ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Pick ONE center for the all-decade team of the 2010s.
Mitch Morse - 49 Games Played, 49 Games Started 33 26.19%
Rodney Hudson - 51 Games Played, 35 Games Started 54 42.86%
Casey Wiegmann - 32 Games Played, 32 Games Started 33 26.19%
Austin Reiter - 27 Games Played, 20 Games Started 4 3.17%
Write-in - Other 2 1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs All-Decade Team - Center
Rain Man 07:58 PM 02-16-2020
With the end of the decade, it's time for us to select our all-decade team for the 2010s. Credit to Direckshun for the idea; I'm just implementing it.

Here are the rules:

1. I'll put up lists of position groups one at a time.

2. Each list will contain guys who had at least one notable stat line in their career. I'll generally put them in descending order of some key stat.

3. The stats will contain ONLY their body of work between 2010 and 2019 for the Chiefs. No pre-2010 stats and no stats for other teams.

4. The number of roster spots will be the same as the number of roster spots on the 2019 Super Bowl roster for the Chiefs.

5. You can use whatever criteria you want to select the team. It can be total stats for the decade, it can be dominance in a shorter period, it can be playmakers who didn't screw up badly, whatever. It's your call. Feel free to use any criteria not listed in your decision. For example, if you know that Terrance Copper was an amazing blocker, you can build that into your decision.

6. In a subsequent poll we will determine which players are the starters on the all-decade team. In the first round, you're just going to fill the 53-man roster.

Our next position group is center. ONE center will make the all-decade team. So pick ONE center.
[Reply]
scho63 11:40 PM 02-16-2020
When he wasn't concussed, Mitch was excellent.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:53 PM 02-16-2020
Hudson went to the fucking Faiders...he should be dead to us.

Morse for the win.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:55 PM 02-16-2020
Zach Fulton was a VERY underrated C for us when we made that 2015 run after starting the season 1-5.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:26 AM 02-17-2020
Rodney Hudson went to the Raiders fuck him
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:10 AM 02-17-2020
I went Hudson, but am genuinely curious if Morse made it through a full season for Buffalo

Edit - just checked and I’ll be damned, he played all 16 games this year
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:56 AM 02-17-2020
I dont see how you dont vote Rodney Hudson. He was solid as hell, Morse was good but is oft concussed.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:11 AM 02-17-2020
The best by far was Hudson.

Might be a short run but he's still a fucking beast...
[Reply]
wazu 08:01 AM 02-17-2020
Rain Man -

Did you vote for Reiter because he started in the Super Bowl that we won? Can’t think of any other reason, but struggling with this being sole criteria.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:35 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Rain Man -

Did you vote for Reiter because he started in the Super Bowl that we won? Can’t think of any other reason, but struggling with this being sole criteria.
Honestly, I was struggling with this one. I couldn't pick Morse due to the injuries. Hudson seems like the obvious choice and I probably should have voted for him on merit, but ... he went to the Raiders. It's tough for me to vote a guy to the all-decade team when he voluntarily went to the Raiders.

And Wiegman probably should have gotten my vote, but he was a victim of recency bias.

Reiter doesn't have a lot of games, but he's not too far behind Wiegman and only a couple of seasons behind the leaders. He was a rock on a line this year that had a lot of injuries, and he shows good in-play awareness. He made key blocks on a few critical plays this year, pushing someone (Darrel) across the goal line on a touchdown and wiping out a tackler on a screen to Darrel earlier in the year.

Truth be told, I probably should have voted for Hudson or Wiegman, but Reiter just looks so good wearing that ring.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:37 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Zach Fulton was a VERY underrated C for us when we made that 2015 run after starting the season 1-5.
I ended up putting him in the guard category (still to be announced), but recognizing that he played some center and did well.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:41 PM 02-17-2020
the only stat that matters is how many times the step on the qb's leg or fumble the snap
[Reply]
wazu 03:13 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Honestly, I was struggling with this one. I couldn't pick Morse due to the injuries. Hudson seems like the obvious choice and I probably should have voted for him on merit, but ... he went to the Raiders. It's tough for me to vote a guy to the all-decade team when he voluntarily went to the Raiders.

And Wiegman probably should have gotten my vote, but he was a victim of recency bias.

Reiter doesn't have a lot of games, but he's not too far behind Wiegman and only a couple of seasons behind the leaders. He was a rock on a line this year that had a lot of injuries, and he shows good in-play awareness. He made key blocks on a few critical plays this year, pushing someone (Darrel) across the goal line on a touchdown and wiping out a tackler on a screen to Darrel earlier in the year.

Truth be told, I probably should have voted for Hudson or Wiegman, but Reiter just looks so good wearing that ring.
Fair enough. Sounds like you had a better assessment of Reiter than me, but I maybe I've been too tough on him. Until Wisniewski began starting he was dealing with some pretty weak players on both sides of him.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:28 PM 02-17-2020
Did everyone forget Hudson took a while to develop? He was only really good for us in his last season here.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:57 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Did everyone forget Hudson took a while to develop? He was only really good for us in his last season here.
He really only was a starter for 2 seasons. The first season he gave up 3.5 sacks for 11.5 yards and the next (his last with the chiefs) he gave up 3 sacks for 25 yards and had one extra penalty. I remember him fondly from both years though.
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:57 AM 02-18-2020
I had to go with Hudson but I really wanted to go with Wiegmann. I was a fan of his before he came to us late in his career. Would have loved to have had him around longer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up