ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 329 of 2694
« First < 229279319325326327328329 3303313323333393794298291329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:58 AM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Wow Terrell Owens almost became a Chief 3 years ago. Reid wanted him here but Dorsey said what scared him was his age not the PR nightmare. Reid wanted him here but Dorsey didn't.
You heard this from?
[Reply]
penbrook 12:00 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
You heard this from?
TO was on Schefters podcast earlier today
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 07-25-2017
You heard this from?
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...as-city-chiefs

A couple years ago, I reached out to my former coach Andy Reid with the Chiefs and being that he wasn’t - that was the year that he had relinquished some of his title of being GM and he was primarily the head coach.

“John Dorsey was the guy. I reached out to him and he asked me why did I want to play and I was like, ‘Because I really feel I have the ability to play at a high level’. Considering how the receivers fared out the last couple of years there’s no doubt that I could have played.

“We had a candid conversation and he basically said, ‘You know what let me assess my guys in training camp and see what we got’. We were very open and candid about it. He basically just said, ‘Let me see what we got and I’ll get back to you’. I’m like, cool, so I continue to work out. They went through OTAs, minicamp, training camp and so he did get back to me and he basically said, he’s like, ‘I’m gonna be honest with you, you know what’s scaring me?’ And I’m like, ‘What, the PR nightmare or the PR aspect of it?’ And he’s like, ‘No, your age’. I just looked at my phone and I’m like are you serious. And he said, ‘Yeah, your age scares me’. Other than that, that was probably the closest I’ve even gotten to getting on a team.”

He probably should be concerned about his age. TO is 43 today. He said this took place two years ago but from all the context it seems like it really happened in 2013 when he was turning 40.

“Andy Reid didn’t really have any concerns,” TO continued. “He was like if it were up to me I would give you the benefit of the doubt because he knows me on a personal level. I played in a Pro Bowl where he was the coach, obviously I played a season there, he knows who I am. He knows everything that happened with that fallout with the Eagles so that wasn’t really a concern. I talked to John and that’s what he said his concern was.”
[Reply]
penbrook 12:04 PM 07-25-2017
You heard this from?
Here’s something that’s new to me: Terrell Owens tried to become a Kansas City Chief a few years ago. TO was on the Adam Schefter podcast earlier when he was asked how close he’s come to playing in recent memory. Check out his story:

“A couple years ago, I reached out to my former coach Andy Reid with the Chiefs and being that he wasn’t - that was the year that he had relinquished some of his title of being GM and he was primarily the head coach.

“John Dorsey was the guy. I reached out to him and he asked me why did I want to play and I was like, ‘Because I really feel I have the ability to play at a high level’. Considering how the receivers fared out the last couple of years there’s no doubt that I could have played.

“We had a candid conversation and he basically said, ‘You know what let me assess my guys in training camp and see what we got’. We were very open and candid about it. He basically just said, ‘Let me see what we got and I’ll get back to you’. I’m like, cool, so I continue to work out. They went through OTAs, minicamp, training camp and so he did get back to me and he basically said, he’s like, ‘I’m gonna be honest with you, you know what’s scaring me?’ And I’m like, ‘What, the PR nightmare or the PR aspect of it?’ And he’s like, ‘No, your age’. I just looked at my phone and I’m like are you serious. And he said, ‘Yeah, your age scares me’. Other than that, that was probably the closest I’ve even gotten to getting on a team.”

He probably should be concerned about his age. TO is 43 today. He said this took place two years ago but from all the context it seems like it really happened in 2013 when he was turning 40.

“Andy Reid didn’t really have any concerns,” TO continued. “He was like if it were up to me I would give you the benefit of the doubt because he knows me on a personal level. I played in a Pro Bowl where he was the coach, obviously I played a season there, he knows who I am. He knows everything that happened with that fallout with the Eagles so that wasn’t really a concern. I talked to John and that’s what he said his concern was.”

I must say, covering TO would be a blogger’s dream.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:04 PM 07-25-2017
Wow Terrell Owens almost became a Chief 3 years ago. Reid wanted him here but Dorsey said what scared him was his age not the PR nightmare. Reid wanted him here but Dorsey didn't.

