ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 205
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Jim Jones 04:06 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This Kobe vs. LeBron thing has been going on among NBA fans for years now. On basketball boards, you regularly see this debate break out in threads that have nothing to do with the two players. Heck, people have been comparing them frequently in this very thread. The comparison is nothing new, nor is Whitlock really reaching for an angle. He wrote that article, I'm sure, because he knows a ton of people have strong opinions about it.
Of course he's reaching for angle. Don't be so dense. He wrote that article because of the throwaway quote Kobe said the other day about chasing Jordan and Magic. He didn't mean "Those are the only two guys better than me in NBA history", but rather that he's chasing their championships/career accolades. Whitlock read too much into the quote and reached for a crappy article.

Originally Posted by :
Hate, dislike, whatever. It's quite clear that you (and others like you) don't like the guy and are willing to go to ridiculous, unreasonable lengths to criticize him because of it.
How is it clear that I don't like LeBron? Once again, you continue to confuse criticism for dislike/hate. I don't remember what I've said about him in the past, but you apparently did some thorough research on my posting history, so please point out where I've shown "hate" for LeBron in the past?

Originally Posted by :
In real life, I certainly try to defend reason over irrationality, ignorance and delusions like I do here, yes.
You must be fun to have at parties.

Guy at party: Dudes, did you see that game the other night? I can't believe LeBron passed up the game-winning shot.

*KC Connection interjects and goes on a rant about oversimplified media narratives and why human beings go to such great lengths to find ways to criticize LeBron James*
Jim Jones 04:10 AM 03-05-2012
Oh, and I call complete bullshit on you not being a fan of LeBron. If you honestly weren't, then you would be able to keep the topic on basketball without interjecting your whiny bullshit about people "hating" on LeBron in every post you make. You're head over heels for the guy.
okcchief 07:10 AM 03-05-2012
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/L...-legend-030412
You say we are all media sheep now you back yourself up with the media. BTW most of the basketball media I see backup LeBron do you are full of shit on that.
KC_Connection 07:11 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
Of course he's reaching for angle. Don't be so dense. He wrote that article because of the throwaway quote Kobe said the other day about chasing Jordan and Magic. He didn't mean "Those are the only two guys better than me in NBA history", but rather that he's chasing their championships/career accolades. Whitlock read too much into the quote and reached for a crappy article.
You don't have to reach to make a LeBron/Kobe comparison. As mentioned, people have been making it for years. It was just made yesterday in this thread when a Kobe fan compared rings to LeBron.

Originally Posted by :
How is it clear that I don't like LeBron? Once again, you continue to confuse criticism for dislike/hate. I don't remember what I've said about him in the past, but you apparently did some thorough research on my posting history, so please point out where I've shown "hate" for LeBron in the past?
Are you trying to suggest that you do like LeBron now? When you've posted about him, you've only criticized him (in both the NBA Playoffs thread last year and in this thread), and both times it was without any real merit at all. When you chose to interject yourself in this thread to argue about LeBron, it was your first post on this forum in over a month. Knowing all that, it's not too hard to come to the conclusion that you don't like him.

Originally Posted by :
You must be fun to have at parties.

Guy at party: Dudes, did you see that game the other night? I can't believe LeBron passed up the game-winning shot.

*KC Connection interjects and goes on a rant about oversimplified media narratives and why human beings go to such great lengths to find ways to criticize LeBron James*
At times, it can go like that. Of course, sometimes it's not worth getting into an argument with ignorant people when they're clearly wrong. There is such a thing as a lost cause. In your case (which you've shown to me through both your baseless claims about supposed Bautista PED use and your ridiculous, irrational criticism towards LeBron for passing to a wide open shooter out of a double team), it seems we're getting closer to that point.
KC_Connection 07:13 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
You say we are all media sheep now you back yourself up with the media. BTW most of the basketball media I see backup LeBron do you are full of shit on that.
Most media criticize LeBron regularly. Heck, Whitlock has done it often in the past, too. He writes things specifically to garner reactions from his audiences.
KC_Connection 07:20 AM 03-05-2012
Oh, and I call complete bullshit on you not being a fan of LeBron. If you honestly weren't, then you would be able to keep the topic on basketball without interjecting your whiny bullshit about people "hating" on LeBron in every post you make. You're head over heels for the guy.
It seems I've struck a chord here. I thought you were leaving this argument two days ago?

Anyway, you can believe what you want, I guess. I will admit that I love watching LeBron play the game of basketball, though. He's the most talented player I've ever seen (and that includes MJ) and can take over a game in a way that very few in NBA history ever could. But no, I've never liked his personality at all. Because of that, it's easy for me to understand why many people don't like him. It's still a shame, though, when that dislike prevents them from objectively evaluating him (as we're seeing here in this thread).
BIG_DADDY 08:52 AM 03-05-2012
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/L...-legend-030412
Whatever. :-)
L.A. Chieffan 09:20 AM 03-05-2012
jfc
okcchief 12:02 PM 03-05-2012
Most media criticize LeBron regularly. Heck, Whitlock has done it often in the past, too. He writes things specifically to garner reactions from his audiences.
Who listens to Whitlock, Skip Bayless etc? I think the media overall has been behind LeBron. I think people go too far either way. LeBron isn't shit like some people say and he's not perfect as you and DakMan seem to think. He's the most talented player in the game, but he needs to step up in key situations to be compared with MJ, Kobe etc. I'm not saying he won't do it, but I want to see him do it. It does SEEM he avoids the big shot. Again, that is my perception. Maybe he is being unselfish, but if that's the case he needs to stop. Put the game in your hands not Udonis Haslem.
Jim Jones 12:05 PM 03-05-2012
You don't have to reach to make a LeBron/Kobe comparison. As mentioned, people have been making it for years. It was just made yesterday in this thread when a Kobe fan compared rings to LeBron.
He reached for a way to write the same article that's been written hundreds of times about LeBron vs. Kobe. You know it if you read the quote. End of discussion here.

