ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 205
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
staylor26 07:37 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The guy was carrying an AR15 like rifle, then killed people.

What do you think would have happened if it was a 17 year old Black kid? Do you really think he walks away unharmed?

Obviously, we're never, ever going to agree on this subject so it's time to put it to rest.
If that 17 year old black kid surrendered peacefully he’s still going to make it out alive 99.9% of the time.

Black men have been arrested with guns after killing people before. It’s not like this has never happened.

A common theme in almost all of these cases, justified or not, is resisting arrest.
DaneMcCloud 07:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'know Dane - I indulged in the Chop thread your claims that "Hey, I'm not like my neighbors, I'm just informing you poor, ignorant midwestern rubes as to how the world works..." for the sake of discussion.
You "indulged" me, eh? Wow, I'm SO FUCKING HONORED.

You live in a dopey small college town, yet you think you have America's answers in your back pocket, while your stupid college town is yet again embroiled in controversy of their own making.

Good luck with all that.
htismaqe 07:39 PM 08-26-2020
There's a huge disconnect going on that I don't think will be resolved until White people acknowledge the problem and begin to make changes. Otherwise, you're going to see more and more players and more and more leagues boycotting and protesting.
I would argue the disconnect is much larger than just white people acknowledging the problem.

First, EVERYBODY needs to acknowledge the problem. Otherwise we're not talking about equality, we're talking about capitulation.

Second, I can show you examples of leaders in the black community on Twitter saying that NO AMOUNT of acknowledgement will ever be enough. I've seen them say things like "being nice doesn't make you not racist. Being nice might actually make you racist".

The divide is much, much larger than just white people moving the needle.
DJ's left nut 07:40 PM 08-26-2020
That's fine - we can agree to disagree, on basically every social issue.

But don't fucking tell me that a Black man deserved to be shot 7 times when a 17 year old White kid murdered people in cold blood last night and the cops didn't fire a single bullet at him.

Justify that one. Thanks in advance.
Did he shoot at the cops? Were the cops advised that HE was the person they were after?

As to 'deserved' - again, this is just such a bizarre argument and it defies all psychological study that's ever been done on this subject. This has been looked into 100 times over - I'd bet any amount of money that the officer involved would've said he fired maybe 3 or 4 times if he were asked. And he'd have had no idea if he hit the guy if he was still struggling to reach under the seat at the time.

These shootings are virtual black-out conditions under those kind of fight/flight situations for the people involved. They rarely actually hit anything, they rarely have any idea how many times they pulled the trigger. That's why they aren't trained to shoot to wound - they won't hit anything. They also used to be taught to empty the mag because again - people under that kind of adrenaline rush simply lose spacial understanding.

Y'know who can do that a little better? Soldiers. Because the training is designed to simply break them down and rebuild them into processors. Y'know why we don't train officers that way? Because the training is designed to simply break them down and rebuild them into processors. You can't have officers on the streets trained that way and so you do the best you can. You lean into community policing models that DON'T emphasize that kind of training because 99 times out of 100 it will yield a better outcome in law enforcement environments.

Hey - in this one instance, a trained special operator probably puts two into his shoulder and we're done here. I mean...we'd still be rioting and that guy would be a vaguely terrifying cop - but least he'd have only shot the rapey cop fighter a couple of times.

This has been researched ad nauseaum. And the argument over the number of shots fired has been beaten to death. ESPECIALLY if your argument has pivoted from 'a white guy wouldn't have been shot' to 'a white guy wouldn't have been shot as often'

It requires that one have done zero study on the subject.
DaneMcCloud 07:42 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If that 17 year old black kid surrendered peacefully he’s still going to make it out alive 99.9% of the time.

Black men have been arrested with guns after killing people before. It’s not like this has never happened.

A common theme in almost all of these cases, justified or not, is resisting arrest.
So let's see, if Black man showed up in Kenosha last night with an AR15 and killed people, all he would need to do is turn himself in to the police and stand trial for murder.

Got it. I'm sure no harm would have come to him, whatsoever.
DJ's left nut 07:43 PM 08-26-2020
The guy was carrying an AR15 like rifle, then killed people.

What do you think would have happened if it was a 17 year old Black kid? Do you really think he walks away unharmed?