Audio recording and upload >>
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:06 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
So after 12 years..... Alex Smith' if "finally" going to play up to his contract and at an NFL level?

That's funny...
The pieces of the puzzle are finally there for him. The OL is the best he's had and Tyreek will be catching 20 yard bombs. BUT the main factor is he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because of Mahomes. I seriously doubt he's going to let Kapernack #2 take his job without a fight.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:08 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...as-city-chiefs

A couple years ago, I reached out to my former coach Andy Reid with the Chiefs and being that he wasn’t - that was the year that he had relinquished some of his title of being GM and he was primarily the head coach.

Here’s something that’s new to me: Terrell Owens tried to become a Kansas City Chief a few years ago. TO was on the Adam Schefter podcast earlier when he was asked how close he’s come to playing in recent memory. Check out his story:

“A couple years ago, I reached out to my former coach Andy Reid with the Chiefs and being that he wasn’t - that was the year that he had relinquished some of his title of being GM and he was primarily the head coach.

I must say, covering TO would be a blogger’s dream.
Neat. Thanks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:10 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
BUT the main factor is he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because of Mahomes. I seriously doubt he's going to let Kapernack #2 take his job without a fight.
Setting expectations for Smith to exceed his prior production is a fool's errand.

Alex Smith will be the same guy he's always been or he'll regress. I have a hard time seeing him elevate his game.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:12 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I may be actually more excited for training camp/preseason than the actual season.
Me too because our linebackers will be healthy then
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 07-25-2017
The pieces of the puzzle are finally there for him. The OL is the best he's had and Tyreek will be catching 20 yard bombs. BUT the main factor is he will be playing with a chip on his shoulder because of Mahomes. I seriously doubt he's going to let Kapernack #2 take his job without a fight.

Record and upload audio >>
[Reply]
dls6501 12:15 PM 07-25-2017
If Alex puts together the best year of his career because he has a rookie waiting in the wings, I think that actually says a lot about his character as a player.

Playoff games and competing for a title arent enough motivation to elevate your game? Its being scared of losing your job?

That would mean Alex had another gear in him all along, but he was too scared to bring it out.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 12:27 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
If Alex puts together the best year of his career because he has a rookie waiting in the wings, I think that actually says a lot about his character as a player.

Playoff games and competing for a title arent enough motivation to elevate your game? Its being scared of losing your job?

That would mean Alex had another gear in him all along, but he was too scared to bring it out.
Who gives a shit? Seriously? If Alex Smith has a great season, it's a win for the Chiefs and that's all I give a shit about.

Save the psychoanalysis bullshit.
[Reply]
DaWolf 12:30 PM 07-25-2017
Setting expectations for Smith to exceed his prior production is a fool's errand.

Alex Smith will be the same guy he's always been or he'll regress. I have a hard time seeing him elevate his game.
Agreed. I think even Reid thought that they could coach some of the conservative out of him then realized that it just wasn't going to happen, leading to his "I wish we could have gotten him earlier in his career to coach him up" comment prior to drafting Mahomes.

Only thing I could see happening is that Reid, Nagy, and Chilly figured out what didn't work last year and throw it out, go back to what they know works and also figure out a way to get his legs involved in the game plan again like a couple of years ago, so he can have a better year than last year. But other than that, I don't see where he goes up, especially without Maclin...
[Reply]
dls6501 12:33 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Who gives a shit? Seriously? If Alex Smith has a great season, it's a win for the Chiefs and that's all I give a shit about.

Save the psychoanalysis bullshit.
I am all for Alex balling out this year and competing for a title. It would be great. It would make the last 4 years of crap worth it. Would just be ridiculous that he had this next level in him the whole time and it took being scared to lose his job to bring it out of him.

Sorry if I like competitors.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:37 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
I am all for Alex balling out this year and competing for a title. It would be great. It would make the last 4 years of crap worth it. Would just be ridiculous that he had this next level in him the whole time and it took being scared to lose his job to bring it out of him.

Sorry if I like competitors.
So if he balls out you are not going to like him as a person but he plays like he has the past four years you won't like him either?

Well I am sure he is heartbroken but lets just hope he plays well.
[Reply]
Page 329 of 2694
« First < 229279319325326327328329 3303313323333393794298291329 > Last »
Up