ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill Snyder Ruined The Future Of K-State Football
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 11-16-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...184976418.html

:-) Leavitt was a damn good coach at USF and the reason why Colorado turned it around last year as the DC and went to shit when he left. Instead K-State will hire Snyder's unqualified son.
[Reply]
Coach 11:10 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
They dropped like a rock the last time Snyder retired. I don't see any truly quality coaches wanting to come to KSU.
Actually, Prince was pretty solid. Two issues, in my knowledge, were:

1) Prince's ego got the best of him. He did beat Texas, twice, when they were ranked. But losing to KU and/or Nebraska didn't help his case.

2) Inability to hire good OC and DC after his first year. His first year, his OC was James Franklin (PSU's HC) and DC was Raheem Morris (currently in the NFL). After that, while the offense was decent, he did give us Tibesar and arguably the worst defense in K-State history. Never understood why they switched to a 3-4 defense anyways.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:11 PM 11-17-2017
They dropped like a rock the last time Snyder retired. I don't see any truly quality coaches wanting to come to KSU.
Mark Mangino?
[Reply]
Coach 11:19 PM 11-17-2017
That being said, I am not on the Sean Snyder bandwagon. If we were to believe that Bill said that Sean has been running this program since 2015, and from 2015 to current, K-State is 20-16.

Not exactly great news, considering you can make a strong argument that K-State facilities is arguably top 30, at worst, and their recruiting strategy is outdated. On top of that, he has never acquired any offensive or defensive coordinator duties, either at a P5 school, or any Head Coach experience at a mid-major, which is another red flag.

If you were to look at his resume, and take the name "Snyder" out, do you see a resume that is head coach material for a P5 school? I do not.

Unfortunately, my guess that the Sean Error is most likely going to happen, because the K-State administration has no balls to even think outside the box or take risks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:23 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mark Mangino?
Is he even in coaching anymore? Last I knew, he wasn't renewed as ISU's OC.
[Reply]
Coach 11:25 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mark Mangino?
I think Mangino is happily retired. Haven't seen him coach any football since he left Iowa State in 2015.

Not to mention, Mangino has a lot of red flags as well. The list below during his time in KU:

- September 21, 2002 at a HS game where he verbally abused the referees in Lawrence.

- The most famous one in 2004, where the "Dollar Signs" between KU and Texas.

- NCAA violations for five major rules violations—including academic fraud—had been committed by some of the football team's student-athletes in 2006.

- The Raimond Pendleton incident.

- A lot of internal investigations was taken against Mangino, which lead to his quiet resignation from KU.

No thank you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:26 PM 11-17-2017
He also wipes his ass with a towel.
[Reply]
Coach 11:26 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is he even in coaching anymore? Last I knew, he wasn't renewed as ISU's OC.
He isn't. He last coached as a OC for ISU, but he was relieved of his position by Paul Rhoades in 2015. Of course, Rhoades got canned after that season was over.
[Reply]
007 11:32 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
Actually, Prince was pretty solid. Two issues, in my knowledge, were:

1) Prince's ego got the best of him. He did beat Texas, twice, when they were ranked. But losing to KU and/or Nebraska didn't help his case.

2) Inability to hire good OC and DC after his first year. His first year, his OC was James Franklin (PSU's HC) and DC was Raheem Morris (currently in the NFL). After that, while the offense was decent, he did give us Tibesar and arguably the worst defense in K-State history. Never understood why they switched to a 3-4 defense anyways.
Ok, they didn't drop like a rock but they definitely became average. In the Big (whatever) average isn't going to cut it.
[Reply]
Coach 11:49 PM 11-17-2017
Ok, they didn't drop like a rock but they definitely became average. In the Big (whatever) average isn't going to cut it.
And that's my fear of what is exactly going to happen under Sean, if not, maybe worse than average.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 AM 11-18-2017
And that's my fear of what is exactly going to happen under Sean, if not, maybe worse than average.
They’ve been pretty average since Colin Kline.
[Reply]
007 12:08 AM 11-18-2017
The really big problem here, if they hire his son, if he is nothing more than average will they have the guts to fire him?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 AM 11-18-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He also wipes his ass with a towel.
:-)

My post was facetious

When the gig came open way back in 2012, I was chatting with Manny and said “Dude! You should be the next KU coach!!!”.

He replied “Charlie Weis got the gig”.

If only Manny...
[Reply]
Coach 12:29 AM 11-18-2017
The really big problem here, if they hire his son, if he is nothing more than average will they have the guts to fire him?
You guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, this whole thing is just a joke. If the KSA decides not to renew his contract or "fired" him, I wouldn't blink an eye. While I understand the possible PR negativity by the "Snyder loyalists", it comes to a point that things just have to end and it's time to move to a different direction.

My preference for the gig would have to be Brent Venables as a clear cut candidate. The reasons why I feel he would be a good choice is as defined below, in no order of importance:

1) He's from Kansas.

2) He's one of the Snyder tree, from 1993 to 1998. I view him more of a Stoops tree, since from 1999 to 2011 where he was a DC in Oklahoma. He's not doing too bad either for Clemson as well.

3) Coordinator experience - The guy has won in all areas in Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Clemson, with Oklahoma and Clemson primarily as a Defensive Coordinator.

4) He's only 46 (turns 47 in December). Oh and he won the Broyles Award in 2016.

I don't know why he hasn't became a head coach yet. Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material. I can only assume that he isn't interested in being a head coach and dealing with politics and/or donors. I also can only assume that he's getting paid $1 million as a DC in Clemson, which is a very chunk of change for a coordinator.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 AM 11-18-2017
Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material.
A lot of these guys just get tired of moving around and chasing “THE job”.

They have wives and kids and dogs. $1 million per isn’t too shabby to stay in one place, if you can.

Things are different when you’re in your mid 40’s than late 20’s or 30’s.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:30 AM 11-18-2017
You guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, this whole thing is just a joke. If the KSA decides not to renew his contract or "fired" him, I wouldn't blink an eye. While I understand the possible PR negativity by the "Snyder loyalists", it comes to a point that things just have to end and it's time to move to a different direction.

My preference for the gig would have to be Brent Venables as a clear cut candidate. The reasons why I feel he would be a good choice is as defined below, in no order of importance:

1) He's from Kansas.

2) He's one of the Snyder tree, from 1993 to 1998. I view him more of a Stoops tree, since from 1999 to 2011 where he was a DC in Oklahoma. He's not doing too bad either for Clemson as well.

3) Coordinator experience - The guy has won in all areas in Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Clemson, with Oklahoma and Clemson primarily as a Defensive Coordinator.

4) He's only 46 (turns 47 in December). Oh and he won the Broyles Award in 2016.

I don't know why he hasn't became a head coach yet. Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material. I can only assume that he isn't interested in being a head coach and dealing with politics and/or donors. I also can only assume that he's getting paid $1 million as a DC in Clemson, which is a very chunk of change for a coordinator.

Everything I've seen re: Venables is that he has no desire to be a HC because of everything involved. He prefers being a coordinator.

Unless he has incredible loyalty/connection to Kansas State, I don't see it. He hasn't had any interest in better jobs with more natural advantages.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up