ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 61
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:59 PM 04-14-2021
The closer we get the more i feel like we stay at 31 and move up in round 2 for stone or little. Or trade back into the early second with 31. I see Veach and andy liking a raw guy that they think will be their guy for years to come not just the guy who is most ready to play LT right now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:15 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
The closer we get the more i feel like we stay at 31 and move up in round 2 for stone or little. Or trade back into the early second with 31. I see Veach and andy liking a raw guy that they think will be their guy for years to come not just the guy who is most ready to play LT right now.
Yeah makes a lot of sense to me too.

Then it’s either DE or WR at 31. I lean DE.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:16 PM 04-14-2021
I would think with a screwed up 2020 college season. Drafting could be real bad for some poor drafting teams.
[Reply]
TEX 02:27 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Sure, but if that's the case, they'll need a stop-gap until he's ready.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:48 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
I would think with a screwed up 2020 college season. Drafting could be real bad for some poor drafting teams.
Probably makes the argument for trading picks for proven players more sound this year than ever. Although there hasn’t been much of that so far.

Guessing teams are more afraid to take those picks on in a trade than usual, too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:06 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Probably makes the argument for trading picks for proven players more sound this year than ever. Although there hasn’t been much of that so far.

Guessing teams are more afraid to take those picks on in a trade than usual, too.
It seems to have helped KC so far. Getting Sneed in the 4th and Wharton as a UDFA was absolutely due to less league-wide scouting/exposure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:09 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they think one of them is worth it, go for it. If they don't, don't.

Whatever we or the media think doesn't really matter.
Look, nothing the Chiefs do is going to upset me. I just don't have it in me to dislike things anymore. They won a Super Bowl before I died - everything now is just icing on the cake.

That being said, if Veach and Co. think it's a good idea, in this draft, to give away future draft picks for one of these guys, I have to question how really smart they are. What the media and the fans think DOES matter in this regard. No, we don't have any control over what they do but we're smart enough to know a stupid move when we see one.

Trading away next year's first plus more to go from 31 to 12 would be a stupid move. Period. End of story.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 04-14-2021
And what is this about PS5's? Fucking Gamestop is all sold out.

:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:40 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup. Same here.

The closer we get, I think we end up with Oweh to be honest.
- Frank Clark
- Chris Jones
- Jarran Reed
- Jason Oweh

Yeah, that could do. Take Walker Little in the 2nd and Hunter Long in the 3rd, and we're on a muhfuuckin boat.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:46 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
- Frank Clark
- Chris Jones
- Jarran Reed
- Jason Oweh

Yeah, that could do. Take Walker Little in the 2nd and Hunter Long in the 3rd, and we're on a muhfuuckin boat.
Tommy Tremble, you heathen.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:49 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Tommy Tremble, you heathen.
Ok, you Irish homer bastard. You've suffered long enough without the Chiefs taking an impact Irish player....Tremble it is! Make it so!

(now I really do hope it happens, lol)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ok, you Irish homer bastard. You've suffered long enough without the Chiefs taking an impact Irish player....Tremble it is! Make it so!

(now I really do hope it happens, lol)
It’s my luck that Eichenberg isn’t athletic enough to play LT the one year we need one and are in a position to take him.

There are a couple of Irish players I’d be happy with them taking this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:57 PM 04-14-2021
I'm not holding my breath on a TE. I don't know why they seem to think trotting out crap at the TE2 position is a good idea but they do it every year, without fail.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:04 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Look, nothing the Chiefs do is going to upset me. I just don't have it in me to dislike things anymore. They won a Super Bowl before I died - everything now is just icing on the cake.

That being said, if Veach and Co. think it's a good idea, in this draft, to give away future draft picks for one of these guys, I have to question how really smart they are. What the media and the fans think DOES matter in this regard. No, we don't have any control over what they do but we're smart enough to know a stupid move when we see one.

Trading away next year's first plus more to go from 31 to 12 would be a stupid move. Period. End of story.
HELL YES IT WOULD!

With our current cap and upcoming, we need to draft well from here on out! We need picks, cheaper talented players with controlling years of service!
[Reply]
RunKC 04:08 PM 04-14-2021
FWIW this is what Matt Miller has been hearing.

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City — Last year, a source in Kansas City told me their priority would always be “protecting Patrick and supporting Patrick”. They did the latter in the 2020 1st round with running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire. They’ll do the former in Round 1 this year. Barring a shocking value being available at No. 31 overall, expect the Chiefs’ pick to be an offensive tackle in Round 1.
Also said Chargers want a LT and edge, Denver looking to trade up for a QB and Raiders want force in the middle of the field (ND LB)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 61
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up