Originally Posted by :
Are you trying to suggest that you do like LeBron now? When you've posted about him, you've only criticized him (in both the NBA Playoffs thread last year and in this thread), and both times it was without any real merit at all. When you chose to interject yourself in this thread to argue about LeBron, it was your first post on this forum in over a month. Knowing all that, it's not too hard to come to the conclusion that you don't like him.
Dude, what does it matter if I do or don't like him? You're acting like such a woman about this. It's not a high school popularity contest, it's just basketball discussion on a message board. I've called him the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD at least five different times in this thread. But let's just ignore that, because these are my first posts in over a month, so that must mean I HATE HIM!! Jesus..

Originally Posted by :
At times, it can go like that. Of course, sometimes it's not worth getting into an argument with ignorant people when they're clearly wrong.
Tell me about it.

Originally Posted by :
He writes things specifically to garner reactions from his audiences.
No shit.
KC_Connection 12:14 PM 03-05-2012
He reached for a way to write the same article that's been written hundreds of times about LeBron vs. Kobe. You know it if you read the quote. End of discussion here.
So he wasn't reaching at all then. He just took the same issue that's been talked about often before (and is being talked about often right now) and went with it because he knew it would be read.

Originally Posted by :
Dude, what does it matter if I do or don't like him? You're acting like such a woman about this. It's not a high school popularity contest, it's just basketball discussion on a message board. I've called him the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD at least five different times in this thread. But let's just ignore that, because these are my first posts in over a month, so that must mean I HATE HIM!! Jesus..
No, but your dislike for him has clearly clouded your judgement and prevented you from being able to objectively analyze his basketball plays. If that's not the case, I can only conclude that you have little-to-no basketball knowledge at all.

Originally Posted by :
Tell me about it.
I have. Still am, actually.

Originally Posted by :
No shit.
For real. Whitlock is a well known as being a troll of a sportswriter.
Jim Jones 12:20 PM 03-05-2012
So he wasn't reaching at all then. He just took the same issue that's been talked about often before (and is being talked about often right now) and went with it because he knew it would be read.
Let me try repeating this again:

He reached for a way to write the same article that's been written hundreds of times about LeBron vs. Kobe. You know it if you read the quote.

Originally Posted by :
No, but your dislike for him has clearly clouded your judgement and prevented you from being able to objectively analyze his basketball plays. If that's not the case, I can only conclude that you have little-to-no basketball knowledge at all.
I don't know what else to say to you. You can't differentiate criticism from "dislike" or "hate" and it's really quite confusing.

Another thing I've said five times - may have been a good basketball play, but it was a bad DECISION. You'll probably keep ignoring that.

Did you happen to catch Haslem's bricked jumpers in his stellar 0-5 game shooting yesterday? The sample size gets bigger and his shooting percentage just gets smaller.

Originally Posted by :
For real. Whitlock is a well known as being a troll of a sportswriter.
Shouldn't that tell you all you need to know about the article you linked?
DaKCMan AP 12:28 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by okcchief:
Who listens to Whitlock, Skip Bayless etc? I think the media overall has been behind LeBron. I think people go too far either way. LeBron isn't shit like some people say and he's not perfect as you and DakMan seem to think. He's the most talented player in the game, but he needs to step up in key situations to be compared with MJ, Kobe etc. I'm not saying he won't do it, but I want to see him do it. It does SEEM he avoids the big shot. Again, that is my perception. Maybe he is being unselfish, but if that's the case he needs to stop. Put the game in your hands not Udonis Haslem.
I think Lebron's perfect?
L.A. Chieffan 12:31 PM 03-05-2012
you guys can argue about lebron all you want. personally i dont think you should compare him to mj or kobe, to me his game emulates magic much more. he couldve been magic 2.0 but magic never lacked the balls to take the game winning shot or shrink away from pressure situations. 5 ships for magic dont hurt either.

the one thing i DO know is wade will never, ever, EVER, be able to sniff kobes jock. mark off another pretender.
DaKCMan AP 12:42 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan:
you guys can argue about lebron all you want. personally i dont think you should compare him to mj or kobe, to me his game emulates magic much more. he couldve been magic 2.0 but magic never lacked the balls to take the game winning shot or shrink away from pressure situations. 5 ships for magic dont hurt either.

the one thing i DO know is wade will never, ever, EVER, be able to sniff kobes jock. mark off another pretender.
A lot of people agree that Lebron's game is better compared to a bigger/stronger Magic than a MJ.

As for Wade, whatever. Through the first 8 season of their careers Wade had more points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals per game than Kobe and had a higher fg%.
Page 82 of 205
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up