Page 83 of 205
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
L.A. Chieffan 12:55 PM 03-05-2012

Jim Jones 01:58 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
A lot of people agree that Lebron's game is better compared to a bigger/stronger Magic than a MJ.

As for Wade, whatever. Through the first 8 season of their careers Wade had more points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals per game than Kobe and had a higher fg%.
I like Wade as a player, but those numbers are skewed. Wade came into the league as an NBA-ready college junior while Kobe entered fresh out of high school. His first couple of years bring down his numbers in that comparison.
KC_Connection 02:19 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
He reached for a way to write the same article that's been written hundreds of times about LeBron vs. Kobe. You know it if you read the quote.
It's hardly a reach to write about a topic of discussion immediately after the two played a game against each other.

Originally Posted by :
I don't know what else to say to you. You can't differentiate criticism from "dislike" or "hate" and it's really quite confusing.
When the dislike is the primary reason for the criticism, it stands out.

Originally Posted by :
Another thing I've said five times - may have been a good basketball play, but it was a bad DECISION. You'll probably keep ignoring that.
If you're making a good basketball play, by definition, it's a good decision. At least it's a better one than for him trying to take the same difficult, low-percentage contested shot at the buzzer that he's missed so many times before.

Originally Posted by :
Shouldn't that tell you all you need to know about the article you linked?
I posted it because it was topical and a point of discussion in this thread, not for any other reason.
DaKCMan AP 02:31 PM 03-05-2012
I like Wade as a player, but those numbers are skewed. Wade came into the league as an NBA-ready college junior while Kobe entered fresh out of high school. His first couple of years bring down his numbers in that comparison.
If you take out the first 2 years of each player's career and look just at years 3-6, Wade still has more points, assists, blocks, and steals per game than Kobe and still has a higher fg%.
Jim Jones 02:38 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's hardly a reach to write about a topic of discussion immediately after the two played a game against each other.
The topic of LeBron-Kobe isn't a reach. Where did I say it was? I said he reached for an ANGLE to put a different spin on a topic that has been beaten to death.

Do you just ignore the words you quote me saying and then go respond to a completely different question floating around in your head?

Originally Posted by :
When the dislike is the primary reason for the criticism, it stands out.
Maybe that's the case in the prepubescent world you live in where anyone who dares criticize LeBron is just a big old meany who doesn't like him.

LeBron gets heat because he brings it upon himself, but I'd still say it was a bad decision if it was Durant passing out of a double team to Daequan Cook, or Kobe passing out to Ron Artest, or Jordan passing out to Jason Caffey.

Originally Posted by :
If you're making a good basketball play, by definition, it's a good decision. At least it's a better one than for him trying to take the same difficult, low-percentage contested shot at the buzzer that he's missed so many times before.
As we covered pages ago, everything is situational. Passing out of a double team is a good basketball play, but taking everything into consideration that we know about this particular situation, it was not a good decision to pass that ball to Haslem.

LeBron sees more double teams than anyone in the league and he's shooting 55% from the field this year, so how can you possibly say that him rising up and shooting there, or driving to the basket is low percentage shot? Maybe for the average player, but everything is a high percentage shot for LeBron.

Originally Posted by :
I posted it because it was topical and a point of discussion in this thread, not for any other reason.
It's a shock value article that has no merit at all in this thread from a man who very few people respect or give a shit about anymore. It's especially ironic for you to post that after your seemingly never-ending whining about people buying into "overhyped media narratives".
KC_Connection 02:48 PM 03-05-2012
The topic of LeBron-Kobe isn't a reach. Where did I say it was? I said he reached for an ANGLE to put a different spin on a topic that has been beaten to death.
I'm not seeing much of a different spin or angle. It's pretty much the same old debate with a quote thrown in about Kobe supposedly not having rivals.

Originally Posted by :
Do you just ignore the words you quote me saying and then go respond to a completely different question floating around in your head?
If they aren't making any sense, yes.

Originally Posted by :
Maybe that's the case in the prepubescent world you live in where anyone who dares criticize LeBron is just a big old meany who doesn't like him.
If somebody criticizes LeBron without good reason, you can generally assume that person doesn't like him. There are a lot of LeBron haters out there and many of them don't bother to take the time to think objectively about him.

