ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 126
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
JD10367 01:28 AM 03-24-2016
So "Batman vs. Superman" was better than I expected, but judging by the trailers I expected a 3 out of 10 and it was more like a 6 out of 10. Batfleck was fine (and, in hindsight, I would've preferred a standalone reboot with just him). Gadot as WW was fine, even though she's a small woman. However, Eisenberg was horribly miscast AND badly written-for, and the FX for Doomsday--while better than they looked in the brief trailer flashes--were not great. The bottom line was that the story had the same problem as "MoS": too much kowtowing to Superman and the story of the character, in a reverential way (much how Peter Jackson directed "LOTR"). And the central plot point of "aliens... terrorists... aliens... terrorists" is already pretty clear, having started with the "X Men" films and now in full force with this film and "CA: Civil War"; it did not need to be belabored for 2 hours of a 2.5-hour film (not to mention some weird dream sequences).
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 03-24-2016
I just can't bring myself to go see this in the theaters. I'm just going to wait until it comes out and I can pick it up at Redbox.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:27 AM 03-24-2016
Snyder did the Dawn of the Dead remake? I fucking love that movie. Best zombie flick ever.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 10:28 AM 03-24-2016
I liked it.

It exceeded my expectations.

In comparison, I would say it is better than Age of Ultron, Thor: The Dark World, but definitely a step below the top tier of Marvel Movies (Guardians, Iron Man, Winter Soldier).

I think the movie did its job...it set up the universe for the future.

It was not the cluster fuck I thought it would be a year ago.

Affleck surprised me. Gadot did really well. I think fans will either hate the way Luthor was portrayed or like it. I liked it overall, it was a departure from how he has been portrayed in the past.

Action and effects are worth seeing on the big screen.

Doomsday reminded me of the the Orc from LOTR.

Like any popcorn movie, if you go in expecting to find flaws you will find them. I tried to keep an open mind (I really was dreading Affleck playing Bats), stayed relatively spoiler free, and I was pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:30 AM 03-24-2016

[Reply]
BWillie 10:37 AM 03-24-2016
So critics hate this movie, RT thinks it sucks. WOW! Who would have thought a movie called "BATMAN vs SUPERMAN" would suck?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:40 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by JD10367:
So "Batman vs. Superman" was better than I expected, but judging by the trailers I expected a 3 out of 10 and it was more like a 6 out of 10. Batfleck was fine (and, in hindsight, I would've preferred a standalone reboot with just him). Gadot as WW was fine, even though she's a small woman. However, Eisenberg was horribly miscast AND badly written-for, and the FX for Doomsday--while better than they looked in the brief trailer flashes--were not great. The bottom line was that the story had the same problem as "MoS": too much kowtowing to Superman and the story of the character, in a reverential way (much how Peter Jackson directed "LOTR"). And the central plot point of "aliens... terrorists... aliens... terrorists" is already pretty clear, having started with the "X Men" films and now in full force with this film and "CA: Civil War"; it did not need to be belabored for 2 hours of a 2.5-hour film (not to mention some weird dream sequences).
I kind of got that same feeling from the trailer. In fact, it infuriated me. I don't know why we want to keep making Superman movies, when nobody cares about him. Just make a movie about Lex Luthor, who is a much more interesting and complex character. Superman can be a backstory in it instead of the focus.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:16 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So critics hate this movie, RT thinks it sucks. WOW! Who would have thought a movie called "BATMAN vs SUPERMAN" would suck?
I've never liked the premise of Superman because he's invincible. Where's the fun in that?

The idea of Batman vs Superman is never one that made sense to me because Batman is mortal. Superman should be able to just pick him up and rip him into two. The fight would last all of a few seconds.

Knowing that, i felt that the movie would have to have some really stupid moments considering that they'd have to dance around the fact that it's not even close to a fair fight.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:20 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Snyder did the Dawn of the Dead remake? I ****ing love that movie. Best zombie flick ever.
This. I'm not much into zombie movies as I think they've been over done. But I really enjoyed that one.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:34 AM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I've never liked the premise of Superman because he's invincible. Where's the fun in that?

The idea of Batman vs Superman is never one that made sense to me because Batman is mortal. Superman should be able to just pick him up and rip him into two. The fight would last all of a few seconds.

Knowing that, i felt that the movie would have to have some really stupid moments considering that they'd have to dance around the fact that it's not even close to a fair fight.
I actually liked the way they handled the fight. Superman is a modern Achilles in a way...and Batman has to find his heel.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 AM 03-24-2016
Total abortion of a movie and Eisenberg is fucking AWFUL
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:05 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I liked it.

It exceeded my expectations.

In comparison, I would say it is better than Age of Ultron, Thor: The Dark World, but definitely a step below the top tier of Marvel Movies (Guardians, Iron Man, Winter Soldier).

I think the movie did its job...it set up the universe for the future.

It was not the cluster fuck I thought it would be a year ago.

Affleck surprised me. Gadot did really well. I think fans will either hate the way Luthor was portrayed or like it. I liked it overall, it was a departure from how he has been portrayed in the past.

Action and effects are worth seeing on the big screen.

Doomsday reminded me of the the Orc from LOTR.

Like any popcorn movie, if you go in expecting to find flaws you will find them. I tried to keep an open mind (I really was dreading Affleck playing Bats), stayed relatively spoiler free, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I'll take that at this point.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:06 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Total abortion of a movie and Eisenberg is fucking AWFUL
Lmao
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:11 PM 03-24-2016
Snyder, Cavill respond to poor reviews. http://batman-news.com/2016/03/24/ba...iew-reactions/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:14 PM 03-24-2016
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

There in lies the problem. The guy's invincible - except for kryptonite. How many stories are compelling where kryptonite is used in some novel way to possibly weaken him?

I saw 8 seasons of it. It was called Smallville.

The original character wasn't a demigod, now it's just hard to find a compelling movie when there's virtually nothing at stake for the hero. The comics can draw out a longer story and plotlines that you just can't do for a $200 million movie.

I wouldn't touch the Superman franchise. Too many expectations, and his character is too cemented in 'this is who he is' unlike others. Batman being a good example.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 126
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Up