least a full season of statistical information. Perhaps a bit longer than that. Any player can go into an extended hot or cold streak in any sport.

Originally Posted by :
Liking him as a player doesn't have to be an all-in-one thing like you seem to think. You're so defensive about any LeBron criticism that you rush to his defense even in obvious screwups like when he shrivels up in the Finals or makes a dumb decision against the Jazz.
No, I defend him when he makes the right basketball decision like he did against the Jazz.

When he "shrivels up" in the Finals, I make posts expressing my disgust in his play like this:

Yep. Most basketball players are arrogant dicks...LeBron, though, he's a pussy for what he's done in this series.
While you may not be capable of objective evaluation of a player that you dislike, I am.
Jim Jones 03:55 PM 03-05-2012
At least a full season of statistical information. Perhaps a bit longer than that. Any player can go into an extended hot or cold streak in any sport.
Even if we assume it's just a cold streak, why ask him to shoot in that situation? The last shot of the game is not the moment to be trying to break someone out of a slump.

Originally Posted by :
While you may not be capable of objective evaluation of a player that you dislike, I am.
I thought I remembered you defending him in the Finals. I didn't want to bother going back to look through your posts. Too much work, but either way I stand corrected.

What about me saying "he's the best player in the world, but that was a bad decision" isn't objective? Even if you disagree with me, how on earth can you possibly say I'm not being objective?
KC_Connection 03:58 PM 03-05-2012
Even if we assume it's just a cold streak, why ask him to shoot in that situation? The last shot of the game is not the moment to be trying to break someone out of a slump.
It's not optimum. It would have been better if Bosh was playing and the one who set the screen. But there's still a basic expectation that Haslem should be able to hit an open shot that he's made a career out of hitting.

Originally Posted by :
I thought I remembered you defending him in the Finals. I didn't want to bother going back to look through your posts. Too much work, but either way I stand corrected.
He was their best player in that series, but he choked at the end.

Originally Posted by :
What about me saying "he's the best player in the world, but that was a bad decision" isn't objective? Even if you disagree with me, how on earth can you possibly say I'm not being objective?
To an extent, yes. Even somebody who dislikes LeBron can admit he's the best player in the game, though. The difference between him and everyone else is quite significant when you get down to it.
Hammock Parties 04:02 PM 03-05-2012

dirk digler 04:10 PM 03-05-2012
The difference between him and everyone else is quite significant when you get down to it.
You are right which means he is held to a different and higher standard.

I know I don't speak for everybody but I want James to prove everyone wrong. I want him to hit the dagger shot in the Finals, I want him to just take over games like he did in Cleveland and just go one on one for the last few minutes of the game. I want him to have the killer instinct like Kobe or Tiger in his prime. I think that is what pisses people off because for some reason it is just not there.

And if I was a Heat fan I would be pissed off today seeing his reaction after the game. He was all laughing and joking around like losing didn't matter. You never saw MJ or even Kobe act like that. It just feeds the perception that he doesn't really want it bad enough.
Hammock Parties 04:11 PM 03-05-2012
I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron win a legit championship.

Good drama.
dirk digler 04:15 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Satanic Goat:

Good drama.
No shit.

I just remember him in Cleveland in the playoffs for the last half of the quarter just go solo and hit shot after shot and it was just 1 vs 5. It was fucking awesome.

Fuck passing to shitty ass Udonis Haslem bs when the game is on the line. Shoot the fucking ball and quit being a fucking pussy
Chiefs Pantalones 05:05 PM 03-05-2012
Is it racist?
chiefzilla1501 07:37 PM 03-05-2012

Good drama.
Fuck that. Good drama would be Cleveland winning a championship before Miami. Never going to happen. But the last thing I want is for lebron to create a model where a superstar can collude to build an empire. There are a million and a half reasons to not want lebron to win a championship. I hope he makes it to the finals every year and becomes the buffalo bills of the NBA. THAT would be drama and comedy at the same time.
RealSNR 07:56 PM 03-05-2012
Derrick Williams is really a different player lately. The game is slowing down for him, and he's getting really confident in his shooting. Pretty exciting to watch him grow like this.
chiefzilla1501 07:58 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by SNR:
Derrick Williams is really a different player lately. The game is slowing down for him, and he's getting really confident in his shooting. Pretty exciting to watch him grow like this.
Was only a matter of time. Kid has some freakish talent.

That team is going to be something else when their young guys start figuring everything out.

But seriously. Another team in the West? Can we please get some decent teams in the East to compete with the Heat?
Hammock Parties 08:32 PM 03-05-2012
The Mavs are showing Westbrook and Durant what defense is tonight. 6-22.
Page 84 of 205
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up