Originally Posted by :
As we covered pages ago, everything is situational. Passing out of a double team is a good basketball play, but taking everything into consideration that we know about this particular situation, it was not a good decision to pass that ball to Haslem.
I disagree entirely. They ended up with a open, higher percentage shot than they would have had otherwise with a contested, lower percentage shot.

Originally Posted by :
LeBron sees more double teams than anyone in the league and he's shooting 55% from the field this year, so how can you possibly say that him rising up and shooting there, or driving to the basket is low percentage shot? Maybe for the average player, but everything is a high percentage shot for LeBron.
If a shot is properly contested, it's always a difficult shot for any player. It's especially difficult for LeBron at the buzzer as he's shown repeatedly throughout his career with his failures.

Originally Posted by :
It's a shock value article that has no merit at all in this thread from a man who very few people respect or give a shit about anymore. It's especially ironic for you to post that after whining for post after post about people believing in "overhyped media narratives".
And yet you reacted to the article, despite apparently not respecting him or giving a shit about him. It seems it had its desired effect.
BIG_DADDY 02:52 PM 03-05-2012
As MJ himself put it "Kobe is the only person that warrants comparison" Comparing wade or LeBron is ridiculous.
BigCatDaddy 02:54 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
As MJ himself put it "Kobe is the only person that warrants comparison" Comparing wade or LeBron is ridiculous.
Exactly. Until one of them can be "the guy" on a team that wins 2 titles they shouldn't be compared.
vailpass 02:58 PM 03-05-2012
Kobe only scores points.
Brady only throws touchdowns.
They obviously both suck.
Jim Jones 02:59 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I disagree entirely. They ended up with a open, higher percentage shot than they would have had otherwise with a contested, lower percentage shot.
EVERYTHING. IS. SITUATIONAL. It's not a higher percentage shot if the guy shooting is putting up a terribly low percentage from that spot on the floor. If LeBron passes out to Wade right there? I'm with you, great play. Haslem? Whether it's a slump or he's just not good anymore, he's playing terrible right now. Either way, bad decision.

Originally Posted by :
And yet you reacted to the article, despite apparently not respecting him or giving a shit about him. It seems it had its desired effect.
Is this your way of admitting that you've just been trolling the entire time? Because all your posts would make a lot more sense in that case.
Jim Jones 03:00 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Dude, what does Michael Jordan know? What do all these countless NBA players, coaches, GM's who put Kobe in a class with the all-time greats know? Certainly not more Jason Whitlock.
dirk digler 03:03 PM 03-05-2012
Did I just read fatass say Kobe is not a good defender? I guess he forgot about his 11 All Defensive Team awards.

Stick to football fatboy
KC_Connection 03:22 PM 03-05-2012
EVERYTHING. IS. SITUATIONAL. It's not a higher percentage shot if the guy shooting is putting up a terribly low percentage from that spot on the floor.
We've been over repeatedly how his percentages there this year don't tell the story of the situation at all. No need to do it again.

Originally Posted by :
If LeBron passes out to Wade right there? I'm with you, great play. Haslem? Whether it's a slump or he's just not good anymore, he's playing terrible right now. Either way, bad decision.
A wide open jump shot for a player who's proven throughout his career that he can hit that shot consistently is an easy decision and a good decision.

Originally Posted by :
Is this your way of admitting that you've just been trolling the entire time? Because all your posts would make a lot more sense in that case.
You would know better than anybody what a troll is, I think, considering your experience with baseless claims in the Bautista thread and now your ridiculous criticism here.
Hammock Parties 03:24 PM 03-05-2012

dirk digler 03:29 PM 03-05-2012
EVERYTHING. IS. SITUATIONAL. It's not a higher percentage shot if the guy shooting is putting up a terribly low percentage from that spot on the floor. If LeBron passes out to Wade right there? I'm with you, great play. Haslem? Whether it's a slump or he's just not good anymore, he's playing terrible right now. Either way, bad decision.
Yep I agree with you. Looking back at the replay it was just a horrible decision and when you see a guy like Rose last night go to the basket multiple times at the end of the half\game it just makes it look worse.

You are Lebron James you don't pass it to Udonis Haslem at the end to win the game. You just don't. It might be alright if it was Bosh, Wade, Chalmers, or Miller but not Haslem or Anthony
Page 83 of 205
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Up