ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>new tv for the game
tmax63 02:50 PM 02-01-2020
Alright, who else besides me decided this was the perfect reason to get a new tv? I've been watching a 40" Vizio for over a decade. It's manufacture date is 4/2007. This was the perfect excuse to upgrade.
Just hooked up a 55" Samsung curved screen 4K UDR and turned on about an hour ago. I know it's not the bestest out there but it's a major upgrade for me. Who else decided to upgrade?
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:37 PM 02-06-2020
Upgraded last year from a Samsung 55" 1080p to a Samsung 75" QLED7. Spent about $2000 last year's Black Friday.

I spent a lot of time on RTINGS.com and found the S7 to be one of the better-rated gaming TVs. Plus, it has a separate box to plug in all peripherals instead of directly into the TV. Makes the cable situation less messy, especially for hanging the TV on a wall.

OLEDs rated well but were a bit outside my budget, and I wanted at least a 75". The burn-in issue was a concern. Also, my TV room is pretty bright from sunlight, and OLEDs seen better suited for dark rooms.

First game played on it was RDR2, and what a game to start out with. Currently playing AC: Odyssey. Even older original xbox/360 games look so much better on this TV. Super Bowl looked great, as did all the games this season.
[Reply]
kcmecker 03:41 PM 02-06-2020
I was able to upgrade to a 55' c8 before the SB for $750 locally. I didn't see much difference to warrant a $1k price increase if I'd bought a c9. While it isnt the biggest, it's the perfect size for my living room. Watching almost anything on it has been amazing.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:45 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by kcmecker:
I was able to upgrade to a 55' c8 before the SB for $750 locally. I didn't see much difference to warrant a $1k price increase if I'd bought a c9. While it isnt the biggest, it's the perfect size for my living room. Watching almost anything on it has been amazing.
That's an incredible price.
[Reply]
kcmecker 08:44 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That's an incredible price.
Thanks. It was used as a demo, but had less than an hour on the timer.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up