Obviously, we're never, ever going to agree on this subject so it's time to put it to rest.
He was walking the streets with literally dozens of other armed white people. He made no aggressive movements and at that moment presented no indication to the officers that he was any more likely to be a threat (or a perp) than a dozen people they drove past.

If it was a 17 yr old black kid in the street with a dozen other 17 armed black kids and a thick fog of war - no, I don't think he's shot. I think he's probably detained...but I think it's just damn weird generally that this white kid wasn't detained if for no other reason than securing the scene and potential witnesses.

That wasn't racism - it was shoddy police work.
DJ's left nut 07:44 PM 08-26-2020
You "indulged" me, eh? Wow, I'm SO FUCKING HONORED.

You live in a dopey small college town, yet you think you have America's answers in your back pocket, while your stupid college town is yet again embroiled in controversy of their own making.

Good luck with all that.
I indulged your bullshit claims that you were somehow anything other than a half-cocked, regurgitating leftist who will repeat what he's told, yes.

Not sure why, really. I've seen your 'efforts' in the COVID thread.
Mecca 07:47 PM 08-26-2020

Vince Carter takes his phone and ID with him when he checks the mail at the bottom of his driveway, in case a patrolling cop drives by. (Via @GetUpESPN) pic.twitter.com/2dneAaU2N5

— The Undefeated (@TheUndefeated) August 26, 2020

Cause this is a totally normal way to live eh?
htismaqe 07:49 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Cause this is a totally normal way to live eh?
I have my phone and ID on me when I check the mail. This seems a little overdramatic.
DJ's left nut 07:50 PM 08-26-2020
So let's see, if Black man showed up in Kenosha last night with an AR15 and killed people, all he would need to do is turn himself in to the police and stand trial for murder.

Got it. I'm sure no harm would have come to him, whatsoever.
If a white guy being arrested for sexual assault of a minor and domestic assault had fought off 3 officers, shrugged off a taser, brandished a weapon, ignored lawful orders and reached into a vehicle with kids in it, would it have been unreasonable to have shot him, Dane?

Would that have been an unjustified shooting in your world? Should those officers be arrested and charged with attempted murder?
DaneMcCloud 07:51 PM 08-26-2020
I indulged your bullshit claims that you were somehow anything other than a half-cocked, regurgitating leftist who will repeat what he's told, yes.

Not sure why, really. I've seen your 'efforts' in the COVID thread.
Oh, you can take your verbosity and go fuck yourself.

You're just another small town asshole who doesn't realize that while you're a big fish in a small pond, you wouldn't last a minute in the real world because you're too mentally fragile to deal.
htismaqe 07:54 PM 08-26-2020
Seriously, it took me all of 5 minutes to discover Vince Carter owns a $10M, 13-bedroom gated mansion in Florida.

He could have talked about getting pulled over or something but going to get the mail? He's gonna have to try harder than that.

EDIT:

Another 30 seconds and I found this:

"Vince Carter owns a property in Isleworth, Florida with a market value of $9.9 million. The property features 16 bedrooms. In 2001, he purchased another central Florida home for $2.2 million. Extensive construction was done on the 10-acre plot of land, and Carter was left with a 29,000-square-foot property that once hosted a $30,000-per-person fundraising dinner for Barack Obama. These renovations raised the property value to $14.3 million as of 2014. In 2001, he purchased a waterfront, penthouse condo with ten bedrooms in Toronto for $2.75 million."
DJ's left nut 07:57 PM 08-26-2020
Oh, you can take your verbosity and go fuck yourself.

You're just another small town asshole who doesn't realize that while you're a big fish in a small pond, you wouldn't last a minute in the real world because you're too mentally fragile to deal.
Uh huh.

Real wilting daisy, I am. You caught me.
ThaVirus 07:58 PM 08-26-2020
Y'know who can do that a little better? Soldiers. Because the training is designed to simply break them down and rebuild them into processors. Y'know why we don't train officers that way? Because the training is designed to simply break them down and rebuild them into processors. You can't have officers on the streets trained that way and so you do the best you can. You lean into community policing models that DON'T emphasize that kind of training because 99 times out of 100 it will yield a better outcome in law enforcement environments.
Aren't a lot police ex-military?
petegz28 08:00 PM 08-26-2020
Uh huh.

Real wilting daisy, I am. You caught me.
Fuckin' hillbilly fuck! You don't know what it's like in "The Wood"!!!
Page 186 of 205
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Up