ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the best sequel better than the first
Rasputin 11:39 AM 12-22-2019
Change my mind.

What others movie sequels is better than the first?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:24 AM 12-23-2019
Temple of Doom was a prequel. So there.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:17 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While Raiders of the Lost Ark was the pacesetter and a fantastic film, The Last Crusade is my favorite due to the casting and overall story arc.

Sean Connery as Henry Jones, Sr.? Maybe the best casting of all time, IMO, and such a delight in that role.
Agree with you 100% on that one. The Last Crusade is the best of that series and it's really not all that close.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 12-23-2019
Last Crusade is my favorite as well.

Temple Of Doom is damn near Crystal Skull bad; I just don't understand the subgroup of people who love that movie. Kate Capshaw is just laughably awful.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:43 AM 12-23-2019
The only problem Temple of Doom has is that it isn't Raiders.

If it was the first Indy movie it would be a lot more popular.

Kate Capshaw may be annoying to some, but I love her in that movie, and I love that movie, and Spielberg married her because of that movie, and "Anything Goes" is iconic, as is Indy in a cream tux, and one of the greatest location shoots of all time on that bridge.

So fuck all ya'll.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:00 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Kate Capshaw may be annoying to some, but I love her in that movie, and I love that movie, and Spielberg married her because of that movie, and "Anything Goes" is iconic, as is Indy in a cream tux, and one of the greatest location shoots of all time on that bridge.

So fuck all ya'll.

Well here's the thing I've watched Temple of Doom long before i ever got to see Raiders of the lost Ark. SO I think that does play a part why i like it so much and I'm not the biggest fan of Last Crusade as I should be.

I remember my brother would try and take my heart or I tried taking his good times.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:08 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

So fuck all ya'll.
There's a lot of Godfather 3 to Temple of Doom.

Like GF3, one casting choice hurts that movie more than anyone could've ever seen coming and there's a significant tonal shift from the other 2 movies in the trilogy that make it more jarring.

And stand-alone, without any knowledge of the other 2 movies, perhaps it is a deserving enough installment. If you didn't know GF1 and 2 were a thing, GF3 might work better. If for no other reason than you wouldn't realize how critical Robert Duvall/Tom O'Hagan was to the first 2 movies and what a weak facsimile George Hamilton is (though, like Capshaw, you would still be watching Sofia Coppola and thinking "man, how the fuck did she get this job?")

I guess I can buy the argument that it's a good movie IF it was your introduction to the franchise. But for me it was the 3rd I saw and after seeing Crusade, then Raiders - Temple of Doom was just a complete piece of shit, even as a 12(ish) yr old.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:11 PM 12-23-2019
I saw them in order growing up. ToD was my least favorite, but as I've grown up, I like it a lot more. Personally, I think it fits right in and is not a problem for me at all.

Crystal Skull however...
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:18 PM 12-23-2019
Kate Capshaw 2019

Hell yes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Kate Capshaw 2019

Hell yes.
Yeah, Clay said "Spielberg married her because this movie..." and all I could think was "nah, Spielgberg married her because dem tiddays..."

Because man, she had a GREAT rack.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:32 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Aliens could be argued is a better film than Alien.

But I’d put them as equals
Yeah, I don't agree that Aliens is better than Alien. They are just two completely different kinds of moves - Alien is a horror movie and Aliens is an action/war movie. Different vibes make them difficult to compare but I think they are equally as good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, Clay said "Spielberg married her because this movie..." and all I could think was "nah, Spielgberg married her because dem tiddays..."

Because man, she had a GREAT rack.
Well, yeah, but they met because of Temple of Doom.

But like Todayo-Tacameenie said in Space Camp....GREAT BOOSTERS!

[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:21 PM 12-26-2019
Temple of Doom is my favorite Indiana Jones movie *ducks*
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:23 PM 12-26-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Kate Capshaw 2019

Hell yes.
Mizzou alum.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:38 PM 12-26-2019

[Reply]