ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Per PFT, Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for CU Buffaloes job
arrowheadnation 01:47 AM 02-12-2020
I think he stays with the Chiefs for one more year and gets hired by an NFL team next year.

Eric Bieniemy becomes logical candidate for Colorado job after Mel Tucker's reported departure https://t.co/bXS772dS7Q

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
loochy 08:57 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
DON'T DO IT.. Below Es pay grade.
Are you sure? College coaches make a LOT. The top college coaches make significantly more than NFL coaches. My guess is that he currently makes in the high triple digits or low 1 millions. The current CU coach makes $2.4 mil per year (https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/1...loes-contract/). My guess is that a big name like Bieniemy would be able to negotiate even more as a starting point. Continued success could easily drive him higher (https://thebestschools.org/magazine/...llege-coaches/) and college coaching job security is typically a minimum of 4 years barring disaster.

NFL head coaches range from $8 mil to $3.5 mil with pretty weak job security. (http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm)And is he even guaranteed a HC job? If he gets one, will it be for a terrible team with little hope for success, such as the Redskins? Good luck getting another HC gig after that.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:59 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Harbaugh says Hold my beer.
Colorado isn't on the same planet as Michigan
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:01 AM 02-12-2020
I kinda think he wants to take over the reins after Big Red retires in next couple of years. Why not just coach Mahomes to a HOF coaching career with multiple Super Bowls under his belt?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:21 AM 02-12-2020
Ha. No chance.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:23 AM 02-12-2020
EB's next stop will be as a NFL HC. I can't see him taking a step down to Coach the Buffies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:26 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Isn't college a step back, even as a head coach?
This!
Originally Posted by nychief:
Won’t that job kinda always be there for him?
This!
He'll be an NFL head coach next year. If not, he can get a better college job than that place anyway.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:36 AM 02-12-2020

Bill Walsh always said, "if you want to be a head coach, go be a head coach." Eric Bieniemy should take the Colorado job if offered--and show the world, he can be a head coach. There are no perfect jobs--just jobs you make perfect.

— Michael Lombardi (@mlombardiNFL) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 AM 02-12-2020
Very smart by Colorado.

Start here with your coaching search. Why even look elsewhere until he tells you no?

Really just comes down to whether he prefers the college and pro game. I could see him take the job. He seems to really enjoy helping build up young men. I would have to believe he would be a great recruiter.

I don’t think he’ll take it though. I bet he’s back with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:06 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I kinda think he wants to take over the reins after Big Red retires in next couple of years. Why not just coach Mahomes to a HOF coaching career with multiple Super Bowls under his belt?
I think Reid has 5-6 years left. I don’t think Bieniemy waits that long.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:18 AM 02-12-2020

With the Colorado job open, the school is expected to reach out to alum & #Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy. But it’s hard to imagine Bieniemy takes it. He just won a Super Bowl, will be a top HC candidate next year — and saving a recruiting class & hiring a staff this late is impossible.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) February 12, 2020

[Reply]
RockChalk 10:20 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Horrible advice for someone of EB's pedigree. Colorado may reach out, but he will politely tell them thank you, no thank you.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:25 AM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Let's take career advice from Michael Lombardi, sounds like a solid life decision. If you go to college there's no guarantee you ever get back to the level of SUPER BOWL WINNING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR... some people are just fucking stupid.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:09 AM 02-12-2020
College football gives you more longevity, but it's fucking rough, man.

You can be the perfect head coach and if you land in the wrong program, you might never see true success.

Bieniemy is probably going to be a fine head coach, but he has the potential to fail spectacularly if he takes that CU job, moreso than if he took over an NFL team. He fails in the NFL, then he just goes back to being an OC/RB coach and then maybe tries again. He fails at the CU job, and he might never have a shot at an NFL HC position.

And some coaches just prefer being a college HC. That's fine. I don't know if Bieniemy is like that, but if he is, he should maybe consider it.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:13 AM 02-12-2020
Good for EB. He'll be able to leverage this to get a nice pay raise from KC to run the offense for one more year before having the pick of his job openings.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:18 AM 02-12-2020
There could be some seriously big NFL head coaching jobs available next season.

The Jets, the Falcons, the Bears, the Jags, maybe more.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up