ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What are the odds of a Chris Jones fine/suspension?
TLO 03:22 PM 01-25-2021

I guess I would assume a fine is coming, but what about a suspension? I'm not sure what the standard punishment for punching a guy is.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:33 PM 01-25-2021
That flop was so good, 76 should've gone into concussion protocol
[Reply]
PHOG 03:33 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Sure, but there's a difference between being chippy and hitting a dude in the head with a closed fist. He could have broken his hand on the fat Bills helmet!
Lol I hadn't thought about that. Damn it Jones!
[Reply]
SupDock 03:33 PM 01-25-2021
To be honest, the more I look at it, the more it looks like a push rather than a punch. The lineman has his arm held, and jones initially puts his hand on the should pad, his hand slips off the shoulder pad and hits the helmet.

Beat me to it

Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Also of note he was hitting him in the shoulder and slipped to the head. He wasnt intentionally hitting him in the head.

[Reply]
Molitoth 03:36 PM 01-25-2021
Deserves a fine for being a dumbass.

Doesn't deserve a suspension unless the NFL wants a better shot at Brady winning again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:36 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes the fat Bill flopped - but he would have been ejected if the refs saw it happen live.
I honestly don't see the flop, looks to me like his legs legit gave out

If the NFL insists on taking a game or two from him, they damn sure better do it next year
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 01-25-2021
Even if he does get a suspension, it won't be for the Super Bowl. Precedent suggests it would be the first game of next year, IIRC.
[Reply]
TEX 04:03 PM 01-25-2021
IMO, I don't think that he knew that #60 (Morse) was the guy who pushed him on his shoulder, he was just throwing a punch to where he thought the contact to his shoulder him came from. Should not have done it, but I get where he was coming from. Regardless, he deserves a fine for being stupid.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:06 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even if he does get a suspension, it won't be for the Super Bowl. Precedent suggests it would be the first game of next year, IIRC.
Yeah, true. Hadn't thought about it.

And even if they TRIED to suspend him for the Super Bowl, he could just file an appeal and wait to have it heard before a board for a hearing. If I recall correctly with the new CBA, the commish doesn't have unilateral control over discipline and suspensions anymore. I believe they changed that protocol.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:06 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That flop was so good, 76 should've gone into concussion protocol
That is no shit.
[Reply]
TLO 04:08 PM 01-25-2021
I've watched the gif like 100 times now.

50 of them I see him make contact with the shoulder.
50 of them I see contact with the helmet

Something nobody has mentioned yet is I think Jones actually trips the fat Bill with his left leg.
[Reply]
TLO 04:09 PM 01-25-2021
Actually I'm not sure what he's doing with his left leg tbh..
[Reply]
morphius 04:09 PM 01-25-2021
The other images of this showing 76 turning away and turning back really hast with his hand going towards Jones side. I'd love to see another view to see if he actually takes a cheap shot at him there and this is retaliation. I'm not sure that it is, I just would like to see the video.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:11 PM 01-25-2021
It's funny that Mitch Morse is the other guy in that clip...He knows Jones...probably was trying to bait him all game.
[Reply]
TLO 04:13 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
The other images of this showing 76 turning away and turning back really hast with his hand going towards Jones side. I'd love to see another view to see if he actually takes a cheap shot at him there and this is retaliation. I'm not sure that it is, I just would like to see the video.
He does seem to have Jones' arm held. I wish the gif was longer so we could see the lead up to what happened.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:13 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I also think that the punch was not what knocked him down, rather it was Jones' huge schlong...but you'd need another angle to be sure...:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up