ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 126
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:29 PM 03-27-2016
So the thing that activated Cyborg in his cameo was the dc movie universe version of a mother box? I did not realize that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:31 PM 03-27-2016
Snyder on the deleted scenes: http://collider.com/batman-v-superma...-directors-cut
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:41 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How can that be? I thought the movie sucked?
Sometimes shitty movies make money, even big money.
[Reply]
-King- 01:24 PM 03-27-2016
As much as I liked Man of Steel, this movie was one long ass clusterfuck. Wouldn't exactly call it a bad movie, but it's not a good movie by a long shot.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:35 PM 03-27-2016
i truly believe peoples perception of this film will change towards the positive as time goes on. I actually liked they did it this way since this is the beginning of DC's line of movies.. solid base and can only go up from here.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:42 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In many ways, it sounds like they're taking the opposite tack of that of Marvel: Instead of a bunch of standalone movies that lead to The Avengers, BvS and Justice League come before the stand alone films, minus Man of Steel.

I get the feeling that BvS will be viewed as a better film that makes much more sense in 2020.
i didn't read your comment but practically said the same thing haha.
[Reply]
-King- 01:42 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by tk13:
That's along the lines of what I thought.

Spoiler!
This.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 01:57 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by -King-:
This.
Spoiler!
Yeah I'm not sold on this Lex

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:39 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
i truly believe peoples perception of this film will change towards the positive as time goes on. I actually liked they did it this way since this is the beginning of DC's line of movies.. solid base and can only go up from here.
It did that a little too well for me. I was sitting there wishing I was watching the inevitable Batman backstory movie with the Joker and Robin references.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:42 PM 03-27-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 02:51 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:02 PM 03-27-2016
Wonder Woman is rumored to be five thousand years old in the movie universe. She comes from a culture where combat is a central pillar. She's a trained warrior that by her own admission has killed monsters from other worlds before and she has weapons forged by magic. If she's not superman's equal in strength she's not far behind. She just doesn't have some of his other powers, like heat vision and flight.

Basically she's what superman would be if he was a trained warrior...

You've seen in both movies how he's almost solely reliant on his powers. Batman just destroyed him when the kryptonite was active. He doesn't seem to have much of a clue how to actually fight with any technique. So he can beat the he'll out of vanilla humans but has issues in fights against other beings with power, be it zod or doomsday. Which is I hope an intentional choice of the filmmakers and something that changes over time. It's one way to develop a character that is really pretty bland on his own.

Which is also what I think they're trying to do by making Lois his moral compass rather than his parents, one of the things people complain the most about in both movies.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:54 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Wonder Woman is rumored to be five thousand years old in the movie universe. She comes from a culture where combat is a central pillar. She's a trained warrior that by her own admission has killed monsters from other worlds before and she has weapons forged by magic. If she's not superman's equal in strength she's not far behind. She just doesn't have some of his other powers, like heat vision and flight.

You've seen in both movies how he's almost solely reliant on his powers. Batman just destroyed him when the kryptonite was active. He doesn't seem to have much of a clue how to actually fight with any technique. So he can beat the he'll out of vanilla humans but has issues in fights against other beings with power, be it zod or doomsday. Which is I hope an intentional choice of the filmmakers and something that changes over time. It's one way to develop a character that is really pretty bland on his own.

Which is also what I think they're trying to do by making Lois his moral compass rather than his parents, one of the things people complain the most about in both movies.
Which is why i loved the animated series and movies.

they show he always is holding back. Always. I think it was the jla doom movie. Darkseid is attacking. And supes is bleeding and looks and just thanks Darkseid. Thanks him for being the first person that can take it. First person he doesnt have to hold back on. Then supes unleashes his rage from all the years and battles and beats the fuck out of him.

it was enjoyable. It also the reason why jla fails. Because most of their big characters are godlike.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:54 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

The B vs S fight was so cool.

Basically Batman used his wits and when Superman had no powers Batman stomped him.

But when Superman had his powers, Batman got his ass kicked hard
[Reply]
okcchief 05:36 PM 03-27-2016
I was going to avoid this because I didn't like the trailers and the reviews were so bad. My daughter wanted to see it bad so I took her. I enjoyed it for the most part. It was probably a bit too long but I'm surprised it got hammered so hard.
[Reply]
Page 102 of 126
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up