ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 386
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:40 AM 04-23-2019
No question Winterfell gets run over. I don't think they get rescued by anyone, though. I think they just run, which is what Sansa's talking about in the trailer for next week. "The most heroic thing we can do now is look the truth in the face". That truth being they can't win, and Winterfell itself is not important. That's not what they're trying to save. So they flee Winterfell to survive.

(and I assume, on their way south, meet the Golden Company, which will be a frying pan into fire moment)

Hell, maybe that's how this goes, the battle of winterfell is all of episode 3, and then episode 4 is another battle, with humanity on one side of them, and the dead on the other.

Wouldn't that suck...

Anyway, I think they leave Winterfell the way the Lannisters fled during the fall of Casterly Rock. Although I don't think they're using Winterfell as a distraction the way Jamie did.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
If the NK and ice dragon are going south the Dragons should be able to burn up all the white walkers.
Not with the spearmen chucking.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We don't know if they rest of them can hit anything. They may be like stormtroopers.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:11 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We don't know if they rest of them can hit anything. They may be like stormtroopers.
I am guessing the other generals who control the dead could throw the Spears?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:21 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
No question Winterfell gets run over. I don't think they get rescued by anyone, though. I think they just run, which is what Sansa's talking about in the trailer for next week. "The most heroic thing we can do now is look the truth in the face". That truth being they can't win, and Winterfell itself is not important. That's not what they're trying to save. So they flee Winterfell to survive.

(and I assume, on their way south, meet the Golden Company, which will be a frying pan into fire moment)

Hell, maybe that's how this goes, the battle of winterfell is all of episode 3, and then episode 4 is another battle, with humanity on one side of them, and the dead on the other.

Wouldn't that suck...

Anyway, I think they leave Winterfell the way the Lannisters fled during the fall of Casterly Rock. Although I don't think they're using Winterfell as a distraction the way Jamie did.
there is no way there is a big battle in episode 4 without Spago directing. He’s directing episode 5.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 04-23-2019
I’ve brought this up without comment from anyone. Am I missing something?

Where are the Dorthraki? We see the Kings guard. But where’s the rest of them? Didn’t show any of them arriving but a handful. No shots of them preparing for battle. No shots of their encampment. That can’t be an oversight by D&D or the director. Are they going to meet the Golden company? Varys birds would have known of their pending arrival before Jamie breaks the news.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:38 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
eDave triggered.
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:53 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve brought this up without comment from anyone. Am I missing something?

Where are the Dorthraki? We see the Kings guard. But where’s the rest of them? Didn’t show any of them arriving but a handful. No shots of them preparing for battle. No shots of their encampment. That can’t be an oversight by D&D or the director. Are they going to meet the Golden company? Varys birds would have known of their pending arrival before Jamie breaks the news.
They are there. You just won't see them till they square off in the field with the dead.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:04 PM 04-23-2019
On the map table, the Dothraki were the tip of the spear. The northernmost forces, the first guys to face the undead. Part of the reason I think Jorah's going to die, although I think it'll be after they've retreated to Winterfell and he's trying to protect Lyanna Mormont from herself.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Huh.

You know what? You’re right. There is some hellacious girl power narratives that you could read into the story. But it doesn’t even come up because the story is good.
Agreed. I'm certainly not complaining. The emasculation of Jamie is a bit of a bummer though. I'm guessing some do-the-right-thing hero spot is queued up for him, but I'm hoping he's still got something dastardly in him yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:06 PM 04-23-2019
Jamie has not been emasculated in any way, shape or form.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:06 PM 04-23-2019
I might need to go back and rewatch, but supposedly during Pods song they were shining a blue light on some of the characters, and people think they are dying the next episode.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:08 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I might need to go back and rewatch, but supposedly during Pods song they were shining a blue light on some of the characters, and people think they are dying the next episode.
Meh, I always think that kind of stuff is silly. Why would a director have any motivation to spoil stuff with something like that?

It's like the people who thought Captain Marvel randomly said "I have telepathy" in a whisper in the trailer. No way in hell do they spoil stuff like that just for the giggles of an easter egg.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:12 PM 04-23-2019
+1
[Reply]
DaFace 04:18 PM 04-23-2019
Apparently masculinity is measured in fucking sisters and crippling kids? :-)
[Reply]
Page 209 of 386
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213219259309 > Last »
Up