ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3386 of 3903
« First < 2386288632863336337633823383338433853386 33873388338933903396343634863886 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC Dan 05:44 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every major vaccine roll out in the USA was done with pop up vaccine sites. We are not even considering them. We have millions of vaccines gathering dust. We have millions of willing arms waiting to get that vaccine. I'm not seeing any urgency to get us vaccinated ASAP by anyone involved.
State and local govt's that are responsible for the rollout are incompetent. They've had over 6 months to prepare for this and either didn't or have no clue how to efficiently vaccinate their citizens. I also tend to believe that the power and control over their populations is too attractive to give up this delaying the rollout.

They are getting vaccine stock in a slow enough schedule from the drug companies that they should be able to keep up. So either they are all incompetent idiots or doing the slow roll in purpose too maintain their power.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:00 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
State and local govt's that are responsible for the rollout are incompetent. They've had over 6 months to prepare for this and either didn't or have no clue how to efficiently vaccinate their citizens. I also tend to believe that the power and control over their populations is too attractive to give up this delaying the rollout.

They are getting vaccine stock in a slow enough schedule from the drug companies that they should be able to keep up. So either they are all incompetent idiots or doing the slow roll in purpose too maintain their power.
I`ll stay away from the blame game as to keep this apolitical but i agree the responsibility falls on the City or County, whichever is in charge of local public health in your given area. After that you roll up to the State level. But yes, your local health department is initially responsible to implement who/what/where vaccinations occur.
[Reply]
KC Dan 06:17 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I`ll stay away from the blame game as to keep this apolitical but i agree the responsibility falls on the City or County, whichever is in charge of local public health in your given area. After that you roll up to the State level. But yes, your local health department is initially responsible to implement who/what/where vaccinations occur.
No politics from me. All of them left or right are scummy incompetent boobs.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:29 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I think many were hoping that wouldn't be the case, though. As others have alluded to, I'm surprised that the national guard isn't heavily involved at least. It just seems like it would be more efficient to have a giant, coordinated effort rather than telling local health departments who are already buried to figure it out.

I know that it's a complicated beast, and it is what it is. Still sucks though.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:22 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The US is a behemoth in terms of size and such. Getting this thing out as fast as we'd like wasn't gonna happen. It's actually going pretty well all things considered. Those numbers are laggy, so I'd guess we've gotten about 6 million total vaccines in arms at this point.

What sucks is with this new variant, now is when we really need to be able to distance and such, but that political will was blown a long ass time ago. There's vaccines so you'd be able to say "we see the end, we need to keep this thing beaten back for a month or so".

But that time has come and past.
Since most if not all of that possible number is only FIRST doses then we haven't really VACCINATED even one person. There are that estimated number that are half vaccinated.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:40 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think many were hoping that wouldn't be the case, though. As others have alluded to, I'm surprised that the national guard isn't heavily involved at least. It just seems like it would be more efficient to have a giant, coordinated effort rather than telling local health departments who are already buried to figure it out.

I know that it's a complicated beast, and it is what it is. Still sucks though.
National guard is supposed to be there for national disasters. Help get water/food into devastated areas. This is a national disaster that effects everyone. We need them sitting up vaccine tents. Bringing in nurses, medics to put the shots into arms.

Let the local health people keep the records. Make the lines and policy about who goes first. Still local control. Come on, those soldiers would love this task. Make a huge difference in people’s lives. Probably their neighbors too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 PM 01-05-2021
No politics from me. All of them left or right are scummy incompetent boobs.
none here either. The same issues are occurring everywhere. The last guy is on his way out, the next guy on his way in. No one seems to be in charge except for incompetent local buffoons or politicians looking for an edge in the next election. Those idiots are in both of the major parties.
[Reply]
KC Dan 08:58 PM 01-05-2021
none here either. The same issues are occurring everywhere. The last guy is on his way out, the next guy on his way in. No one seems to be in charge except for incompetent local buffoons or politicians looking for an edge in the next election. Those idiots are in both of the major parties.
100%!!! When this crap finally settles, I will visit the Gulf Coast and hopefully some of your awesome grilling. I so remember that at the home games.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:00 PM 01-05-2021
100%!!! When this crap finally settles, I will visit the Gulf Coast and hopefully some of your awesome grilling. I so remember that at the home games.
...and Jaggerbombs!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:00 PM 01-05-2021
National guard is supposed to be there for national disasters. Help get water/food into devastated areas. This is a national disaster that effects everyone. We need them sitting up vaccine tents. Bringing in nurses, medics to put the shots into arms.

Let the local health people keep the records. Make the lines and policy about who goes first. Still local control. Come on, those soldiers would love this task. Make a huge difference in people’s lives. Probably their neighbors too.
Maybe we should have them yank people out of their homes and take them to the tents as well?
[Reply]
KC Dan 09:55 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...and Jaggerbombs!
No on the Jager. Last time was after an AC/DC concert in Vancouver BC at a Jager bar and had to fly to Japan for work the next morning. Not good at all...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:08 PM 01-05-2021
No on the Jager. Last time was after an AC/DC concert in Vancouver BC at a Jager bar and had to fly to Japan for work the next morning. Not good at all...
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:44 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...and Jaggerbombs!
we will get you another refreshing beverage. That’s just more Jagerbombs for Me and Stevie. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:13 AM 01-06-2021
https://www.thepitchkc.com/get-your-...RkwahchVjXZctg

Get your place in line for the COVID-19 vaccine in Jackson County (MO) right now

Thanks to an online portal, Jackson County residents can now claim their place in line for COVID-19 vaccinations.

By clicking forward into the Jackson County Vaccine Survey Tool (link is active in the article), you can get your foot in the door for the solution to getting the world back to normal, opening up the economy, and ending the rising death toll. The survey takes less than two minutes, asks only a few basic questions, and then registers you for notification via email/text for the earliest local availability for you to get a passport back to Regular Times.

Please get your name on the list at the earliest opportunity, and make sure to send this link to friends and family in the metro. Let’s finally beat this thing.

We’ll update this piece if new information or registration opportunities become available in the region.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:31 AM 01-06-2021
Just got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

In 10 days I shall be free. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3386 of 3903
« First < 2386288632863336337633823383338433853386 33873388338933903396343634863886 > Last »
Up