« First < 91141181187188189190191
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official Ravens @ Chiefs Gameday Thread****
KurtCobain 11:20 PM 09-21-2019
Home Opener:
Arrowhead, let's make some noise!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:02 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Chris Simms had a good segment on his podcast about the game.

The Ravens out thought themselves, tried to play more like the Chiefs than doing what they do and it just wasn't working.

Said the Chiefs D played fine, did some good things and are just being sound not doing a lot of crazy shit on the back end yet. Which is nice.

It's building so lets just keep it going.
Im gonna disagree with simms. The ravens went for it on 4th down twice because they knew that second possession was critical. They had to score on a long drive to have a shot at winning. When they punted, and we went up 2 scores, Baltimore had no choice but to play outside their style. I don't think they out thought that decision. I don't think they had a choice.
[Reply]
O.city 12:08 PM 09-24-2019
They're built on defense and running the ball.

Trying to get in a shootout with the chiefs and not trusting either of those isn't ideal.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:29 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I know we all hate Judon for his bullshit but I want that to be our players. They hit guys with a purpose and send a message on a lot of hits. The Sammy Watkins 5 yard play was routine and Humphrey took a shot on him.

I wish our defense played like that. We were very timid, especially in the 2nd and 3rd level.

We need an enforcer at LB. Wilson is pretty good but not quite it and Hitchens played like garbage on Sunday.
This.

Biggest weakness on this D IMO = LB. Slow, bad angles, missed tackles, no ferocity. Decent in zone coverage and cover okay in man, but physically dominated by running teams.

The DL is solid. I would like to see more edge pressure, but overall a pretty good corps. Secondary is improved, but we need a playmaker at corner. Hell, we need a playmaker at every level. I think Honey Badger is a playmaker at safety, but we don't really have one a CB. Definitely not at LB. Jones is the playmaker on the DL (wish Frank Clark was as well, but he has been pretty well handled by our opponents thus far).
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
It was a hold that Snead didn't need to make. Held just long enough that breeland tried to turn his shoulders and couldnt, then he let go.
Right.

The coaches asked the NFL to enforce more holding penalties this season, especially backside, away from the play. You could definitely see the holding, even though it was on the far side. There's a backlash now so you won't see them as much going forward. Gotta love the NFL rules.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:44 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Right.

The coaches asked the NFL to enforce more holding penalties this season, especially backside, away from the play. You could definitely see the holding, even though it was on the far side. There's a backlash now so you won't see them as much going forward. Gotta love the NFL rules.
Sneeds hold was right where the RB went.
[Reply]
Page 191 of 191
« First < 91141181187188189190191
Up