ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 126
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:51 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Honestly, the disparity between audience and critics is sort of laughable.

I think this is a movie where a critic like Ebert would "get it". He understood that film isn't just an arthouse exercise, and I love the hell out of obscure art films and independent cinema.

Stop trying to square peg a movie for something it was never trying to be.

It's an enjoyable movie with plenty of flaws, and spend 10 minutes watching a few Honest Trailers, and you can see EVERY film has flaws. Life itself is full of flaws and lapses in logic, otherwise the world would be virtually perfect and we'd all have our shit together. But it's not, and we're not, because man is flawed and our stories reflect those lapses.

There's a difference between being a critic and being hypercritical .

The feedback on here is a lot more genuine than the "reviews".

IDK why, but there's part of me that sees the clip below and actually feels bad for Affleck. He'll get over it, I'm sure, but the look on his face is genuine, and you either revel in knocking someone down a peg, or you can empathize with other people - even if it is trivial in the grand scheme of things.

MOS has a 76% positive rating from the audience, The Amazing Spiderman 2 sits at 65%, and so does Spiderman 3, and those are all considered dogs now. Big Superhero movies have a built in support base. It takes an unmitigated disaster to get those into Batman and Robin range. So pointing to audience ratings, especially the early ratings, or to the fan boy reviews here, as more genuine than the critics is ludicrous.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:09 AM 03-26-2016
Seems like most reviews I saw were split but ended up being Rotten. Is it Zack Snyder effect? That said people seem to be enjoying it even the dark and dense movie which seems to be the DC style right now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:24 AM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
:-) didnt see Sound of Silence coming, thats perfect

The reviews arent going to matter anyway, it will still rake in the jack... Ben can comfort himself aboard his yacht off the coast of Ibiza
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 03-26-2016
Batman was fucking shit up. His abrupt change of heart was pretty silly though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:59 AM 03-26-2016
I can see where the bad reviews are coming from though. This movie was fucking boring for about 2/3rds of it. Just exposition and sequel bait.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:07 PM 03-26-2016
I got stupid tickets to see this stupid movie at 4 o'clock matinee.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:11 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I got stupid tickets to see this stupid movie at 4 o'clock matinee.
Lol
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:24 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Batman was fucking shit up. His abrupt change of heart was pretty silly though.
this x1000

Kinda what I was saying earlier. They just threw that together half assed and decided to roll w/ it.

There were other things in that movie that also were just thrown together half assed as well.

Definitely did not like Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. But I had that mindset going into the movie so maybe I'm a bit biased. Bryan Cranston would have made a great Lex Luthor regardless of the Walter White comparisons once he goes bald. That's the kind of power hungry psychotic wreckless behavior I wanted to see, instead I got a wweak minded whiney pathetic little weasel in Eisenberg's performance. Didn't like the studio's choice for Batman (Affleck) from the moment that decision was announced and I still don't like it, but that's not to say he played a bad Bruce Wayne, I just don't like Ben Affleck. Eisenberg on the other hand played a shitty role IMO.

Wonder Woman is really hot though. They didn't do enough on her backstory to really incorporate what her purpose was in the movie. Again, DC/WB/Snyder etc just thew her in there half assed and said "ok this will work". Marvel/Disney is so far ahead of the game in this superhero movies arms race, DC/WB has a lot of catching up to do IMO because they should have done this a long time ago. Marvel has better overall character development across the board, while DC has Batman and Superman and that's about it. No one is really going to care about the WW/Flash/Aquaman movies and IMO, they should have gone w/ doing the character development first like Marvel did w/ first releasing the Hulk, Cpt America, and Ironman movies and then bring them all together in a Avengers or Justice League type movie. Seems like DC got it all backwards.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:31 PM 03-26-2016
I want to yell out "KICK HIS ASS SUPERMAN!"
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:40 PM 03-26-2016
@_flight17_: Loved Batman v Superman. Well done.

Then proceeded to respond to people for awhile after that
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:52 PM 03-26-2016
All this hype and turned out to be a big ol' bag of dicks.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:32 PM 03-26-2016

#BatmanvSuperman is a masterpiece, and the most culturally vital work of art in years.

— Fifth Opinion (@Fifth_Opinion) March 26, 2016

[Reply]
tk13 04:00 PM 03-26-2016
Probably better than the reviews, but it also probably could've been much greater.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:03 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by tk13:
Probably better than the reviews, but it also probably could've been much greater.

Spoiler!
This is exactly what I thought would be the problem

Trying to do too much with one movie

Glad I decided not to go see it in IMAX 3D today, get up at 9am to take the trip and and pay the extra money... all for a hit and miss affair, sounds like a normal viewing at the local theater will do just fine
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:14 PM 03-26-2016
Sounds like I'll be waiting until Redbox.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 126
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109 > Last »
Up